Turn on thread page Beta

My friends are making me feel guilty for not caring about Michael Jackson! watch

Approximately 250,000-300,000 people die each day, 'mj' is just another dead animal, just like we will all be one day. Makes me feel all tragic, innit.

ReputationRep:
    I am devastated that Michael died, I have always loved everything about him.

That said, if someone doesn't like him, thats fair enough, im not going to call you names because you dont.

Its insulting for someone to jump on a bandwagon and suddenly develop a love for a person just because they've died.

I dont push MJ on anyone, but I hate it when people start insulting him, thats just plain disrespect, for him and his fans.

Im not rubbing my love for him in peoples faces so why are people rubbing their hate in the faces of his fans?

ReputationRep:
    well for a start what makes him so special - he didnt do anything that great for society really did he - and if you asked the population 2 years ago of their opinions the "average" would have been that he was a dirty old paedo with mental health issues.

Why is he now seen as some kind of god? Yes he could peform - but he wasnt a great musician, and he wasnt a great dancer, what did he add to society, what did he do for charity............. etc - and that doesnt even matter - i think it is almost safe to assume that he did some strange things with kids - there isnt all that smoke without a little bit of fire and/or questionable morals.

Bottom line is why is the death of one human being more sad than another - he was just a normal human being - he wasnt a amazing person

*by great i mean top 5 of all time - he just had a certain package.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anonymous or delete.

OK, so I know that it's said that Michael Jackson is dead, but I really couldn't care less. I didn't know the guy, so why should I feel anything for me? Furthermore, he hasn't released any new songs in forever, so his 'King of Pop' role will live on.

However, I keep getting invited to join all these Michael Jackson groups on Facebook and never feel the need or want to join them. When I decline I get re-sent the invitation over and over. When I told my friend to stop sending me the invitations she said I was being disrespectful. Others keep ranting on about how pop is now dead and when I tell them it's not and to stop going on they have a go at me.

How can I get my friends to see my point of view? I mean, it's not like I ever knew him or had anything in common with him!
    I think maybe there getting the wrong impression?

They might think that you mean it in a harsh nasty way rather than a it dont effect me because its not someone i knew if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    i care since he had great talent. it's like if Maradona dies. I never knew him, but plenty of people would care since he was arguably the best ever football player. Like Michael Jackson, he achieved and accomplished a lot. This is why IMO a lot of people care about Michael Jackson's death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    well for a start what makes him so special - he didnt do anything that great for society really did he - and if you asked the population 2 years ago of their opinions the "average" would have been that he was a dirty old paedo with mental health issues.

Why is he now seen as some kind of god? Yes he could peform - but he wasnt a great musician, and he wasnt a great dancer, what did he add to society, what did he do for charity............. etc - and that doesnt even matter - i think it is almost safe to assume that he did some strange things with kids - there isnt all that smoke without a little bit of fire and/or questionable morals.

Bottom line is why is the death of one human being more sad than another - he was just a normal human being - he wasnt a amazing person

*by great i mean top 5 of all time - he just had a certain package.
    You cant say he wasn't great at all.

He obviously was, otherwise there wouldn't have been a reaction on this scale.

I just think it's funny how the media have made him out to be this sort of saint, yet they treated him like ***** throughtout his life.

That said, I think the amount of coverage that his death has had in the media for the past two weeks is ridiculous. In those two weeks, a political crisis in Honduras, race riots in China, and ongoing protests in Iran all happened, yet they got little coverage.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less either. He was one man out of millions. I didn't know him, he didn't know me and I hated his music. He's dead now... so what? Sure it's sad for his family but it holds no significance for me.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is the BIGGEST TROLL in the history of TROLLING, LOL at this your friends are making you feel guilty for not caring about michael jackson, so you thought you'd try and make us care about that?
    Thanks.

About MJ, say what you want about him... but he's thriller album has sold the most copies world wide of all time on the planet earth, so until someone breaks that record, you can basically just stfu

IM CONFUSED IS THIS NOT A PLACE FOR HEALTH AND RELATIONSHIPS?
    ?
    ?
    ?

ReputationRep:
    Write "I don't care about the death of a paedophile" in your status, and the MJ Facebook groups will die away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    this thread is the BIGGEST TROLL in the history of TROLLING, LOL at this your friends are making you feel guilty for not caring about michael jackson, so you thought you'd try and make us care about that?
    Thanks.

About MJ, say what you want about him... but he's thriller album has sold the most copies world wide of all time on the planet earth, so until someone breaks that record, you can basically just stfu
    I agree, he deserves every last bit of the attention. People insulting him are just being antagonistic. Attention seekers.

Let's see your favourite star top his record sales.

Dweebs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    You cant say he wasn't great at all.

He obviously was, otherwise there wouldn't have been a reaction on this scale.
    dont get me wrong he was good at what he did - but if you reread my post tbf i did say i classed "great" as top 5 ever. You cant honestly say he was in the top5 musicians of all time, probably not in most peoples top 10 either.

And as a dancer im sure there are hundreds alive today who are better.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno why people keep bringing his record sales into it as most people aren't denying that he was a great performer. But it was 2 weeks ago that he died and its fair enough if people don't want to care anymore.

As Noel Gallagher said:
    "This Mike Jackson thing's dragging on a bit, innit? Who do they think he is, Jade Goody?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    dont get me wrong he was good at what he did - but if you reread my post tbf i did say i classed "great" as top 5 ever. You cant honestly say he was in the top5 musicians of all time, probably not in most peoples top 10 either.

And as a dancer im sure there are hundreds alive today who are better.
    Yeah top 5 in your opinion, the facts show that thriller is the biggest selling album of all time, nothing comes close.

So whilst you are entitled to your opinion, dont try to impose it as fact.

How can you even be sure that there are hundreds of better dancers today? You cant be sure at all.

Fair enough if thats your opinion, but dont make out that it is fact.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I don't care that he's dead. I care that he's passed away, but it doesn't really change my life or anything, and he wasn't anyone close to me, so I'm not heartbroken. I haven't joined any of the groups I've been invited to for MJ's death, but I don't bother to click Ignore either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawl123)
    I dunno why people keep bringing his record sales into it as most people aren't denying that he was a great performer. But it was 2 weeks ago that he died and its fair enough if people don't want to care anymore.

As Noel Gallagher said:
    "This Mike Jackson thing's dragging on a bit, innit? Who do they think he is, Jade Goody?"
    Don't change the rules because you don't like the winner of the game. Michael Jackson was a musician, what else are we supposed to measure him on? Records sold is the yard stick by which we judge musicians.

He is the biggest selling artist of all time. As for Noel Gallagher, well he's not even worth talking about, because after all, what has he sold?

ReputationRep:
    Block invitations is such a wonderful tool

ReputationRep:
    I agree. It's sad that he's dead because he's a person and had family, but at the end of the day I think it's a bit ridiculous the way some people are going on about considering they'd never even met him.

(Original post by Pawsies)
    Block invitations is such a wonderful tool
    And yep, what I did with the FB invitations was just joined them then hid their updates to avoid looking like a ***** and stop the requests. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Dude, he had sex with children

ReputationRep:
    You're all ******* morons.
    Micheal Jackson WASN'T just an entertainer, he won world records for the most charity donated by a popstar
    He revolutionised modern music
    He recreated the whole image of black people in the entertainment industry

No, he wasn't a pedophile, he was the victim of a lot of ********* trying to steal his money. He wouldn't have been acquited TWICE otherwise.

All of you need to stop talking because what you're saying is beyond disrespectful.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.