Turn on thread page Beta

Could I order one belly to go please? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    add some big compound lifts like deadlifts..and maybe some bent over rows and you will see some good results kudos on losing the gut btw

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't going to add this data but have changed my mind. So:

06/07/2009

Weight 11st 12.06

Neck 16.00
    Bicep 13.00
    Forearm 11.40
    Chest 41.00
    Waist 37.00
    Thigh 21.00
    Calf 14.50

Body Fat 18.44

ReputationRep:
    13/07/2009

Weight 11st 10.80 -1.26

Neck 15.50 -0.50
    Bicep 13.00 - same
    Forearm 11.00 -0.40
    Chest 40.00 -1.00
    Waist 35.00 -2.0
    Thigh 21.00 - same
    Calf 14.50 - same

Body Fat 17.04 -1.40

ReputationRep:
    do u have the dates right?

did u mean 13th july? cos i'd be shocked if someone dropped all them in a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    do u have the dates right?

did u mean 13th july? cos i'd be shocked if someone dropped all them in a week
    Oh right dates but both of them are in July - yes one week.

Which stat(s) surprises you?

ReputationRep:
    neck and forearms n chest

but yeh, that's quite a drop in a week, cud be mostly water, a bit of fat

waist is fine, long as that goes down n rest stay samey u'll be good to go n not really losing muscle if at all

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually surprised - and quite disappointed - that my bicep (which is measured whilst tense) is still the same to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    neck
    Ye this one shocked me a little too. I didn't notice a change whereas my mother said the other day "even your neck has got smaller".

As we all know, you can't choose where to lose fat from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    I'm actually surprised - and quite disappointed - that my bicep (which is measured whilst tense) is still the same to be honest.
    I'd be surprised if it got bigger. You're dieting; don't expect muscle to grow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I'd be surprised if it got bigger. You're dieting; don't expect muscle to grow.
    You can diet and build muscle through resistance at the same time?

I've certainly seen a noticeable increase with certain muscles since I began.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe some novice muscle gain in the untrained.

If you have, don't expect that to continue. Muscles need an abundance of calories to grow. It's very difficult to do this consistently on a diet. Clearly, some fat will be burned and reveal what muscles you have.

ReputationRep:
    Also remember your arms whilst they never really look 'fat' they do contain a lot more fat than you'd expect

so it's not uncommon to lose 1/2" from your arms in fat

however this can be overcome with muscles

so if anything, be happy if it remains constant whilst waist goes down.

ReputationRep:
    I've not even began to start looking at bulking really, calories = enemy right now. Is it quite a fine line between eating too many calories to build muscle and gaining fat?

ReputationRep:
    Don't be afraid of a little fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    I've not even began to start looking at bulking really, calories = enemy right now. Is it quite a fine line between eating too many calories to build muscle and gaining fat?
    focus more on macro's than calories

ReputationRep:
    Next planned measure/weigh in soon but before that...

A side project of mine is to run 2.4k in 12mins. Today, whilst feeling a little under-the-weather, I ran 2.3k in 12½mins

My previous technique was to go quite fast, about 12.5kph but after 5mins i'd be exhausted and drop to about 8kph. Today I was steady at 10kph for a while, then increased to 10.5 and then to 11. For the last half a minute I pushed at 12.5-13kph to make it to that 2.3k

Anyway, I'm really happy with that but on Tuesday I'm gonna push for that 2.4k in 12mins

ReputationRep:
    Quite dissapointed with this weeks slow progress, though in fairness I have had about three 'bad days'. I've also decided to increase my calorie intake to 2100 a day, up from 1700 a day.

20/07/2009

Weight 11st 9.30 -1.50

Neck 15.50 - same
    Bicep 13.00 - same
    Forearm 11.20 +0.20
    Chest 38.00 -2.00
    Waist 35.00 - same
    Thigh 21.00 - same
    Calf 14.50 - same

Body Fat 16.28 -0.76

ReputationRep:
    Resistance wise, this last week has been a good one. I've finally managed to do my full sets/reps of pull-ups and dips without any assisted weight, something I've been aiming for since I started.

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully I am seeing loses in all areas which are being measured for fat (biceps excluded), though the amounts of loss is smaller than when I started. This can probably be expected at this stage. I've upped my cals by around 500 (making an allowance of 2200), though a couple of days a week I still only get in around 1700cals.

I've also removed a couple of measurements which I felt weren't needed.

27/07/2009

Weight 11st 8.70 -0.60

Neck 15.00 -0.50
    Bicep 13.00 - same
    Chest 37.50 -0.50
    Waist 34.50 - 0.50

Body Fat 15.20 -1.08

ReputationRep:
    This week is a continuation of the plateau I've recently hit. I'm finding it had to incorporate an additional 500cals per week, hitting my target of 2200cals on three days out of the past seven (one of which was a bad 'junk' day).

I'm waiting for some new supplements to be delivered and will name them and talk a little about them following a week of use next Monday.

3/08/2009

Weight 11st 7.80 -0.90

Bicep 13.00 - same
    Chest 37.50 - same
    Waist 34.50 - same

Body Fat 15.20 - same

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.