Turn on thread page Beta

Cousin caught shoplifting watch

ReputationRep:
    I got caught when I was 13. lol
    I had to go to the station for fingerprints, some interrogation thing, and a tour of a prison to show us how bad it was.
    Um...the officer who took my prints said they would be erased from the database when I turned 18.
    Meh.
    I learned my lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Screw companies. They're screwing you.
    Fight the power man.

(Original post by Arctic_wombaT)
    cool, my cousin got caught shoplifting a week ago too. :woo:

but he did it at the place he was working and got fired!!
    Wow stealing from the place you work at and go into every week....what a new level of stupid that really is!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I think the worst they're going to do if he stole a pack of sweets is point a finger at him and tell him not to do it again. They'll contact his parents, which I think you mentioned, and that's about it - he may be banned from entering that particular store too.

If it was something like stealing alcohol he may be cautioned. And then if he was a 'real badass' and opted for armed robbery, he'll probably be charged for it and have the court decide the punishment.

ReputationRep:
    A few mates of mine were caught stealing from the local sainsburys, no fines or police involved- the store just banned them from entering for life!

I once ****** up all the pc's in pc world by rebooting them in safe mode and doing stupid things, so they banned me from entering the store, but that was 5 years ago, and i go there all the time now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk88)
    A few mates of mine were caught stealing from the local sainsburys, no fines or police involved- the store just banned them from entering for life!

I once ****** up all the pc's in pc world by rebooting them in safe mode and doing stupid things, so they banned me from entering the store, but that was 5 years ago, and i go there all the time now
    Glad I'm not the only one that used to mess with computers in stores :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Wow stealing from the place you work at and go into every week....what a new level of stupid that really is!
    yeah i agree, the worst thing is that im not surprised at his stupidity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Now it's spent at the point it is given.

Used to be different.
    Ah, fair do's then...wouldn't it still show up on an enhanced disclosure though (There's 3 levels of disclosure, I'm talking about the most stringent one)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    Ah, fair do's then...wouldn't it still show up on an enhanced disclosure though (There's 3 levels of disclosure, I'm talking about the most stringent one)?
    Thankfully, I'm not in a position to know. However, you do not have to disclose it and I don't think it shows up on a CRB (?) whatever that is.

Apologies, all my knowledge was used up in the last post.

People used to (and probably still do) shoplift in my local Co-op all the time. A friend of mine went in with a Co-op bag put a couple of bottles of wine in it and strolled out. I suppose it can't be that hard considering the majority of employees struggle to speak english or have mental health problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Thankfully, I'm not in a position to know. However, you do not have to disclose it and I don't think it shows up on a CRB (?) whatever that is.

Apologies, all my knowledge was used up in the last post.
    Looks like I wrong, there's 2 levels of disclosure and a caution would show up (source, CRB website)

(Posted for general info only)

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.