Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The girls at Imperial are, in general, very attractive because they are very intelligent !

hows is imperial for maths?

ReputationRep:
    For maths its very good; one of the best reputations.

ReputationRep:
    is it unusual to get an offer without being invited to interview? and how's imperial for biotechnology/biochem? and for someone who's a current student: i initially applied for biotech but now i'd like to do it with the 'year in industry/research' option. is that possible or is it too late? (i already have an offer.)
    and...last question...where do imperial graduates head off to? is there a chance of getting into prestigious grad schools like for instance MIT?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    The girls at Imperial are, in general, very attractive because they are very intelligent !
    what about their outward appearance?

ReputationRep:
    and also: is it true that cam does not offer any research opportunities for undergrads in natsci? (biochem) so then wouldn't it be better to go to imperial for science courses bcoz you have more practical experience there? (i was rejected from stupid cam)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Hey pk

You're studying medicine right (coolies )? Could I just ask when you heard from Imperial concerning your interview? I'm not worried but I'm just curious because I haven't even received a confirmation which all the other applicants I know received a couple of months ago... am I really that repulsive or are they just playing it cool ? (or this is just my paranoia and it's just due to huge oversubscription?)
    Dear Lucy,

My friend has applied to study medicine for 2004 entry as well, and she is exactly the same, she hasn't recieved a comfrimation letter or anything, so i wouldn't worry about it, it seems like its just the thing they do.

Luv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    what about their outward appearance?
    Well from what I've seen they seem prefectly 'normal' and representative lol.

ReputationRep:
    some people call it gimperial. I don't get it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boygenious)
    Would people say then that imperial is the geekiest uni out of the lot?

"I hope not!"

Luv

(Original post by Kuz)
    Would people say then that imperial is the geekiest uni out of the lot?

"I hope not!"

Luv
    No, UMIST. But wait, that's just Manchester now. Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boygenious)
    Yes, i know people who study there and call it gimperial..! From what i can gather, as with all London universities, the social life is crap; you get a high proportion of chinese people who keep themselves to themselves; the work ethic is very high; people do tend to be slightly geeky (but then it is a science college :-) ) and finally, it is very expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Yes, i know people who study there and call it gimperial..! From what i can gather, as with all London universities, the social life is crap; you get a high proportion of chinese people who keep themselves to themselves; the work ethic is very high; people do tend to be slightly geeky (but then it is a science college :-) ) and finally, it is very expensive.

:eek:
    There must be some people who wanna socialize a little though right....???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    :eek:
    There must be some people who wanna socialize a little though right....???
    Yes, i mean my boyfriend there goes out an average amount, tends to go to the pub under his halls. However, he said the Union nights are rubbish at Imperial because it is all men basically, and he and his friends often go over to the LSE student union to get decent entertainment. The situation isn't incurable there, it is just harder than say at a campus uni.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone go to the Biochemistry open day on Wednesday (3rd)? I was suprised to see that 90% of applicants were chinese! lol So I am too but as I live north, it's really weird to see where all these chinese ppl are coming from! It's true that they tend to keep themselves to themselves though which is really annoying because finding a social life in Imperial is gonna be harder than I thought now..apart from the huge male ratio..which wasn't particularly apparent when I was there, most applicants seemed to be girls to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    How many first year students are going to be at Imperial?

At least 1% has to be allright...

ReputationRep:
    Whats Imperial like for biology? I've got to make a decision between Bristol, Durham and Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing chemical engineering~

and Yes I'm Chinese~ I do admit that some chinese people may seem "geeky" but in general Chinese people are better at maths/science and they work hard on it!!

Anyway I don't think I am one of them, and I do want some social life!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [R])
    hahahah ive got offers from imperial.. but which is a better course in generall.. less work... easeir better jobs etc.. biomedical engineering or maths???
    how are the dorms? which ones are closest to uni, have good internet.. preffereably ensuite.. no catering/?
    hopefully there are a lota hot guys fingers crossed...
    welll from what i know there must be at least quite a few ppl who are not the 'geeky' type.... this is the way i thought of it.. im sure a gazillion other ppl like me have applied and gotten offers.. and ok obviously im gona wana do well in class n ****.. so i will do work... but that doesnt mean that were not gona be sociall.. we just gota look for the right ppl.. duno how thats gona happen but im sure there will be many ppl like us....who wanna party sht loads aswell

right????(i hope so! hahah ) if not im just planning to live with my school firends in otther unis.. lol
    That's the way it should be... but you never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Imperial's a good uni shame the male:female ratio is poo
    Only if you're male

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.