Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Southampton 2012 Applicant's Thread Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Pharmacology last night! ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsbea)
    Oh right!
    Really hoping I get the grades for soton. It's probably my first choice. Where else did you apply?
    Yeah me too, would be nice!
    I applied to Sheffield, UEA, Manchester and Oxford Brookes as well, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Biochemistry ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarryJ)
    Yeah me too, would be nice!
    I applied to Sheffield, UEA, Manchester and Oxford Brookes as well, how about you?
    Basically the same as you except I picked Kent instead of Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsbea)
    Basically the same as you except I picked Kent instead of Sheffield.
    Sickwan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulbridger)
    Offer for Geology!!
    Congrats, what grades?

ReputationRep:
    Applying for History. Sent my app last month, anybody else got offers for History? If so, how long did they take to respond?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulietAlphaGolf)
    Congrats, what grades?
    Thanks! It's AAB, but for an MSci (:

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Morse - AAB! So happy right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drlesliechoi)
    Nice!! Still waiting on Southampton, how long did it take for them to give you the offer?
    i applied at the beginning of october so quite a while! (sorry for long reply)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desy.kris)
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! are you guys gonna firm/insurance Soton?
    insurance i think

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my application on 7 Dec, up till now i still had not received any acknowledgement from them. Is this considered normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocsartsar)
    I sent off my application on 7 Dec, up till now i still had not received any acknowledgement from them. Is this considered normal?
    I didnt even get an acknowledgement just a letter for my interview date so i assume its normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocsartsar)
    yupp I never received an acknowledgement actually. though some home students did receive one in the post. but it's only from certain departments. no worries!

ReputationRep:
    Got an AAB/A*BB offer for BSc Mathematics.. was always planning on putting it as my insurance with UCL as my firm, but having been to a Soton visiting day I fell in love with the place and now will probably firm it.

Would be great to get to know some people before I go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonyH663)
    Applying for History. Sent my app last month, anybody else got offers for History? If so, how long did they take to respond?
    I have a Hist and Pol offer, and it took them about 6 weeks :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Currieg)
    Got an AAB/A*BB offer for BSc Mathematics.. was always planning on putting it as my insurance with UCL as my firm, but having been to a Soton visiting day I fell in love with the place and now will probably firm it.

It's awesome here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Currieg)

I was also planning on originally firming with UCL if they gave me an offer, but I've jumped ship too. I loved Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    What's Southampton's policy on modular resits outside of the 2 years of A Level?

ReputationRep:
    Hei I just got my undergrad pack from southampton although i got accepted more than 1 month ago for Bsc applied social sciences criminology/psychology grades required AAB but i'm an EU student so i have a personalized offer. good luck everyone!

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.