UCL Medicine 2010 Watch

loveisjustasong
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tina2010)
UCL told me that i was rejected purely on the basis of my bmat scores so it was very irresponsible of you to say that "my application was excellent by my standards,but not by ucl standards".It sounds wrong coming from someone mouth who hasnt even read my personal statment and giving me such a bold remarks.Do you speak on behalf of ucl admission coz if you do then its student's forum and i hav every right to present my reasons of being rejected .I would suggest that if UCL wants to advice/help students on their application then they should have their own forums rather than bothering here.Btw i didnt ask you about my standard of application nor do i feel the need to explain to you how good my application was,when UCL replied back themselves so stop rubbing in your nose when its not needed.I feel the duty to complain to UCL because its totally iresponsible behaviour that someone like you should be representing UCL and even if you arent,then you do act like that you know more than anyone else. :mad:
Tina, don't get so worked up about it. UCL rejected you because they did. I know how upset and disappointed you must feel but just try and move forward. Did UCL actually say they rejected you just because of the BMAT? What was your score?
Neomaster121
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
UCL told me that i was rejected purely on the basis of my bmat scores so it was very irresponsible of you to say that "my application was excellent by my standards,but not by ucl standards".It sounds wrong coming from someone mouth who hasnt even read my personal statment and giving me such a bold remarks.Do you speak on behalf of ucl admission coz if you do then its student's forum and i hav every right to present my reasons of being rejected .I would suggest that if UCL wants to advice/help students on their application then they should have their own forums rather than bothering here.Btw i didnt ask you about my standard of application nor do i feel the need to explain to you how good my application was,when UCL replied back themselves so stop rubbing in your nose when its not needed.I feel the duty to complain to UCL because its totally iresponsible behaviour that someone like you should be representing UCL and even if you arent,then you do act like that you know more than anyone else. :mad:
wow you want to report someone on a forum to a university lol

sorry that u didn't get through but still... whats with the hype

you reporting who ever won't get you the place
The Megatron
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good plan on ringing them up. I'm sure they'll give you an offer then and there!
Alex D
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
someone like you should be representing UCL and even if you arent,then you do act like that you know more than anyone else. :mad:
Absolutely. In no way should someone who studied at UCL for 6 years have any idea about it, or be able to comment on it. It's shocking
smile-always
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Alex D)
Absolutely. In no way should someone who studied at UCL for 6 years have any idea about it, or be able to comment on it. It's shocking
Lol. I agree with Alex D. xxx
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You diddn't know on NMM Spencer is actually Dr Brenda Cross?? :eek3: :woo: :p:
tina2010
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My 3 cousins n sister studied medicine in UCL,that doesnt mean someone would know how medical admission system works??
Spencer Wells
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was on the medical school admissions panel, so I have some idea.
Spencer Wells
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by vutterman)
'was'? or 'am'?
was.
Martial44
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well, i would think the idea of having a post UCL admissions dude on the forum to inform us prospective medics was a good idea so im not sure people on here seem to be unwelcoming.
friends
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i got 4.9/5.1/10.5 in my bmat do you think i will make the ucl guaranteed interview list.i meet there other requirements
zakgunner
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
just to compare with like "friends" ^^^^^^, who is more likely to get an interview when i also meet the requirements but have a BMAT score of 5.4,5.1,7.5.

really is interesting since he didnt make section 1 requirement and i neva made section 3.

which one would they place more emphasis on ??????

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
Martial44
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by friends)
i got 4.9/5.1/10.5 in my bmat do you think i will make the ucl guaranteed interview list.i meet there other requirements
to be in the guaranteed list you need 5,5,9 if you have met all other requirements. that said, I think you have a good chance as your only slightly off s1 and UCL may still read the application and interview if they like it. I think they go down and check lower bmat scores until they have filled up all interview slots. pure speculation. You dont have to have 5,5,9 to be interviewed so chill.
friends
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by zakgunner)
just to compare with like "friends" ^^^^^^, who is more likely to get an interview when i also meet the requirements but have a BMAT score of 5.4,5.1,7.5.

really is interesting since he didnt make section 1 requirement and i neva made section 3.

which one would they place more emphasis on ??????

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
i think you need a total of 19
medimen
Report 9 years ago
i've heard they place more emphasis on S3??
x
loveisjustasong
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by medimen)
i've heard they place more emphasis on S3??
x
Where did you hear this from?
medimen
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
Where did you hear this from?
nowhere concrete, just around on forums...
loveisjustasong
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by medimen)
nowhere concrete, just around on forums...
Well, I know someone who got in with 5,5,6 so the essay can't always be that important to UCL.

NB to everyone else: This is my opinion. It is not fact. Please don't bite my head off, thanks.
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by friends)
With respect, the criteria are clear: 5,5,9, and meeting other requirements, if you have extenuating circumstances, you or your college should write to the admissions tutor. That is not to say that with your score you won't get an interview, but you will not be in the guranteed catagory.
medimen
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
Well, I know someone who got in with 5,5,6 so the essay can't always be that important to UCL.

NB to everyone else: This is my opinion. It is not fact. Please don't bite my head off, thanks.
fair point
i guess its different for every applicant,like i just heard that over some forums, and some people who did badly on the essay last year got rejected from UCL and into Imperial, so i guess it does vary.

im not biting your head off
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise