Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    YEs - got an offer from Glasgow but never received an acknowledgement

ReputationRep:
    Got my two offers from Bath today.
    I screamed as loud as I did when I dinged 60 in WoW 3 years ago. n.n

4,4,4 in Physics B, Calculus, and English Lit for both BEng and MEng. The difference is GPA. 3.3 for BEng, 3.8 for MEng.

Woot. ^^

ReputationRep:
    Why do they give you a class rank? seems a bit harsh to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zouth)
    Got my two offers from Bath today.
    I screamed as loud as I did when I dinged 60 in WoW 3 years ago. n.n

4,4,4 in Physics B, Calculus, and English Lit for both BEng and MEng. The difference is GPA. 3.3 for BEng, 3.8 for MEng.

Woot. ^^
    Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Zouth!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats
    I love that we get our decisions in a few weeks whereas in the US we generally won't find out for months.
    Does anyone know where they're for sure going?

ReputationRep:
    I do! I am for sure going to Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    What are you all doing for financial situations? FAFSA? Loans? Personal money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by margretmei)
    What are you all doing for financial situations? FAFSA? Loans? Personal money?
    I honestly don't really know. The financial aid in Britain, especially for International students is really almost non-existent. I mean I'm sure there is some out there if you want to look, but mainly, we're just there to give them money. I think I read somewhere that our best bet is to see if we can get scholarships in the U.S. There ARE scholarships I think for U.S. students for some schools, but I think it'd probably be really hard to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmyish)
    I honestly don't really know. The financial aid in Britain, especially for International students is really almost non-existent. I mean I'm sure there is some out there if you want to look, but mainly, we're just there to give them money. I think I read somewhere that our best bet is to see if we can get scholarships in the U.S. There ARE scholarships I think for U.S. students for some schools, but I think it'd probably be really hard to get.
    There's a thread in this forum about this called "Students from America, Finance " it hasn't been edited in a few weeks so you have to look for it but it contains a lot of good answers:yep:

ReputationRep:
    University of Edinburgh: Unconditional for International Relations(IR)
    University of St. Sndrews: Unconditional for IR
    LSE: IR & History: still waiting

SAT's were between 650 - 700: 3 APs at 5's and 4, 3 AP's predicted at 5's, SAT II's at 750,750 and 690; Overall GPA was 93 at end of junior year; Personal statement included a lot of info. on an extracurricular of mine - debate. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    I just got an unconditional from Edinburgh and a conditional from Manchester!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maromelon)
    Congratulations - are you going to firm the offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissurmojo)
    Congratulations - are you going to firm the offer?
    Thanks! If I don't get into KCL, then yes I will.

Oh, and for any other applicants this year or next my stats were 5 in AP US History, 5 in English Lang and Comp, US Gov and a predicted 5554 for English Lit, Macroeconomics, Statistics and French. Also a 2120 on my SAT plus two SAT subject tests in History and English Literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maromelon)
    Congrats! Did you have to interview for Manchester, and if you did, what was it like? I'm curious because I almost did, but then withdrew

ReputationRep:
    This might be really silly, and I'm new to this whole forum (applying from New York), but... does UCAS inform you if you've been rejected? I heard that unlike US schools, UK unis only send word if you've been made some sort of offer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atoaster56)
    This might be really silly, and I'm new to this whole forum (applying from New York), but... does UCAS inform you if you've been rejected? I heard that unlike US schools, UK unis only send word if you've been made some sort of offer...
    They do, yes. Er, as in, Track does tell you if you've been rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tzareenah)
    Congrats! Did you have to interview for Manchester, and if you did, what was it like? I'm curious because I almost did, but then withdrew
    Thank you Nope, no interview (thankfully). I guess they just don't interview for my course or something? I don't think I will end up attending anyways unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    What does UCL do in lieu of interviews for internationals? Some applicants have said they received a questionnaire of sorts, but they were domestic students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fräulein)
    What does UCL do in lieu of interviews for internationals? Some applicants have said they received a questionnaire of sorts, but they were domestic students.
    They do phone interviews. I had that same questionnaire, too--they sent me an email inviting me to a phone interview with the questionnaire attached. I filled it out and sent it back through email, and they touched on it a bit during the interview.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.