__Cl F

That's meant to be tetrahedral

F-Cl-F
__ l
__F
That's T shaped
Wow that's an incredibly good diagram!
You don of chemistry AND TSR.
But you missed the 2 lone pairs but I know that was an acident ;-)
Master.K
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thank God I got those right. :rolleyes:
Reck16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If it helps, there are quite a few of the questions and the writers version of the answers here: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...1083228AAexQoH

Seems quite good apart from the graphite stuff, hate those sorts of questions, you just have to throw random facts at them hoping a few are on the mark scheme
Reck16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And you guys shouldn't worry so much, from what I've read you guys all seem amazing at chemistry and remember all these things you've 'failed' are worth one mark, even if you add them all up an A is still acheivable. The paper was out of 70, therefore even if the grade boundaries are high (which they probably won't be), you could still afford to lose 14 marks to get 80%. You've all done amazingly well, and on the 19th of august, looking at your A's, you'll see this thread and laugh at how worried you were =D
t3h_y0u553f
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Artymess)
epic fail how can an isomer of PENT-1-ene contain 6 carbons? it was 3-methylbut-1-ene

and on the whole i quite enjoyed the exam, the beauty of resitting in yr13 is all the calculations and organic stuff is easy peasy

I was expecting to get high 60s. But i can already count like 7 marks i've lost. Just two more things.

Do you reckon they will accept 'molecular crystal' for Iodine instead of 'simple molecular'.

And on the first page I wrote Cl2 + 3F2 - 2ClF3 someone was saying that in the question we have to use one mole of fluorine or something is that true?
CHEM1STRY
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by t3h_y0u553f)
I was expecting to get high 60s. But i can already count like 7 marks i've lost. Just two more things.

Do you reckon they will accept 'molecular crystal' for Iodine instead of 'simple molecular'.

And on the first page I wrote Cl2 + 3F2 - 2ClF3 someone was saying that in the question we have to use one mole of fluorine or something is that true?
Molecular is the right answer and yes we do need to put 1 mol of ClF3
Tam_91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Reck16)
And you guys shouldn't worry so much, from what I've read you guys all seem amazing at chemistry and remember all these things you've 'failed' are worth one mark, even if you add them all up an A is still acheivable. The paper was out of 70, therefore even if the grade boundaries are high (which they probably won't be), you could still afford to lose 14 marks to get 80%. You've all done amazingly well, and on the 19th of august, looking at your A's, you'll see this thread and laugh at how worried you were =D
Well said.
Sparkly-Star
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Unknown-User)
Ah I think this week is a killer for all AS students.

I guess all I can is good luck and work hard.
Thank you and I will.
Sparkly-Star
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just want to see this paper and pick out where I went wrong. :teeth: Stupid trick questions. I literally fell for every single one.
M|chael
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
**** ladies that exam was kina weird. A lot of questions seemed to be trying to catch you out.
Especially the last one.. fertiliser? I guessed that there wasn't a difference between organic / synthetic cause they both had the same electron configuration? ?? therefore would react the same? .. hmm

and i swear to god Ive never drawn the shape of a molecule when there's more than 2 things bonded to the central atom (the 1st or 2nd question on the 1st page), so that was a complete guess as well..

and there was like a triple page spread on ionisation energies! mad shiz. Neon has the highest in the 2nd period right? I thought F at first cause Ne is noble, but then bottled it and put Ne

I got a B the first time around. I hope ive gone up a little
Master.K
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sparkly-Star)
I just want to see this paper and pick out where I went wrong. :teeth: Stupid trick questions. I literally fell for every single one.
I didn't sleep well last night....I was just thinking how stupid I was to get some obvious answers wrong!
t3h_y0u553f
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CHEM1STRY)
Molecular is the right answer and yes we do need to put 1 mol of ClF3
I have a suspicion that 'simple' will be underlined in simple molecular though. But hopefully I will get the mark.

I am so annoyed at that paper I'm supposed to be good at Chemistry but I pretty much got every 'trick' question wrong. And I have probably got high 50s to low 60s at best. And my ISA was poor so I really have to make up for it on mod 2...

You did edexcel IGCSE chem didn't you. We pretty much had already done a big chunk of Mod 2 the equilibria, kinetics etc.
Sparkly-Star
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Master.K)
I didn't sleep well last night....I was just thinking how stupid I was to get some obvious answers wrong!
Aw :hugs: I slept well luckily. Can't afford to **** my other exams up now because they will just be like the one we sat yesterday. :yep: At least I got 45/50 marks for my chem ISA in terms of raw marks. For biology I have 38/50 but that could go up/down so I'm even more worried about biology on Tuesday!
Master.K
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aw :hugs: I slept well luckily. Can't afford to **** my other exams up now because they will just be like the one we sat yesterday. :yep: At least I got 45/50 marks for my chem ISA in terms of raw marks. For biology I have 38/50 but that could go up/down so I'm even more worried about biology on Tuesday!
I got 43 out of 50 which is like 1 mark off an A according to last years grade boundaries.:p: The raw mark for ISA is out of 60. What is mines /60?:confused:
Could I still get an A if I get a healthy A for unit 2, C for unit 1 and B(1 marks off an A for ISA)?:confused:

I'm sooo nervous! This chem exam was suppose to be my best one. :cry2:
Reck16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know what you mean, but just say to yourself that the grade boundaries will be really low, because if you're good at chem and fell for trick questions, just imagine all the people who weren't good at chem in the first place.
Sparkly-Star
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Master.K)
I got 43 out of 50 which is like 1 mark off an A according to last years grade boundaries. The raw mark for ISA is out of 60. What is mines /60?
Could I still get an A if I get a healthy A for unit 2, C for unit 1 and B(1 marks off an A for ISA)?

I'm sooo nervous! This chem exam was suppose to be my best one.
C + high B + A doesn't sound like an A to me tbh. Unless it's a very very high A and a very very high C I think. Depends. :sad: I know what you mean though, just forget about it. It didn't have to do much about revision, yes a little bit. It just had to do with 'can you see the twists I have made in my question?' kinda thing.
CHEM1STRY
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by t3h_y0u553f)
I have a suspicion that 'simple' will be underlined in simple molecular though. But hopefully I will get the mark.

I am so annoyed at that paper I'm supposed to be good at Chemistry but I pretty much got every 'trick' question wrong. And I have probably got high 50s to low 60s at best. And my ISA was poor so I really have to make up for it on mod 2...

You did edexcel IGCSE chem didn't you. We pretty much had already done a big chunk of Mod 2 the equilibria, kinetics etc.
Nah simple won't be underlined, I wouldn't worry about it... yeah unit 2 seems easier
Master.K
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
C + high B + A doesn't sound like an A to me tbh. Unless it's a very very high A and a very very high C I think. Depends. :sad: I know what you mean though, just forget about it. It didn't have to do much about revision, yes a little bit. It just had to do with 'can you see the twists I have made in my question?' kinda thing.
I know. :sad:
I just feel soo depressed, doing some biology atm.
Hey you know for chapter 1 biology. If you look question 3a. How is the answer 3.8? I got 3.7 (When rounded up).
Mehwish-S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I Think I Did Okie In That Exam.
But It Was Way Harder Then Previous Exam Papers.

For The Empirical Formula I Got NO3...?
N = 1
O = 2.5 (3) ..?
Myth717
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So true, the questions were like poetry they needed to be interpreted... AQA seriously really need to sort this "how science works" crap out. Yesterday I'll be honest I felt so sick with myself..... I opened the paper and was like wtf wheres the chemistry in this.....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1365)
79.73%
Leave (347)
20.27%

Watched Threads