Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Where did you go after Imperial, out of interest?
    York :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to get permission for people from other halls? I mean, can your friends from other halls visit/stay over?
    The same rules apply whether they're from Mongolia or Bernard Sunley... you're meant to get permission. In reality you can let anyone stay over without informing your warden, as long as they're not disruptive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taheki)
    The same rules apply whether they're from Mongolia or Bernard Sunley... you're meant to get permission. In reality you can let anyone stay over without informing your warden, as long as they're not disruptive.
    You were being rude/sarcastic but I lol'd so hard :rofl:
    Run out of rep to give you though.
    Cool stuff, that's good to know anyway, thanks for all the replies to my annoying questions

ReputationRep:
    Imperial are WAY too hardcore for those kind of sissy emails
    Well, I'm looking forward to the 'hardcoreness'! Have you received the offer pack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfz)
    Well, I'm looking forward to the 'hardcoreness'! Have you received the offer pack?
    No I haven't :cry2: What does this pack consist of?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received mine yet (if it is even coming) I'm an international student so it'll probably take more than 4 weeks.....

ReputationRep:
    Imperial are WAY too hardcore for those kind of sissy emails
    Haha. Although the admission's lady did call me up to tell me about my offer like a week before track updated! :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluesky42)
    Haha. Although the admission's lady did call me up to tell me about my offer like a week before track updated! :mmm:
    lol I got my 'We're giving you an offer email, you will see it on track in the coming days' 2 days AFTER my UCAS track was updated

ReputationRep:
    So which halls have sinks in the room? I'm looking for a standard single. Also what's the deal with having overnight guests? Which halls don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here decided where they want to stay? I reeeeally like the look of Pembridge Hall Anyone else looking there too?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer_blazed)
    Has anyone here decided where they want to stay? I reeeeally like the look of Pembridge Hall Anyone else looking there too?
    I was looking at the twins at Pembridge. I don't think I'll apply there though. Will probably apply for some closer halls, but it looks quite nice so I don't mind if I end up there.

ReputationRep:
    does en-suite mean that the room has its own bathroom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer_blazed)
    Pembridge looks awesome, I might apply there Would like to get more information on it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dwarfwarri)
    does en-suite mean that the room has its own bathroom?
    I can't think of another definition for en-suite when it comes to accommodation, to be frank... -eyerolls-

Deadpan aside, yes. But it's only a shower - I hear shared bathrooms also contain tubs besides showers, although the latter rarely gets used (but that depends who you have on your floor. I for one enjoy the occasional bath. )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    I can't think of another definition for en-suite when it comes to accommodation, to be frank... -eyerolls-

Deadpan aside, yes. But it's only a shower - I hear shared bathrooms also contain tubs besides showers, although the latter rarely gets used (but that depends who you have on your floor. I for one enjoy the occasional bath. )
    Oooh I'm a bath person too. At Keele no one ever used the bath, so I had a bath all to myself. Was epic.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I remember the last time I had a proper bath lol. ;p

ReputationRep:
    have you guys received residence hall forms yet? When should I expect to receive them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dwarfwarri)
    have you guys received residence hall forms yet? When should I expect to receive them?
    If we had a squid for everytime someone asked this Q, that would cover at least a year's worth of accommodation fees. xD

Anyway, to answer that, [b]none of us here - or any Imperial pre-frosh, for that matter - have received app forms for application yet.[b] If you go to the website, it specifically states that they'll email info in May 2011 - so expect to receive them anytime in May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    If we had a squid for everytime someone asked this Q, that would cover at least a year's worth of accommodation fees. xD

Anyway, to answer that, [b]none of us here - or any Imperial pre-frosh, for that matter - have received app forms for application yet.[b] If you go to the website, it specifically states that they'll email info in May 2011 - so expect to receive them anytime in May.
    Personally, I'd like to go to Imperial, in fact I really want to go, but I really dislike Imperial for the way they email everything.

I remember getting a formal letter for interviews, confirmation of offers (and rejection) for all my other unis.
    Not only did I get my offer confirmation email AFTER it got updated on track, my interview email ended up in my junk folder. -.-

Oh and last but not least, they can't be bothered to format the emails so that they are easy to read!
    Just boring text in the type you get in scams. I had to double check the email sender to make sure it was genuine!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark-Myth)
    Personally, I'd like to go to Imperial, in fact I really want to go, but I really dislike Imperial for the way they email everything.

I remember getting a formal letter for interviews, confirmation of offers (and rejection) for all my other unis.
    Not only did I get my offer confirmation email AFTER it got updated after track, my interview email ended up in my junk folder. -.-

Oh and last but not least, they can't be bothered to format the emails so that they are easy to read!
    Just boring text in the type you get scams. I had to double check the email sender to make sure it was genuine!
    Interestingly, I have received more letters than emails from Imperial. I guess my department works a little differently.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.