Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSRBC -- January '11 Watch

• View Poll Results: What book do you want TSR to read?
    24.44%
    The Book Thief
    17.78%
    A Case of Exploding Mangoes
    4.44%
    The Handmaid's Tale
    2.22%
    Heart of Darkness
    33.33%
    To The Lighthouse
    4.44%
    Villette
    2.22%
    A Thousand Splendid Suns
    8.89%
    The Killing Jar
    0%
    The Pillowman
    2.22%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draconia_93)
    Another survivor, have a cookie! :cookie: Seems like barely anyone has finished it/is still on this thread. Perhaps it's a good idea to start motivating people. :dance:

Not sure if we should maybe just go ahead and start a new thread; it might encourage people to join in. But where is our leader? :eek:
    Hmm yes indeed we seem to have lost our leader....! :K:

Do you think he would object to our taking an initiative in making that new thread? I'm pretty sure we could manage don't you think?

Oh but didn't he appoint Potiron as his deputy??

And thanks for the cookie! You would also, it seems make a good leader in times of crisis :five:

ReputationRep:
    Not wanting to butt in but if we don't start discussing now people are going to lose interest... I think that's kind of why other TSR book groups have trailed off, because if we postpone then you can just postpone forever, yknow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Not wanting to butt in but if we don't start discussing now people are going to lose interest... I think that's kind of why other TSR book groups have trailed off, because if we postpone then you can just postpone forever, yknow?
    I agree, it's February now. Shall we just go for it and make a discussion thread for people to join in with as they like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyCH)
    Hmm yes indeed we seem to have lost our leader....! :K:

Do you think he would object to our taking an initiative in making that new thread? I'm pretty sure we could manage don't you think?

Oh but didn't he appoint Potiron as his deputy??

And thanks for the cookie! You would also, it seems make a good leader in times of crisis :five:
    I think since it's now February we should maybe just go for it.

Aw thanks! I'd be good in a crisis due to my infinite supply of cookies. :cookie: We wouldn't starve at least.

(Original post by Potiron)
    I agree, it's February now. Shall we just go for it and make a discussion thread for people to join in with as they like?
    Aha, there you are! I think most of us just want to go ahead and make a new thread. But you seem to be the deputy - what should we do?

ReputationRep:
    I think since it's now February we should maybe just go for it.

Aw thanks! I'd be good in a crisis due to my infinite supply of cookies. :cookie: We wouldn't starve at least.

Aha, there you are! I think most of us just want to go ahead and make a new thread. But you seem to be the deputy - what should we do?
    I just tried to make a new thread but it wouldn't let me for some reason, so I think you should give it a go

ReputationRep:
    I just tried to make a new thread but it wouldn't let me for some reason, so I think you should give it a go
    How do you link a thread to a society? Or do you just create one normally? :confused:

Bet I'll give it the worst thread title in the world, but ok, I'll try!

ReputationRep:
    How do you link a thread to a society? Or do you just create one normally? :confused:

Bet I'll give it the worst thread title in the world, but ok, I'll try!
    I went to the TSRBC page and clicked "create a thread" on there...and it said I couldn't, so we'll see if it lets you

Something along the lines of TSRBC January Discussion - Heart of Darkness?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I forgot about this, lol.

Having fun?

ReputationRep:
    I went to the TSRBC page and clicked "create a thread" on there...and it said I couldn't, so we'll see if it lets you

Something along the lines of TSRBC January Discussion - Heart of Darkness?
    Um...I don't see it on the society page. :confused: it shows associated threads but there's no button to make one.

ReputationRep:
    Um...I don't see it on the society page. :confused: it shows associated threads but there's no button to make one.
    Strange...I can see a big orange one underneath the list of associated threads.

We're so inept

ReputationRep:
    Strange...I can see a big orange one underneath the list of associated threads.

We're so inept
    I can't see it in any of the societies I've joined. :confused: Maybe they just don't trust me. We could just make a thread normally? Or I could go ask a mod?

ReputationRep:
    I can't see it in any of the societies I've joined. :confused: Maybe they just don't trust me. We could just make a thread normally? Or I could go ask a mod?
    I shall pm the supreme leader and ask him to do it I think. He smart.

ReputationRep:
    Wait! I've just asked a mod and I think I know how to do it now! Give me a mo!

ReputationRep:
    Done it! I now declare the new thread open: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1537211

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently reading this for my English coursework, currently on page 32 of 101, so I'll be back in the next couple days.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.