Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the Israeli Defence Forces. Superb air- ground coordination and C3I abilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mole_Cricket_19

Strength
    ~90 fighter aircraft
    1 Remotely Piloted Vehicles squadron[1] ~100 fighter aircraft
    30 SAM batteries[2]
    Casualties and losses
    None[3] 80 fighter aircraft,
    30 SAM batteries destroyed
    Finally someone mentioned the Israelis!

Do we not think the Six day war was a better feat?

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The aerial operation in the bekaa valley was superbly executed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omer94)
    i like how were all so quick to dismiss the muslim army,
    general khalid bin waleed never once lost a battle

the muslims beat the quraish 300 muslims vs 1000 quraish at battle of badr
    in uhud they beat them 700 to 3200

and dont even mention tabuk where the byzantines (basically romans) where scared to fight a muslim army of 30000 when they numbered 100,000!!

the thing about the muslim army was, there was no weakness, the men were strong and they awaited death eagerly, not one other arm in the world can claim that, not even the japanese kamikaze
    actually there didnt win or lose in the battle of Uhud, because if the muslims did won that means that Khalid bin Walid lost a battle, thats not the case. And your right Khalid bin Walid and the muslim army were amazing, Battle of Yarmouk was increadible
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yarmouk
    just look at the differences in numbers.

ReputationRep:
    the a team did a lot of heroic stuff

ReputationRep:
    chuck norris.

ReputationRep:
    I personally have to say that the Roman Legions was perhaps the greatest army the world has ever seen. The discipline and logistics behind them were extraordinary as was their efficiency in warfare. However, the army under Alexander the Great would have been a close second.

ReputationRep:
    NVA deserve a mention

ReputationRep:
    Russia's and france in world war 1, hahaha!!!
    The french wore bright coloured uniforms, that has to say it all.

ReputationRep:
    The Israelis beat the Syrians in the Golan heights at an 8:1 numerical disadvantage. Some Israeli tank gunners got one tank kill for every 1.5 shots. With a full ammo load in their shot cals, that's 48 kills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amerzeb)
    actually there didnt win or lose in the battle of Uhud, because if the muslims did won that means that Khalid bin Walid lost a battle, thats not the case. And your right Khalid bin Walid and the muslim army were amazing, Battle of Yarmouk was increadible
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yarmouk
    just look at the differences in numbers.
    I couldn't be bothered re-negging you for my Israel post, but I would like to point out your frightful grammar. Did you go to school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerBill)
    I couldn't be bothered re-negging you for my Israel post, but I would like to point out your frightful grammar. Did you go to school?
    OMG its a forum not an english lesson, and i did go to school, actually got a B in both english language and literature

ReputationRep:
    OMG its a forum not an english lesson, and i did go to school, actually got a B in both english language and literature
    But not typing? Sorry

I was of course miffed at being negged for simply quoting a historical fact, how can that be worth a neg? It happened, the odds were against the Israeli's and I didn't start the 6 day war :confused:

Seemed like a good example of a "best army".

ReputationRep:
    But not typing? Sorry

I was of course miffed at being negged for simply quoting a historical fact, how can that be worth a neg? It happened, the odds were against the Israeli's and I didn't start the 6 day war :confused:

Seemed like a good example of a "best army".
    Maybe it's because what Israel is doing is very bad and when someone mentions them then they get angry.

PS: I will try my best not to make many mistakes when typing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEDM22)
    The current one. We have the best weapons.
    op clearly said regardless of technology.

People shouldn't post unless they've read the OP....

ReputationRep:
    I think the 6 day war is an extremely good example of just the kind of army the OP is looking for. Against the Arab forces the technology was similar, Soviet equipment vs US/Western Equipment. The thing that gave the Israelis the win was the training, the discipline and the determination. They had no choice but to win.

ReputationRep:
    Mongolians IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's because what Israel is doing is very bad and when someone mentions them then they get angry.

PS: I will try my best not to make many mistakes when typing
    The whole region struggles on in difficult circumstances, there are many points of view. :cool:

I've always found it's always best to type as best you can so pedantic ***** like me can't **** you off for a "fail".

ReputationRep:
    The whole region struggles on in difficult circumstances, there are many points of view. :cool:

I've always found it's always best to type as best you can so pedantic ***** like me can't **** you off for a "fail".
    I will try my best in the future
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.