Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    OP is ignorant for stating the fact that foreigners consider Brits to be ugly....:rolleyes: Did you even think that through for a second?

Unfortunate looking in the looks department. Couldn't get more ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    No, I'm not ugly, and no I'm not going to post a photo of myself so that socially inept and disgusting people, like yourself, know who I am.
    Again with the *****ing..."Betz u lik totalz uggers!!". Grow up dear, you're just digressing to a point you ultimately can't prove.
    Again, you started with the *****ing. Hypocrisy, thy name is Mazty.

You are fat & ugly. You are British. Ergo it makes sense why the British are seen as being unattractive if many girls are like you. This is simple logic. It's sad that you seem to be struggling to follow it
    I follow, but also don't particularly care what some internet trolls opinion is of me so not sure why you have to keep telling me. I'm not going to go and cry over it, sorry.

What debate are we even having??? You haven't even mentioned my post that's relavent to this thread! You're just going "Omgosh yus like sayin stuff 2 do with image!!" And? Care to say why what I said is irrelevant?
    Where did I say we were having a debate? I said IN GENERAL whenever you have a debate with someone you pretty much always say "yeah well u iz fat and ugly so obviously that makes my opinion correct" Again, boring.

Do you go into the other forums and tell the football fans, fitness guys and techies they are boring? Or does image just hit a nerve with you?
    Not really, I just like winding you up

You are one sad girl & essentially you know this, hence the redirected anger at me as that's easier to do then deal with why such a thread gets to you :indiff:
    The only anger here is coming from you because you got upset because you know you are repetitive and boring

I do find it quite funny that you obviously have a really high opinion of yourself. It's kinda cute really, that you have to constantly try and convince people on an internet forum how awesome you are. D'awwww.

ReputationRep:
    Most stereotypes have a degree of truth to them. I think there are two reasons which might explain the certain level of truth there is regarding this.

1 the vikings and the romans for instance took our best looking women as sex slaves, and also took our strongest men as labourers and soliders to serve in their armies.

2 I do believe there is a bit of an attitude concerning British women,which means there care less about looking a certain way to men than women of other countries and have also adopted the worst aspects of male behaviour. This is evident in the recent rise of illness's that used to be confined to males. Alchohol related illness which has messed up kidneys and liver. All of that coupled with smoking causes premature aging. You will find on the continent for instance they do not have the attitude we do to drinking. That is why New Liabours licensing law reform was never going to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    Unfortunate looking in the looks department. Couldn't get more ignorant.
    ...Wtf you on about? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    Again, you started with the *****ing. Hypocrisy, thy name is Mazty.

I follow, but also don't particularly care what some internet trolls opinion is of me so not sure why you have to keep telling me. I'm not going to go and cry over it, sorry.

Where did I say we were having a debate? I said IN GENERAL whenever you have a debate with someone you pretty much always say "yeah well u iz fat and ugly so obviously that makes my opinion correct" Again, boring.

Not really, I just like winding you up

The only anger here is coming from you because you got upset because you know you are repetitive and boring

I do find it quite funny that you obviously have a really high opinion of yourself. It's kinda cute really, that you have to constantly try and convince people on an internet forum how awesome you are. D'awwww.
    I'm a hypocrite because I don't have a photo up...I think you need to look up the definition of hypocrisy because it makes no sense in the way you've applied it :rolleyes:
    You have the audacity to call me the troll when you've completely ignored my post that was to do with the topic of the thread. Irony.... Again it's not a personal attack, but relevant to the thread. You are a Brit who doesn't take care of yourself and therefore is unattractive, so there is the reason why foreigners think Brits are ugly. Really is just 1+1=2.
    Please find me somewhere where I have used a personal insult as the foundation of my argument. Oh wait you can't but once again you revert to petty *****ing instead of coming up with a mature reply.
    Do you go into football threads or tech threads and tell those people they are boring? No, you don't. So why is it that you have to mention this topic? Insecure much? :awesome:
    Like winding me up? So you're trolling :top: Plus it doesn't wind me up, but usually just helps prove whatever point I'm trying to make.
    If you don't like what you're reading, deal with it Because at the moment you are coming across as thick, immature and insecure. Good show love, good show :top:
    You keep going on about me yet I never, ever mention myself unless directly asked...So I've no idea how you think I "constantly try and convince people on an internet forum how awesome you are" when I never actually talk about myself Why the weird obsession with me?? That lonely you have to harass guys on the internet for some male attention :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RahRah09)
    Yaaay someone who agrees with me.

I have lots of international friends and they agree too. Other countries tend to have each end of the beautiful-ugly spectrum unlike England.

And of course, mixed race is the way forward
    hi, do a simple test, type "ugly" juxtaposed to "british"in google, see the results, do the same for any other nation. it's not a self inflicted observations, it's seen pretty much as standard fact, but what's the reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimalme)
    hi, do a simple test, type "ugly" juxtaposed to "british"in google, see the results, do the same for any other nation. it's not a self inflicted observations, it's seen pretty much as standard fact, but what's the reason?
    It's still taking me a while to understand exactly what you mean due to the terrible punctuation. And that's not really how you use the word "juxtaposed".

Anyway.. what?

ReputationRep:
    It's still taking me a while to understand exactly what you mean due to the terrible punctuation. And that's not really how you use the word "juxtaposed".

Anyway.. what?
    type ugly next to british in google

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    I'm a hypocrite because I don't have a photo up...I think you need to look up the definition of hypocrisy because it makes no sense in the way you've applied it :rolleyes:
    You have the audacity to call me the troll when you've completely ignored my post that was to do with the topic of the thread. Irony.... Again it's not a personal attack, but relevant to the thread. You are a Brit who doesn't take care of yourself and therefore is unattractive, so there is the reason why foreigners think Brits are ugly. Really is just 1+1=2.
    Please find me somewhere where I have used a personal insult as the foundation of my argument. Oh wait you can't but once again you revert to petty *****ing instead of coming up with a mature reply.
    Do you go into football threads or tech threads and tell those people they are boring? No, you don't. So why is it that you have to mention this topic? Insecure much? :awesome:
    Like winding me up? So you're trolling :top: Plus it doesn't wind me up, but usually just helps prove whatever point I'm trying to make.
    If you don't like what you're reading, deal with it Because at the moment you are coming across as thick, immature and insecure. Good show love, good show :top:
    You keep going on about me yet I never, ever mention myself unless directly asked...So I've no idea how you think I "constantly try and convince people on an internet forum how awesome you are" when I never actually talk about myself Why the weird obsession with me?? That lonely you have to harass guys on the internet for some male attention :rolleyes:

If that was the case, you certainly wouldn't be my first choice :rofl:

And that was a big ball of fail, you've missed so many of my points it's not even funny. I... don't even know where to begin :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    If that was the case, you certainly wouldn't be my first choice :rofl:

And that was a big ball of fail, you've missed so many of my points it's not even funny. I... don't even know where to begin :eek:
    Are you omniscient and I should just take your word that's fail without any proof at all? Oh right:
    :troll:
    I'm going to have to point out the irony of you telling me I missed the point when you haven't even been on topic since your first post in this thread :top:
    So basically you are trolling, you are insecure with your image and you are obsessed with me. *cough*FREAK*cough*.

ReputationRep:
    Being considered unattractive is not the end of the world. That doesn't mean people shouldn't strive to have good standards i.e. hygiene, physical fitness and healthy hair and skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimalme)
    type ugly next to british in google
    Well yes I did try that and then I tried Ugly Finnish and I still don't see how this is enlightening me?

ReputationRep:
    Well yes I did try that and then I tried Ugly Finnish and I still don't see how this is enlightening me?
    sorry I don't know what your trying to do, but this thread is about wondering why british people are ugly by outside nations. and after talking to various people at my university and looking at the internet I persuaded myself to create a thread about it. so with a little background knowledge of the topic one of the first ports of call was to look online. so what I did was play a little test that didn't require much brainwork and type the words "ugly" and "british" into a search engine. I got an outstanding number of hits (up to 6 pages would you believe) of many various peoples opinions on the general attractiveness of british people. for example, the first page of hits includes: "Do British women generally tend to be ugly?", "Why are British people almost always ugly", "The man who called British women 'ugly goes on a date-with'", "British women: fat and ugly?", "The real truth the British are ugly", "British girls are ugly and smell", "British actors are too ugly for foreign audiences, says British TV..", "The ugly truth about British teeth-Times Online", "Why are British girls so ugly- Top Canadian Universities", "British women are ugly, fat and terribly dressed", "Swedish girls making British girls look ugly Sweden-Moronail.net..", "British women top international ugly poll","Why are the British so ugly?".

Now actually this goes on for about for about 12 pages, probably even more I didn't bother to check, but to me more than 6 pages of hits is significant. Now when I type "ugly" next to "finnish", I get "The ugly Finnish tourist", "Mike Walsh's Finland blog - Fat ugly (Finnish) trade union bosses", "Finland vs Sweden - Page 10 -cultures shocked forum", "Coyote Ugly WS Finnish R2 DVD covers", "dict.cc dictionary::ugly:nglish-Finnish translation", "The Ugly truth subtitles - Finnish subtitles - Easily Find Div","How to say Ugly in Finnish translation" , "Invest in Finland: Those ugly crocs - even Finns love them!".

Now I looked at up to 20 pages of results, and as there was 1 significant hit of the 20 pages I looked at I decided it was not near enough as the ones for the british hits, in fact I am sure you would agree there is a huge difference. However, lets not just look at 1 different nation, lets look at several, or if time abiding why not all? So I started to ask questions concerning the reasons behind my claim. Is diet, attitude or genes or all three that govern this this factual information. So this is what this thread is about. I hope that clears up things for u a little more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    You don't mind chubbies. Nice to see your standards are so high. Oh wait :awesome:
    I'm making myself look an idiot how? Or that a hollow attempt to try and make what I say seem worthless as you've no actual substance to back yourself with? If you were secure, you wouldn't have mentioned anything. Clearly the chubby thread got under your skin a lot. Now why would it have if you were this super secure mature person?
    You don't see someone who is out of shape, gluttonous and lazy as a bad thing. Yeah, really high standards there :top:.
    You're immature, insecure and have low standards. Nothing more to it so let it go.

How many times do I have to say this? Different people have different views on what constitutes as standards.

You're making yourself look like an idiot by shoving your opinions (not fact) down everyone elses throats. Yes I would have mentioned it if I was secure, because the OP asked for opinions. People like you irritate me. I have no problem with opinions, but it's annoying when someone tries to force everyone to agree with them. I don't see being in or out of shape as posetive or negative, it doesn't matter to me. I value intellect, facial looks, personality, interests, and whether I can have a laugh with the person waaaaaaaaaaay more than whether they have the body of Brad Pitt.

Ha, I'm not insecure. Awww, is that too much for you to take? That someone doesn't conform to your pathetic stereotype? Too bad. Immature? I'm not the one shoving my opinions down other people's throats. Have low standards? I've already explained that standards are subjective, and that mine are not low.

Oh and by the way, emoticons don't make you look big or clever, they make you look really immature. Instead of attempting and failing to be condescending, next time maybe address my points yeah? Much love Mazty. :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    How many times do I have to say this? Different people have different views on what constitutes as standards.

You're making yourself look like an idiot by shoving your opinions (not fact) down everyone elses throats. Yes I would have mentioned it if I was secure, because the OP asked for opinions. People like you irritate me. I have no problem with opinions, but it's annoying when someone tries to force everyone to agree with them. I don't see being in or out of shape as posetive or negative, it doesn't matter to me. I value intellect, facial looks, personality, interests, and whether I can have a laugh with the person waaaaaaaaaaay more than whether they have the body of Brad Pitt.

Ha, I'm not insecure. Awww, is that too much for you to take? That someone doesn't conform to your pathetic stereotype? Too bad. Immature? I'm not the one shoving my opinions down other people's throats. Have low standards? I've already explained that standards are subjective, and that mine are not low.

Oh and by the way, emoticons don't make you look big or clever, they make you look really immature. Instead of attempting and failing to be condescending, next time maybe address my points yeah? Much love Mazty. :heart:

Originally Posted by RahRah09
    sorry I don't know what your trying to do, but this thread is about wondering why british people are ugly by outside nations. and after talking to various people at my university and looking at the internet I persuaded myself to create a thread about it. so with a little background knowledge of the topic one of the first ports of call was to look online. so what I did was play a little test that didn't require much brainwork and type the words "ugly" and "british" into a search engine. I got an outstanding number of hits (up to 6 pages would you believe) of many various peoples opinions on the general attractiveness of british people. for example, the first page of hits includes: "Do British women generally tend to be ugly?", "Why are British people almost always ugly", "The man who called British women 'ugly goes on a date-with'", "British women: fat and ugly?", "The real truth the British are ugly", "British girls are ugly and smell", "British actors are too ugly for foreign audiences, says British TV..", "The ugly truth about British teeth-Times Online", "Why are British girls so ugly- Top Canadian Universities", "British women are ugly, fat and terribly dressed", "Swedish girls making British girls look ugly Sweden-Moronail.net..", "British women top international ugly poll","Why are the British so ugly?".

Now actually this goes on for about for about 12 pages, probably even more I didn't bother to check, but to me more than 6 pages of hits is significant. Now when I type "ugly" next to "finnish", I get "The ugly Finnish tourist", "Mike Walsh's Finland blog - Fat ugly (Finnish) trade union bosses", "Finland vs Sweden - Page 10 -cultures shocked forum", "Coyote Ugly WS Finnish R2 DVD covers", "dict.cc dictionary:nglish-Finnish translation", "The Ugly truth subtitles - Finnish subtitles - Easily Find Div","How to say Ugly in Finnish translation" , "Invest in Finland: Those ugly crocs - even Finns love them!".

Now I looked at up to 20 pages of results, and as there was 1 significant hit of the 20 pages I looked at I decided it was not near enough as the ones for the british hits, in fact I am sure you would agree there is a huge difference. However, lets not just look at 1 different nation, lets look at several, or if time abiding why not all? So I started to ask questions concerning the reasons behind my claim. Is diet, attitude or genes or all three that govern this this factual information. So this is what this thread is about. I hope that clears up things for u a little more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    In before pictures of Cheryl Cole.

For me, you can attractive and not so attractive men. But Irish men are pretty nice.
    Oh yes oh yesssss :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Define 'unfortunate looking'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Snipping idiotic bull **** from a dribbling retard
    Lol you have low standards. Keep aiming for gluttonous lazy hedonistic fatties.
    Please tell me how a chubby person is not the above...OH WAIT YOU CAN'T ergo you have low standards, seriously ****ing low standards...Now why would a secure person aim for so little???? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LufcEllandRoad)
    Define 'unfortunate looking'.
    sorry, for sake of argument, lets just say why are british people considered to be highly unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Lol you have low standards. Keep aiming for gluttonous lazy hedonistic fatties.
    Please tell me how a chubby person is not the above...OH WAIT YOU CAN'T ergo you have low standards, seriously ****ing low standards...Now why would a secure person aim for so little???? :awesome:
    I've already explained standards to you, and mine are not low...if you lack the basic intelligence to understand what I have said, that's your problem. Again, no points have been addressed, you've just tried and failed to be condescending. Better luck next time, eh Mazty? I don't 'aim' for chubby people lmao, I just said there isn't an issue with them. I actually don't have a problem with hedonism, unlike you. A secure person would aim for whatever they find attractive, and not care what anyone thinks...hence why I'll date who the hell I want. I just don't find muscle attractive, because it feels gross when you hug someone with huge muscles. That's it, simple.

Also Mazty, you keep banging on about this issue of security, yes? Is it not you who is the insecure one here? You're the one whos posts can be summed up as 'EW FAT PEOPLE LOL HEDONISM YOU'RE ALL INSECURE I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU', which seems to suggest that you're trying a little too hard to boost that ego of yours. Why not just leave these so called 'hedonistic fat people' to live their lives, and live yours? No one is saying that you have to have anything to do with them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.