University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
J o o
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone know if CD has stairs and/or lifts?
Or if you're going to CD tomorrow do check for me : DDD

Looking at the building itself it looks huge o-o
If I got placed at one of the top floors and CD only has stairs then I'm going to have a fun time hauling my stuff up to my room.
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone no what it means when on the Leeds accommodation prices for example. James Baillie when it says their ensuites range from •£107 - £116.. does anyone know why it ranges from them different prices? because i really want to go there but i KNOW that i wont be able to afford anything over £110 :|?
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nicknak256)
I'm doing Criminology - ABB
oops my bad which country are you in?

(Original post by Prose Before Hoes)
I wonder if the plan is working...I'm telling people that it's heavily oversubscribed and that they probably won't get in
:five: still working on my con list. There's a few murderers on the loose round the area
Nicknak256
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
:five: still working on my con list. There's a few murderers on the loose round the area
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOL'D! I'm pretty sure that con will work

(Original post by dmz)
oops my bad which country are you in?
Cyprus lol
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOL'D! I'm pretty sure that con will work
I hope so i wonder how they decide who gets it and who doesn't when it's oversubscribed.
Cyprus lol
Ooh nice i have a cypriot friend and she's pretty hot
Nicknak256
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Ooh nice i have a cypriot friend and she's pretty hot
Hahahahahaha, we all are
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hahahahahaha, we all are
pics or GTFO - just kidding. I'll be the judge of that :sexface: :lol:
Nicknak256
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
pics or GTFO - just kidding. I'll be the judge of that :sexface: :lol:
Hahahahahaha you're welcome to come here whenever you want
Prose Before Hoes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)

There were also several drownings in the dock....it is now said to be haunted
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hahahahahaha you're welcome to come here whenever you want
Haha I'll wait for when we're in Leeds
and still neither of those two things explains Why 20 students have gone missing in the past month alone :dontknow:

:laugh:
Nicknak256
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
and still neither of those two things explains Why 20 students have gone missing in the past month alone :dontknow:

:laugh:
LOVE THEM!

but i'm happy that i'm not applying to CD
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOVE THEM!

we're just letting people know the risk

I'm only applying as a sacrifice so one less person (that would have been in my place) goes missing
Nicknak256
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
we're just letting people know the risk

I'm only applying as a sacrifice so one less person (that would have been in my place) goes missing
How awfully nice of you!
TomInce6666
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thanks once again! I don't actually live in the UK so i won't really be able to come back to leeds! But if you wouldn't mind i would really appreciate a photo of the room! (I came in the summer so i know how perfect the rest of the campus is :P)
My rooms a dump, have you seen the photos online? Better than seeing a load of clothes strewn around, doesnt give a real impression of the space...
tknight6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Trying to decide between Bodington, Lupton or North Hill. Any ideas please?
Whistle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TomInce6666)
The food is very hit and miss. The pizza they do is okay, but some of the rice dishes they come up with are inedible to the point where (im really not a fussy eater at all) i couldnt finish it. Avoid the spinach risotto.

There are loads of other options though, plenty are nice, they have a noodle bar which is really good and a deli counter. If you come up for open day try it for lunch if you fancy, its a bit overpriced, but you get used to it eventually. The timing is silly i think its 8:00-11:00 then 14:00-18:30. As i said, no lunch, and dinner is too early for my liking.

If you really want self catered, i think Henry Price is self catered and its really close too. I dont know much about the other halls but you've got lyddon and dobree and whetton on campus too. If you dont mind private halls, i think Concept Place do a good deal and ive heard some good things about them.

Dont get me wrong, Storm Jameson is bloody fantastic and we're the envy of everyone in terms of facilities, but there are a few annoying nags, and once you tell people how much you're paying a year they're pretty relieved their accom is 2-2.5k less p.a.

If price isnt an issue, id say go for it, as you dont have to go for refectory meals every day, and you dont even get fed 3 meals on a weekend which gives you room to cook as a flat. We've got a really good community atmosphere going on here, which i absolutely love, i dont think id have ever made such good friends if i was in a different place. If you're down anytime and want a quick tour around a room if they dont let you in one, just PM me and id be glad to give you a quick tour of the place, but im quite busy so make sure you get me in advance :P
Very helpful, thanks!
Nicknak256
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TomInce6666)
My rooms a dump, have you seen the photos online? Better than seeing a load of clothes strewn around, doesnt give a real impression of the space...
Yeah i saw them, but then you said that the rooms are pretty small and the rooms online don't look particularly small so i wasn't sure if they were representative You are so lucky to have that room, i will probably cry if i don't get it hahahahah
(:Becca(:
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I applied for Henry Price, what are my chances of getting it?
Prose Before Hoes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOVE THEM!

As dmz said, I'm willing to take the place of one unfortunate soul who would inevitably die a painful death. CD is for the hardcore who can fight evil :dumbells:
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
As dmz said, I'm willing to take the place of one unfortunate soul who would inevitably die a painful death. CD is for the hardcore who can fight evil :dumbells:
too true :teehee: pictures of the kitchen and the bathroom. Someone wanted to know if there was a lift, and Maybe a picture of the bar? I wonder what the opening times are
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads