Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)

Obviously, not every guy thinks the same.
    i would like to think most guys agree with narb that its not dirty when it comes to sex, if you think your penis is dirty why put it anywhere near any part of a girl if you think it is degrading to her? i wouldnt want a dirty anything near my mouth, my vagina or any part of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Ah, I see you've yet to be introduced: Pretty Boy, meet 'Princessa'; Princessa, meet the personification of male-chauvinist atavism.

pretty boy why the hell are you so convinced that girls dont like oral sex?! i dont understand! some people dont but some people get over the taboos and realise there is a lot of fun to be had! of course part of it is pleasing the partner but that is the same for everything, the fun of relationships is the give and take and making someone happy and having them make you happy in return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessa)
    i would like to think most guys agree with narb that its not dirty when it comes to sex, if you think your penis is dirty why put it anywhere near any part of a girl if you think it is degrading to her? i wouldnt want a dirty anything near my mouth, my vagina or any part of me.
    Again you haven't differentiated between oral sex and intercourse.

ReputationRep:

pretty boy why the hell are you so convinced that girls dont like oral sex?! i dont understand! some people dont but some people get over the taboos and realise there is a lot of fun to be had! of course part of it is pleasing the partner but that is the same for everything, the fun of relationships is the give and take and making someone happy and having them make you happy in return.
    Its not that they don't like it. But in a physical sense there is not much pleasure to be gained from it. Same for a guy.

ReputationRep:
    no but if you think your penis is dirty, then she wouldn't want you putting it in her mouth or anywhere at all. so why are you differentiating?

ReputationRep:
    so what? its all part of sex, its you thats differentiating. for me i feel no less degraded since i regard my mouth with the same high esteem as my genitals. good enough for my vagina, good enough for my mouth. if i had a dirty big coldsore on my mouth i wouldnt want to go near a boy regardless of whether i would kiss his lips or his genitals, cause i dont want to pass on my disgustingness. its the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    no but if you think your penis is dirty, then she wouldn't want you putting it in her mouth or anywhere at all. so why are you differentiating?
    lol, I don't think its dirty in a literal sense.

ReputationRep:
    lol, I don't think its dirty in a literal sense.
    i think we have found the root of our misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    so what? its all part of sex, its you thats differentiating. for me i feel no less degraded since i regard my mouth with the same high esteem as my genitals. good enough for my vagina, good enough for my mouth. if i had a dirty big coldsore on my mouth i wouldnt want to go near a boy regardless of whether i would kiss his lips or his genitals, cause i dont want to pass on my disgustingness. its the same.
    Thats your view and your entitled to it. But if you look back through the thread you'll see that guys don't always see it in this way (in fact the topic was started for this very reason).

Just because you see it like that doesn't mean your sexual partner will.

ReputationRep:
    Its not that they don't like it. But in a physical sense there is not much pleasure to be gained from it. Same for a guy.
    but sex, for me at least, is not a mainly physical thing. if it were my sex life would involve just getting laid willy nilly, not going through the long process of finding someone who likes me and who i like back, and who i build up an intimacy with and blah blah blah. but because its emotional as well as physical, and some people like the whole act of giving oral sex, they gain twice the pleasure, whats wrong with that? if you are now saying guys dont get anythhing from it either, are you saying is the whole oral sex thing a big degrading dirty act and we should all keep our mouths away from other people's sexual organs cause inside they are really laughing at us and the way they are making us do something nasty?

ReputationRep:
    But if you look back through the thread you'll see that guys don't always see it in this way (in fact the topic was started for this very reason).

Just because you see it like that doesn't mean your sexual partner will.
    and if you look back through this thread, you will see that i said

by the time i have got to a stage of intimacy where i feel like i want to put a man's penis in my mouth, i would hope i know him well enough so that he wont disrespect me for it. he may well be thinking yeah go for it little ho, not cause he necessarily believes it, but cause it excites him. but i may be thinking about someone else in a crazy fantasy about a celebrity or something. i understand that sometimes, in sexual activities, people think things that other people, even the person they are having sex with, find perverse or disrespectful or whatever. it depends on each person and each relationship how much they explore and share eachothers thoughts. some couples may share opinions and have a great sex life, others may differ but think "whatever floats your boat" and still have a great sex life, and others may think that their differences are just too great to have a sexual relationship and then go their seperate ways. some people may get hurt if they have expectations that are not met but that's life. love hurts and we learn by doing...

i think you (anon 11) made a very good point when you said "If a girl understands what a guy is thinking, she has all the power in the world... If she doesn't care and doesn't understand then she's going to be a victim of disappointment." which is kind of what i think, but only it doesnt just apply to oral sex. if you always look at whoever you are having a relationship with through rose-tinted glasses, you are setting yourself up for a fall... i dont know if all girls are the same but i like to think on the whole we are less naive than the "We already know that most girls don't realise what the guy is thinking. THat's the whole point" statement seemed to make out. im not saying think they know everything and never make mistakes, but on the whole they aren't fools either.
    i cant believe i am having such an interesting time on an internet discussion about blow jobs.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No. Because the guy is getting sex, this is what guys want bigtime.

He still wins cos he gets what he wants i.e. pussy.

You could say the girl just wants **** but its not quite the same.

Your logic is atrocious.

How is it "not quite the same"?

Meet Profesh - the effeminate male. the personification of a pussy.
    Funny how you're trying to degrade someone by calling them a pussy...

lol, it is degrading because she's put her mouth on something he views as dirty.
    Funnily enough, women are also taught to view their genitals as dirty. Hence, by your logic, cunnlingus is degrading because he's putting his mouth on something that she views as dirty. Oh, but it's different, you'll say, because he's a man and men want sex... *rolls eyes*

ReputationRep:
    Meet Profesh - the effeminate male. the personification of a pussy.
    Have you actually got "problems" or are ya just stupid? How does not holding screwed up, sexist, prudish and repressed views on all issues of sexuality make someone effeminate? The fact that you have person after person telling you that you're wrong in your perception of the sociological dangers of giving oral sex tells me that if you had two brain cells to rub together you'd be keeping schtum by now. Honestly, you have the most warped attitude towards these issues... if it weren't so sad, it'd almost be funny! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningtheft)
    Your logic is atrocious.

How is it "not quite the same"?

Funny how you're trying to degrade someone by calling them a pussy...

Funnily enough, women are also taught to view their genitals as dirty. Hence, by your logic, cunnlingus is degrading because he's putting his mouth on something that she views as dirty. Oh, but it's different, you'll say, because he's a man and men want sex... *rolls eyes*
    You can stop with the quotes because, as I've told you before, I am really not interested in anything you have to say.

And I was just responding to Profesh who addressed me first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Have you actually got "problems" or are ya just stupid? How does not holding screwed up, sexist, prudish, repressed views on all issues of sexuality make someone effeminate? The fact that you have person after person telling you that you're wrong in your perception of the sociological dangers of giving oral sex tells me that if you had two brain cells to rub together you'd be keeping schtum by now. Honestly, you have the most warped attitude towards these issues... if it weren't so sad, it'd almost be funny! :rolleyes:
    good to know everyone is entitled to their opinion
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Honestly, you have the most warped attitude towards these issues... if it weren't so sad, it'd almost be funny! :rolleyes:
    Oh, it is funny. Every discussion he takes part in can by summed up as follows:

Pretty Boy: "[something about men and women]"
    Someone else: "Okay, well, what if their roles are reversed?"
    Pretty Boy: "It's totally different then!"
    Someone else: "Why?"
    Pretty Boy: "Because men want sex!" or "Because that's just the way men are!" or "That's just my opinion! And the opinion of almost every guy I've met... like, um, hold on, this anonymous user that I'm going to create."

ReputationRep:
    Albeit accurately, I might add; which your would-be reprisal has made only that much more abundantly self-evident. Ta for the 'props', 'homie'.

Although, given your views on the matter, I'd always assumed that you tended to perceive women as being merely 'pussy, personified'. Not to judge a book by its cover, mind, but could it be that 'Pretty Boy' has finally and irrevocably 'crossed' the proverbial 'street' (as it were)?

ReputationRep:
    Have you actually got "problems" or are ya just stupid? How does not holding screwed up, sexist, prudish and repressed views on all issues of sexuality make someone effeminate? The fact that you have person after person telling you that you're wrong in your perception of the sociological dangers of giving oral sex tells me that if you had two brain cells to rub together you'd be keeping schtum by now. Honestly, you have the most warped attitude towards these issues... if it weren't so sad, it'd almost be funny! :rolleyes:
    I don't have repressed views or anything like that. I know you're gay and I dont have any problem with that. I'm merely addressing how many guys view it.

If you read back through the thread you'd see I'm not the only one that holds this belief.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You can stop with the quotes because, as I've told you before, I am really not interested in anything you have to say.

I assumed you were responding to me... mainly because of the fact that you quoted me, and directly responded to the question that I put forward in the lines of mine that you quoted. But I suppose you'll probably respond that logic is much too effeminate for you to be taking part in, or something along those lines...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    good to know everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Yeah definitely. My opinion is that some of the views put forth by Pretty Boy are so utterly ridiculous that they would be better left un-said. Also, in my opinion, calling someone a "pussy" because they disagree with you is not a good idea unless you want insulting yourself. Furthermore, in my opinion, Pretty Boy's comments and general attitudes make him more worthy of insults than other people posting on the thread. This is why, when I gave my opinion I said he was stupid (which in my opinion he is). Thank you for defending my right to an opinion.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2006
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.