Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcddvd)
    The supporters of Assad (civiliians and soldiers) are largely Shi'a, most of whom belong to a sect called the Alawites. These people have adopted Bashar Al-Assad as their god. 'Allah' is not very 'Akbar' to these people, hence the lack of chanting from one side.

Well I think thats the reason anyway :/
    ****ing idiot.
    :rolleyes:

Oh so you have to shout out ALLAHU AKBAR at everything you do? THe abundance of chanting shows extremism to me -_-

Alawites have existed for around 1000 years. You really are a fool!

ReputationRep:
    I know this hasn't got to do with the issue at hand but I would just like to say the word 'Jihad' gets used a lot, and many people don't know the definition of it. Many think it means 'holy war'; incorrect.

Jihad simply means 'to struggle and strive in the path of Allah'. Many Muslims do Jihad every day, for example, waking up early in the morning to pray Fajr - that is Jihad as you are struggling to wake up early just for Allah so you can worship him.

Similarly, the ideology of chanting and shouting 'Allahu Akbar' (meaning Allah is the greatest), means they believe Allah will support them for whatever action they are doing as they believe they are struggling and striving in the path of Allah. Simple. Very simple.

Now, open your eyes and get out of that stuffy box and please think into why people shout Allahu Akbar without thinking theyre terrorists immediately.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23012637

Interesting article from the Bolshevik Broadcasting Channel on a meeting currently held in Qatar (coincidence?) on the possible arming (though that's already happened for 2 years now) of what they call the rebels.

John kerry:
    Hezbollah is a proxy for Iran... Hezbollah in addition to that is a terrorist organisation. That is a very, very dangerous development

As far as I can tell, with the facts on the ground and horrors committed, I think it's a bit rich for kerry to accuse anyone of using proxies! and Hezbollah? Well, it could be considered a terrorist organisation although its intervention in syria is a response to actual terrorists killing people because of their (lack of) faith.

Saudi Arabia, most ruthless dictatorship out there, and kerry has the guts to call them "friends"! i think i've heard it all, if only the majority of brits did too!

All in all, worrying development for the syrian people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan Warrior)
    I know this hasn't got to do with the issue at hand but I would just like to say the word 'Jihad' gets used a lot, and many people don't know the definition of it. Many think it means 'holy war'; incorrect.

Jihad simply means 'to struggle and strive in the path of Allah'. Many Muslims do Jihad every day, for example, waking up early in the morning to pray Fajr - that is Jihad as you are struggling to wake up early just for Allah so you can worship him.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offensive_jihad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iSoftie)
    ****ing idiot.
    :rolleyes:

Oh so you have to shout out ALLAHU AKBAR at everything you do? THe abundance of chanting shows extremism to me -_-

Alawites have existed for around 1000 years. You really are a fool!
    Thank you for your compliment. I was just trying to answer a question. Nothing in my answer alluded to that part in bold. So what if Alawites have existed for 1000 years? I have nothing against them.

I don't know how I did it, but I apologize for offending you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcddvd)
    Thank you for your compliment. I was just trying to answer a question. Nothing in my answer alluded to that part in bold. So what if Alawites have existed for 1000 years? I have nothing against them.

I don't know how I did it, but I apologize for offending you.
    No you don't offend me. I'm not even muslim! It's just I believe in Justice and to think every person who stands for Assad is an actual worshiper of him is a very stupid idea.
    I don't see how men who are fighting for the sovereignty of their homeland country are terrorists whilst foreign jihadist are not so for this certain war as the BBC says so

ReputationRep:
    Are you stupid or what, wikipedia, really? Everyone knows not to believe wikipedia, anyone can write stuff on that. If I created a page about you and said you were an extremist and a rapist would it make it true?

And i said 'Jihad', not 'Offensive Jihad', there is no such thing as Offensive Jihad. Offensive is an English word, Jihad is an Arabic word...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan Warrior)
    Are you stupid or what, wikipedia, really? Everyone knows not to believe wikipedia, anyone can write stuff on that. If I created a page about you and said you were an extremist and a rapist would it make it true?

And i said 'Jihad', not 'Offensive Jihad', there is no such thing as Offensive Jihad. Offensive is an English word, Jihad is an Arabic word...
    I'm the stupid one but you're the one who doesn't know that there's this little thing called translation and if you had read the wikipedia link you would have known the Arabic translation for the phrase.

Offensive jihad is something that's accepted in Sunni Islam, I'm not one of those people who get their information from random websites, I used to be a Muslim and have attended many lectures at the mosque. If you knew your Islamic history, you would have realized that it's been practiced many times.

How do you think that happened? And you can't just say that the men who were responsible for the expansion of Islam were just twisting the words of Allah (unless you're a shia or something) because those men were the sahaba i.e. the best of Muslims according to Sunni hadiths*.

* Narrated Abdullah: The Prophet (may peace be upon him) said, "The best people are those living in my generation, and then those who will follow them, and then those who will follow the latter. Then there will come some people who will bear witness before taking oaths, and take oaths before bearing witness." (Ibrahim, a sub-narrator said, "They used to beat us for witnesses and covenants when we were still children.") - Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 3 - http://www.sahih-bukhari.com/Pages/Bukhari_5_57.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yg95)
    Hello everyone I want to know what what's your opinion on the the Syrian president. I personally think he's the best person for Syria currently

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm glad to see you have a balanced, neutral and intelligent understanding of this conflict. Bashar al-assad is as you point out a truly wonderful person, a role model no doubt. I'm sure even Hitler would be envious of his brillance, understanding, compassion and humanity. I suspect you must be s scholar of political science? It is only here, in this great facility, I see the leaders of tomorrow. There thoughtful insights into our world's conflicts excite me and I'm sure all normal, balanced, Christian (or Muslim) people.

You are with certainty a highly evolved, as they say in Arabic "elohssa" , but one needs to use the word backwards to fully understand its significance and true meaning.

With kind regards

ReputationRep:
    Long live bashar al assad, im sunni and i support the legitimate alawite government of syria, people these rebels are planning to slaughter the christian, alawite minorities in syria, do not support the fsa! They are alkida thugs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g4adaffi)
    Long live bashar al assad, im sunni and i support the legitimate alawite government of syria, people these rebels are planning to slaughter the christian, alawite minorities in syria, do not support the fsa! They are alkida thugs!
    See I admire your opinion because this is pretty much it. I have a video of an interview Assad did with a German newspaper last week and he sounded so educated and he stood up for the sovereignty of his people. I compared it with a video released a fortnight ago of a "FSA commander" threatening the West if they don't give him guns.

Think: and stop watching BBC ffs! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iSoftie)
    See I admire your opinion because this is pretty much it. I have a video of an interview Assad did with a German newspaper last week and he sounded so educated and he stood up for the sovereignty of his people. I compared it with a video released a fortnight ago of a "FSA commander" threatening the West if they don't give him guns.

Think: and stop watching BBC ffs! :mad:
    finally someone on tsr who isn't completely brainwashed by the worlds propaganda machine the BBC (BIASED BROADCASTING CORPORATION LOL)

ReputationRep:
    I think theirs someone editing my posts, I smell mossad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubis)
    Israel? hahahaha
    Yeah, because in Israel people actually vote for all the security measures and exclusion of those of arabic descent. The population there is very right wing, that determines the outcome of the democratic elections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    Yeah, because in Israel people actually vote for all the security measures and exclusion of those of arabic descent. The population there is very right wing, that determines the outcome of the democratic elections.
    If you are talking about a democratic state in the middle east i think you need to think again.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely fabulous analysis of the truth in syria, libya and more broadly the war on terror and arab spring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNDw4rDG5vg

First time i've seen this.

Fact is, and i've said it before once they've destroyed syria and assad the war criminals in washington and westminster will go after Hezbollah and lebanon. After that, Iran will be targeted with preferably a war by America and the UK and france either by using its proxies like in syria or a full on boots on the ground intervention.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for Ramadan, many of Muslims greatest battles in history have been won during this period.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...sb-iik4#at=104

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2ac_1372242924

Don't shoot the messenger, can't stand the party, but I think it's time to come to terms with the notion that there is in fact no revolution, no sectarian war, but jihadists filing in from all over the world be it the Caucasus, jordan, saudi arabia and north Africa being trained and armed in both Jordan and turkey in what can only be described as a war of aggression against the Syrian people.

(Original post by Al-Mudaari)
    Can't wait for Ramadan, many of Muslims greatest battles in history have been won during this period.
    Absolute disgrace fella!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QFme8Mk8YM

Watch this if your still a Confused person who thinks the world is out to get Bashar.

P.S can you spot the dirty terrorist? Can you see those child terrorist...hmmm, Can you? Can you see those men and women aiming the MIGs at the innocent? Please let me know. I am very interested to find out....:rolleyes:

Some may say you are jealous...at their organisation? maybe? I dont know. At their ability to stand together where they were always divided under bashar, never ever stood in a line, nerve knew how to queue up (for whatever purpose) never knew how to sing together...Because Hafez Al assad didn't just kill their fathers and mothers, he Killed their future, he crushed their dreams, he crushed their voices and he crashed their hopes.

This revolution as they the syrians themselves said..."its not for the bread, its not for the prices of fuel...its not for the corruption....its for our dignity and pride..." Unlike egypt, Libya...etc.

So if you think you know better why the revolution started then...well...God help you!

This video is in arabic so you may or may not know what they are saying. But that's not the point. This is just any typical protest you see day in day out in syria. That's all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

EDIT: LOL do you neg anyone who disagrees with you? :rolleyes:

Watch the vids and then we can have a grown up discussion about your beloved mass killer.

ReputationRep:
    So you think revolutions go from pacifist movements to fully armed civil wars in a matter of weeks? :rolleyes:

Oh Assad, the poor dictator killing everyone without possibly there being armed militias from abroad hijacking these mass mobilisations!

Chemical weapons? Of course, Assad used them only now without any evidence to substantiate the western narrative!

What nonsense. The syrian people never asked for this war, the west have. And it's all too clear for everyone to see.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.