Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Biology F212 Revision [3rd June 2013] (Now Closed) Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you feel the F212 exam went?
    Awesome
    9.46%
    Good
    33.78%
    Okay
    35.81%
    Bad
    10.81%
    Rubbish
    5.41%
    Not Sure
    4.73%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    Only a few days til the exam! How is everyone feeling about the exam and how is revision going? I've just a few things to go over from the health section Really hoping for a biological molecules heavy paper which it should be
    :eek: I hate that part. I find it the hardest module, especially all those bonds in carbohydrates- 1,4 & 1,6 glycosidic bonds alpha/ beta- just way too much lol

ReputationRep:
    What is advantage of maintaining biodiversity for agriculture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minz)
    Is cellulose the only carbohydrate we need to know formed by Beta glucose?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    What do people think the long quality of written communication question topics will be in the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    What is advantage of maintaining biodiversity for agriculture
    -Pest control. Some insects are natural predators of pests. The more of these insects we have the hihger the amount of pest control
    -Varieties of charactersics - The more species of crops we have, the more amounts of cross breeding that can be done to produce organisms with improved characteristics, e,g resistance to disease
    -Source of food - The more species we have, the more sources of food are available for us! This is great, when unexpected things happen, e.g an outbreak of a disease which some crops aren't resistant to. We would still have a wider variety of food sources to choose from
    -Pollination

Thats all I can think of, they are from the CGP book, what does the text book say about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerstudent999)
    What do people think the long quality of written communication question topics will be in the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just hope it's not one of those experiments about reducing sugars or whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by own)
    Yes they are covalently bonded, glycosidic is just the specific name for the bond. Like in DNA, the back bone is made up of phosphodiester bonds, however the bonding is actually just covalent between a phospate group and a sugar...just fancy names

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They have gylcosidic bonds between the Beta glucose monomers. But they also form H-bonds between the straight chains becase of the OH groups

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikebigbuttshaha)
    They have gylcosidic bonds between the Beta glucose monomers. But they also form H-bonds between the straight chains becase of the OH groups
    Yeah I do know that I was just talking about glycosidic bonds being covalent, thanks anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hate the smoking section so much- God i need a cigarette

ReputationRep:
    Biodiversity is a long topic how do you remember all the stuff in it

ReputationRep:
    What do we need to know for 'the global issues of Malaria, AIDS and TB'

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What topics are most likely to come up?

ReputationRep:
    i have prepared as much as I can for this exam, however even though I know almost everytin my while body is proper shaking,even as I type this message...my heart is beating sooo fast! help guyssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alby37135)
    I prefer Kate Please Come Over For Gay Sex
    Does King Philip Call Out For Good Soup

D. Kinky Prostitutes Can Offer Fantastically Good Sex

ReputationRep:
    Guys I can't remember little details regardless of mind maps notes , videos ! Any tips ? I'm stuck on average of c due to my inability to remember those a/b details 😱 please help .. Please and thankyou ! P.s anybody want to test each other ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilkes14)
    What do we need to know for 'the global issues of Malaria, AIDS and TB'

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369942070.462297.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  71.7 KB

Basically this ! Do practice questions in regard to vaccinations and malaria ! And how malaria develops!! And when revising the immune response remember HIV renders the immune system useless as cytokines not working ! Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for a lot of questions about smoking, atherosclerosis and CHD!

Has anyone looked at the Jan 2013 paper? What are your opinions? I thought it was pretty hard so hopefully ours may be nicer??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have jan 2013 paper please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1brown)
    I'm hoping for a lot of questions about smoking, atherosclerosis and CHD!

Has anyone looked at the Jan 2013 paper? What are your opinions? I thought it was pretty hard so hopefully ours may be nicer??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We did the Jan paper for a mock! I think that paper was regarded as one of the easier ones at the an A was 71/100, whereas in other papers it has been 64 and 66 etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.