Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatepeople37)
    Was the stationary point a maximum point?
    i put minimum but not sure, i worked out the gradient a point next to it and the gradient increased :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise_234)
    i put minimum but not sure, i worked out the gradient a point next to it and the gradient increased :s
    well there goes a few more marks haha

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get 1/4ln3 for integrating tan?

And there were 3 stationary pints for the trig equation right?

ReputationRep:
    I put turning point...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h2shin)
    yeahhhh finally i think i got one right....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h2shin)
    That looks familiar.

(Original post by Vip3rgt9)
    Just realised that I've made lots of mistakes... Why do I look on TSR after exams?
    Me too. On Every Single Question. I am absolutely furious with myself.

Why did I think the angle in the triangle would be 117????? That's not even possible!!! What was I thinking ...

ReputationRep:
    9.33 for the volume

30. something for the Differential Eq

Was the stationary point a maximum point?
    That's what I put

ReputationRep:
    I found that paper pretty difficult, here's hoping for low grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    when you had to integrate x^8 ln3x ... i put u as ln3x but what is that differentiated please???

ReputationRep:
    when you had to integrate x^8 ln3x ... i put u as ln3x but what is that differentiated please???
    1/x

ReputationRep:
    1/x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    That's what I put
    I think I put minimum. Wasn't the gradient to the right positive and the gradient to the left negative?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it was a maximum. You differentiate it again and find it's negative. (C1)

ReputationRep:
    1/x
    but if you integrate 1/x you get lnx not ln3x

ReputationRep:
    I actually spent a while wondering what ln(3x) differentiated to as well

ReputationRep:
    Stationary points for the trig: (pi/2, 1) (pi/6, 1.5) (5pi/6, 1.5)
    Any agreements?

Oh and gradient to left was negative and gradient to right was positive so I put minimum but can't be too sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    Pretty sure it was a maximum. You differentiate it again and find it's negative. (C1)
    yeah it was a maximum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomRusky)
    I dont know if this is the best thread I cant find any others about this exact exam, but here's the paper (sorry for the scribbles)

Could someone get a mark scheme up or find Mr M??? I didnt think the paper was that bad, I need a C from it and Im confident I have that...

But yeah, mark scheme anyone??

Attachment 227913Attachment 227914

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got roughly the same answers as you! So I'm feeling a little better. Not much though. But still. The exam could have been better. I really need a 76UMS on average on C3, C4 and S1 to get an A overall. I think C3 was much nicer. Guess I can wave bye-bye to Uni.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.