Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully if Farage and UKIP do attain power, the first act they carry out is to punish all those on the left who betrayed this country. Allowing our laws to be decided in Brussels and open our borders to millions.
    Bringing back hanging would also be a bonus, knowing that they faced the noose most traitors would probably flew the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Hmm well some people are suspicious of Farage- I hope he isn't really just a well disguised shill or controlled opposition to the EU!

Though it's true he'd definitely be better than Ed Milliband or Nick Clegg!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gm9q...e=results_main

Does this man sound like he would go back on his word on the EU?

He's just brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want right wing factions running the debate, vote in the TSR MHofC general election as one small step.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    If you don't want right wing factions running the debate, vote in the TSR MHofC general election as one small step.
    Can I just ask what part of the political spectrum are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbmann)
    Hopefully if Farage and UKIP do attain power, the first act they carry out is to punish all those on the left who betrayed this country. Allowing our laws to be decided in Brussels and open our borders to millions.
    Bringing back hanging would also be a bonus, knowing that they faced the noose most traitors would probably flew the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Can I just ask what part of the political spectrum are you?
    I have represented the policies of the Monster Raving Loony Party on the TSR MHofC for the last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbmann)
    And they say it's not a party that attracts fascists... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I have represented the policies of the Monster Raving Loony Party on the TSR MHofC for the last year.
    which are? (in brief, of course)

ReputationRep:
    How's it going, have you found it difficult to come up with enough nuttiness?

ReputationRep:
    Do you really hand on heart believe in their policies!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcarz)
    which are? (in brief, of course)
    www.loonyparty.com/about/policy-proposals/

ReputationRep:
    If I was to consider voting for a party then some of their policies hopefully would be:
    A one party right-wing state.
    All immigrants in the last 50-60 years have been repatriated and where we take nothing to do with the EU.
    The death penalty would be brought back in for the most serious of crimes - murder, treason etc.
    All regional parliaments would be shut down.
    All single mothers who receive benefits would have their children put up for adoption to married couples.
    No abortions, and all contraceptives banned. People caught having sex before marriage would receive jail terms.
    All wind farms torn down and more nuclear power plant built.
    The army recalled from all foreign engagements and replaced instead with an internal defense force. The air force and navy would still be kept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    I read a report that a Eurosceptic party was in the making.

The Finns are unhappy- some feel angry at going from being ruled by Moscow to being ruled from Brussels!

Are the Eurosceptics a powerful electoral force in Croatia?
    There has been quite a few articles appearing in German newspapers castigating the Southern European countries....a lot of Germans are beginning to get fed up with paying for other MS' bailouts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Yeah because it makes sense to call a libertarian party fascist...It's not about race anyway, but about numbers.

At a time of economic downturn, the rationale for the free movement of workers falls away - its goal is to provide labour for countries which have skills shortages. Most immigrants are low-skilled workers and we have an abundance of low-skilled workers currently unemployed. Why on earth would you want to add to those numbers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scots King)
    There has been quite a few articles appearing in German newspapers castigating the Southern European countries....a lot of Germans are beginning to get fed up with paying for other MS' bailouts
    About time if you ask me!

ReputationRep:
    How's it going, have you found it difficult to come up with enough nuttiness?
    I managed to find a few though as an independent did not get policies such as the 99p coin supported by the rest of the house.

I am not standing this time as real life will not enable me to take part very much for the next few months.

ReputationRep:
    Very interesting thread haven't had time to read it all.

I don't visit the politics forums enough to make an informed opinion. However, I have no doubt that there are people out there trying to manipulate debate. As someone else said, students can be influential in creating change which is why news reports, particularly in papers such as the Daily Mail, tend to focus on health and safety issues, vandalism and drug consumption. Also, I can't think of any examples right now, those who wish to control us and our opinions, have a track record of using stealth tactics such as what the OP has described to misinform/influence people.

So, whilst my gut reaction is what the OP is suggesting is probably untrue, no one can really say for certain, and we should certainly not put it past those who wish to influence us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scots King)
    Yeah because it makes sense to call a libertarian party fascist...It's not about race anyway, but about numbers.

At a time of economic downturn, the rationale for the free movement of workers falls away - its goal is to provide labour for countries which have skills shortages. Most immigrants are low-skilled workers and we have an abundance of low-skilled workers currently unemployed. Why on earth would you want to add to those numbers?
    The poster called for a "one party right wing state". You don't think that's fascism? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Right now we have massive government attacks on the poor and the Tories are using the police as a tool to brutally suppress protest.
    Brutally suppress? Go try living in China then you might have an idea of what brutally suppressing a protest looks like.

A couple of years ago they used it against students in London on a massive scale and against the very popular UK Uncut tax protests - the cases arising from that are still going on.
    Bunch of whiny spoilt babies crying over ****all.

This is now such a regular pattern that the UK politics forum appears to be almost dead in the water - most posters are bogged down arguing with people who appear to be wholly committed to the EDL/BNP/Ukip lines. So much so, that we must ask the question - are these organisations seeking to control debate on TSR? Is TSR willing to allow this to continue? Is it what we really want?
    If completely deluded hysterical leftist babies are on the decline then this makes me happy

ReputationRep:
    i would sincerely hope the person you quoted was an exception , if all UKIP members were like that ( which they are not ) then the whole 'fascist' thing is probably right

In all honesty , both sides have their advantages. staying in the EU brings benefits and costs , leaving the EU has costs but does also bring benefits. I personally am for leaving the EU , but that's a whole other debate.

for Labour in my opinion , their leader Ed Miliband is their biggest problem - having him in charge and Ed Balls in charge of the economy is probably the biggest reason for me voting conservative at the next election - i simply don't trust either of those two to do the job properly. You could argue of course that Osborne hasn't been brilliant either , but i still think he's a better alternative to Ed Balls

And finally getting the point of the thread : a lot of the right-wing threads busting about scroungers etc , are probably just GCSE/A-level students who are quite narrow-minded in their thinking ( slightly ironic cos i am an A-level student myself lol , but i don't think in the same way these guys do ) so i don't think parties such as UKIP etc actually pay people to come on here and convince students to go right-wing instead of left , mainly because they probably don't even have the time to do it - and it would be the biggest waste of money ever for the party. Plus you have the Model House of Commons on TSR already.

a lot of these right-wing threads you can take with a pinch of salt , because a significant majority of them are trolls anyway looking to spark a reaction from a forum which is famously left-wing in it's thinking.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.