A good choice!! :smile: studying international business, what about you?? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really haha?! Me too!:smile:x
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 381
Original post by JackCroxford
Really haha?! Me too!:smile:x

Aw, I just realised the reason we're talking about accommodation is because we both said "firming international business" to each other a couple of posts ago.. hahah oh dear... X
hahaha yea just looked back and you're right. And we're going to uni... haha. x
Original post by GreenTeen
Hey congrats, I have German tomorrow but realistically I finished today. Enjoy the long holiday!

Thanks!! How did you do? I just got back from my first 3-day summer holidayy, loving all the free time!
I firmed engineering , need AAA , do you think they will still give me an offer if i get AAB ?!?
Maths is killing me ,..
Reply 385
Original post by forever888
Thanks!! How did you do? I just got back from my first 3-day summer holidayy, loving all the free time!

My exams went really well, although a lot of people found them very difficult, so here's to low grading boundaries.
Original post by sophiav94
sorry for the late reply, haha, thank god i thought i was the only one! the politics course looks really good at edinburgh, have you chosen accommodation yet?

i picked Chancellor's Court as my first choice, what about you? :smile:
Reply 387
Unconditional Firm for Computer Science :smile:
Reply 388
Unconditional firm for Politics!
Hi guys!

So I firmed my offer with Edinburgh for English Literature months back. The conditions of the offer were "This offer is subject to you obtaining an overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with 5.5 or above in each component, or equivalent. Please provide a signed copy of your UCAS reference on headed or officially stamped paper". I had also provided predicted grades for my class XII exams in my application. Since obtaining those marks was not a part of my offer, do you think it will make a difference to my application if I don't get as much as I said I would, my papers didn't go that well.

I have given my certificates for verification along with my IELTS results (8.0) and my reference 2 weeks ago, but still haven't heard back from them. Is that normal?

I'm really starting to worry here.

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Aphrodille
Hi guys!

So I firmed my offer with Edinburgh for English Literature months back. The conditions of the offer were "This offer is subject to you obtaining an overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with 5.5 or above in each component, or equivalent. Please provide a signed copy of your UCAS reference on headed or officially stamped paper". I had also provided predicted grades for my class XII exams in my application. Since obtaining those marks was not a part of my offer, do you think it will make a difference to my application if I don't get as much as I said I would, my papers didn't go that well.

I have given my certificates for verification along with my IELTS results (8.0) and my reference 2 weeks ago, but still haven't heard back from them. Is that normal?

I'm really starting to worry here.

Thanks

I'm not sure about your specific circumstances, but I know for sure that Scottish students doing Advanced Highers often submit their predicted grades to universities, even though they're not included in their conditions. I also know that it doesn't matter whether you surpass these predictions or not! I.e I'm not even going to pass adv chemistry, and I was predicted a B. But this won't matter to the university. Sorry that I can't be of more help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Opasniipocik
I firmed engineering , need AAA , do you think they will still give me an offer if i get AAB ?!?
Maths is killing me ,..

It's totally dependent on the intake for the course and how many other candidates achieve their offer. So basically it varies from year to year and will all depend upon results day.

What in particular are you struggling with in C4? I'm finding it slightly tough, in particular the comprehension and vectors. C3 was much nicer :frown:
Original post by CAZEE786
Unconditional Firm for Computer Science :smile:

Original post by Valentas
Anyone firmed Edinburgh for Computer Science? If so, shoot me a PM and let's talk about our deeds we've already accomplished in this field :smile:

I've firmed Computer Science too :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by KeithyDee
I've firmed Computer Science too :smile:

Thats great ! Where u from ?
Original post by ConnorDuffy
I'm not sure about your specific circumstances, but I know for sure that Scottish students doing Advanced Highers often submit their predicted grades to universities, even though they're not included in their conditions. I also know that it doesn't matter whether you surpass these predictions or not! I.e I'm not even going to pass adv chemistry, and I was predicted a B. But this won't matter to the university. Sorry that I can't be of more help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot! Good luck to you!
Original post by CAZEE786
Thats great ! Where u from ?

Near Stirling :smile: You?
Reply 396
Original post by KeithyDee
Near Stirling :smile: You?

I am from Indonesia, are u on Facebook ?
Reply 397
Does anyone know if they might still accept me if I miss a grade by a couple of points? Really frightened about history! Need AAA, but worried I'll get AAB.
Original post by lornarose
Does anyone know if they might still accept me if I miss a grade by a couple of points? Really frightened about history! Need AAA, but worried I'll get AAB.

No idea, I think most of us are in the same position as you. Usually depends on how many people are successful and whether they have an spaces left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
Firmed French, Spanish and EU studies and finished my last exam today! Roll on September!!:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending