Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I used to get bullied mercilessly because of my inability to walk on two legs and I look like a furry anteater

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caits7)
    Never really for looks, the closest I've been was when I told someone I was a 32C and they said "good things come in small packages".

However, my personality has been absolutely slated by a couple of people, they called me "gassed" and a "pretentious sket" amongst many other things.
    It was a smart young london youth with a hoody?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've been called ugly quite a few times because I was the darkest out of me and my brother.. Then I've been told that my eyebrows are crap which is a huge turn off and so I will be single and unloved for life

ReputationRep:
    At secondary school, being the "smartest" meant being scorned. On top of being the "swot", I was also considered "ugly". I had never been conscious of my appearance before. I thought I was perfect and beautiful, and felt this was true of all girls in their own ways.

• For five years, my head was pelted with bits of rubber (it was a game for the guys -- hitting my head meant scoring).
    • On a non-uniform day, I made an effort to look good. Perhaps I didn't have a 'great' sense of fashion back then, so it meant coming to school in tight yellowy skinny jeans and a cream coloured top. I remember how one of the guys from the 'good-looking/hot' group saw me and said 'now SHE is a COMPLETE babe' sarcastically, to which the other guys responded with a drawn-out 'ERRRRRRRRRRRR'. This was in earshot of the whole class. The part that hurt the most was I hadn't detected the sarcasm initially and for five seconds I'd felt great...shame on me.
    • This guy became less of a bully later on, or maybe he was just in a better mood on another day when he looked at me and said "you ARE kind of pretty". I was smiling all day after that, ridiculous thought it may sound now.
    • At one point, the group of "good-looking/hot" guys and girls would follow me around the school, saying stuff like "do you have a willy?" or "she has a willy".
    • I was walking down the corridor. A girl from a group of ~15 people from my year group said "hi" to me. I responded: "hello". The whole group laughed and jeered at me as I left the corridor.
    • A guy came up to me in ICT class (he was sat in a group of ten or so guys and had gotten dared to come up) and started rubbing my back my his hand and saying "hey SEXY". I didn't say anything. He walked back to the sound of cheers/laughter/applause from his group.
    • I was sat between two guys (boy-girl seating plan) in my form class. I had a rolled up poster in front of me (some project or other). One of the guys picked it up, banged it on my head. I tried to get it off him, so he threw it to the guy on my other side, who then banged it on my head. (This is making me laugh as I write.) They started a game: guy#1 bangs it on my head, throws it to guy#2, guy#2 bangs it on my head, throws it back to guy#1 and so on. Took some time for the form tutor to tell them to stop. Once again, I was the laughing stock of my class.
    • I'm literally a 28AA. Don't think I need to say any more.

It's hard to read all that and NOT think I'm 'ugly', right? Would you believe that, when I came to University, I was considered one of the most beautiful girls on my course?

I get a lot of compliments at University. I try very hard to believe them. Gradually, I'm starting to see myself as beautiful again. But now and then, I can't help it -- I feel ugly to the point of feeling like a man on the outside.

I'm mailing pictures to those who want to see the girl behind the story for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have usually racist comments :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muckoz)
    It was a smart young london youth with a hoody?
    He was a young london youth, although suprisingly more of a gender confused six year old in an old person's wardrobe than a hoody wearer ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadden)
    At secondary school, being the "smartest" meant being scorned. On top of being the "swot", I was also considered "ugly". I had never been conscious of my appearance before. I thought I was perfect and beautiful, and felt this was true of all girls in their own ways.

• For five years, my head was pelted with bits of rubber (it was a game for the guys -- hitting my head meant scoring).
    • On a non-uniform day, I made an effort to look good. Perhaps I didn't have a 'great' sense of fashion back then, so it meant coming to school in tight yellowy skinny jeans and a cream coloured top. I remember how one of the guys from the 'good-looking/hot' group saw me and said 'now SHE is a COMPLETE babe' sarcastically, to which the other guys responded with a drawn-out 'ERRRRRRRRRRRR'. This was in earshot of the whole class. The part that hurt the most was I hadn't detected the sarcasm initially and for five seconds I'd felt great...shame on me.
    • This guy became less of a bully later on, or maybe he was just in a better mood on another day when he looked at me and said "you ARE kind of pretty". I was smiling all day after that, ridiculous thought it may sound now.
    • At one point, the group of "good-looking/hot" guys and girls would follow me around the school, saying stuff like "do you have a willy?" or "she has a willy".
    • I was walking down the corridor. A girl from a group of ~15 people from my year group said "hi" to me. I responded: "hello". The whole group laughed and jeered at me as I left the corridor.
    • A guy came up to me in ICT class (he was sat in a group of ten or so guys and had gotten dared to come up) and started rubbing my back my his hand and saying "hey SEXY". I didn't say anything. He walked back to the sound of cheers/laughter/applause from his group.
    • I was sat between two guys (boy-girl seating plan) in my form class. I had a rolled up poster in front of me (some project or other). One of the guys picked it up, banged it on my head. I tried to get it off him, so he threw it to the guy on my other side, who then banged it on my head. (This is making me laugh as I write.) They started a game: guy#1 bangs it on my head, throws it to guy#2, guy#2 bangs it on my head, throws it back to guy#1 and so on. Took some time for the form tutor to tell them to stop. Once again, I was the laughing stock of my class.
    • I'm literally a 28AA. Don't think I need to say any more.

It's hard to read all that and NOT think I'm 'ugly', right? Would you believe that, when I came to University, I was considered one of the most beautiful girls on my course?

I get a lot of compliments at University. I try very hard to believe them. Gradually, I'm starting to see myself as beautiful again. But now and then, I can't help it -- I feel ugly to the point of feeling like a man on the outside.

I'm mailing pictures to those who want to see the girl behind the story for themselves.

You sound interesting and I'm really curious as to what you look like!

I was sort of the same for the first two/three years with regards to boys saying/doing things as a joke whilst their friends were watching. I had giant curly hair that was often picked on. Then I got into a relationship with a guy who had left school and seemed pretty badass at the time as he used to ride to school on his motorbike to see me at lunch and glare at everyone through the mesh :rolleyes:and I was suddenly 'in'

We're still together and engaged 8 years later, so I'm flying the bird to all the people who said it was for attention hah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennaEmBee)
    You sound interesting and I'm really curious as to what you look like!

I was sort of the same for the first two/three years with regards to boys saying/doing things as a joke whilst their friends were watching. I had giant curly hair that was often picked on. Then I got into a relationship with a guy who had left school and seemed pretty badass at the time as he used to ride to school on his motorbike to see me at lunch and glare at everyone through the mesh :rolleyes:and I was suddenly 'in'

We're still together and engaged 8 years later, so I'm flying the bird to all the people who said it was for attention hah
    It's particularly demeaning if guys join in. When girls are bullying you, you can often just put it down to some semblance of "jealousy" and feel satisfied. When guys are involved, you assume you actually are "ugly".

Congratulations on your engagement. Woah, that's actually crazy, because I just got engaged too! My fiance is a guy I met at the beginning of my first year at University.

I'll email you a photo or two! It does look like a spoke to soon though, because I'm searching my laptop for pics haha. I don't have many (or any). I'll see if I can get hold of a recent one.

ReputationRep:
    I moved to another part of the country and I was bullied for being ginger, being clever and not being sporty. My lasting memory of my junior school is spending lunchtime in the toilet to avoid a guy who bullied me. Funny that the guy who bullied me went to a different secondary school but came to my school in 6th form and got the same bus as me for 2 years...he never looked me once in the eye

ReputationRep:
    Yes, mainly about having a big nose.

I'm pretty sure that everybody has been insulted at least once about their looks at some point in their life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomos)
    Accidentally negged you for this sorry
    Damn thumbs!
    Oh okay no problemo

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe some of things people have been insulted with on here especially when it's past high school...
    Compared to a lot of you I've had it easy! But the times that have stuck with me have been when my friend and I were walking home (in the pouring rain I might add so weren't looking our best) and 5-7 school boys shouted at us to wear bags over our heads! And another time a boy spat in my face as I walked past- charming!

Things like this never got to me that much until high school where all of my friends were really attractive and I realised I couldn't compare alas, my boyfriend seems content with my looks so I can't be too monstrous.

ReputationRep:
    I've only really been called names online about my appearance! I don't really care/take it seriously, if someone is really taking time to put another person down over something so menial, then they are obviously the ones with the problem!

ReputationRep:
    I got called fat sometimes, but my life in terms of people's perception of my looks have been extreme, I have been called good-looking, two girls shouted out in the street that I was "so f-ing sexy" but I have been called ugly once or twice before by my friends as a joke, but the other side is the fact that I was occasionally ridiculed for being overweight, but it didn't go too far. Mostly people don't have an opinion of my looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachiriot)
    I've only really been called names online about my appearance! I don't really care/take it seriously, if someone is really taking time to put another person down over something so menial, then they are obviously the ones with the problem!
    :eek: How could you get insulted online, if all your display pictures are that pretty then I don't understand what people could find to be mean about!:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Levingne)
    I was born with jet black hair and in secondary like year 7-9 it was quite long and sometimes covered my face, I was called "emo" for about 3 years and got told to go kill myself because that would probably be the only thing I'd be good at- I go to an all girls school so that pretty much explains it, girls are awful when it comes to things like this. I find it ironic that most of the people that bullied me for my hair have screwed up bleached black hair now lol.
    hahaha...

trying to copy black hair but clearly failing.

ReputationRep:
    Girls are so easy to offend. As a guy, I literally take no offence to any insults about my looks. Maybe a bit annoyed if someone calls me 'skinny' as a joke cos I go to the gym haha, but I know its not true. As a guy, I know that as a golden rule, stay away from calling a girl things like they're fat. Pretty much every single girl takes offence

ReputationRep:
    One of my co-workers, a guy who is also one of my closest friends, recently told me that I used to be skinny and hot. Now I'm pretty and overweight. I don't deny I need to lose weight, but it was kind of rude.

ReputationRep:
    I have very dark hair and in school I used to have a lady 'tache. This was before I discovered facial hair removal cream of course. I used to sit in some lessons with my hand over my nose, which made things worse because this one group of guys told me it was obvious I was trying to hide it. Also the first time I wore makeup to school I had one *****y girl say "oh my god, she's TRYING to look NICE!" Cue horrible giggles...

Nowadays I'm much happier with my appearance and don't get any comments at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    Girls and guys, have you ever been or felt insulted by others about your looks which has perhaps dented your confidence? Like maybe someone said you had a big nose, you look old, you have horrible eyes etc.

Tell us some times about when (if ever) you have been insulted?

If you havent been insulted then say so.

Just thought it would be interesting and might help others who have gone through similar to realise that everyone gets insulted, has faults and that they are often exaggerated words.

I'l start. Heres what I can think up at the moment.

-I was rated the least attractive girl in class at college for some facial attractiveness/biology topic. Ok so maybe this wasnt an insult as it was an anonymous activity but made me feel insulted. Its kind of worse than an insult as I couldnt put it down to nastiness/being victimised lol.

-A 30 odd year old man I went on a few dates with then broke up with told his mates that he was worried about getting any girl as he couldnt even get the ugliest of girls (meaning me).

Its not a direct insult as such but Ive never had a proper relationship and guys never approach me which i find insulting/lowers confidence.
    I've got an underbite so i don't smile with my teeth leading to people calling me miserable, chin, gorilla, ironing board, jaws, tarzan etc...
    so yep, i've grown accustomed to being insulted

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.