Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faria_i)
    I've just been offered a place at City! Has anyone else? So exciting as it is my only offer!

(Original post by Sgt5)
    Ah congratulations!!! Me too but have already accepted at UCL. Just wanted to say though my email appeared in my junk folder so those still waiting make sure you check! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats you two! And nice you didn't have to wait until Friday – I bet it was starting to feel like a very long week!

ReputationRep:
    Yayyyyy I have been offered a place at City tooo!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh it seems like they have sent out a lot of replies but my inbox is still empty! At what time were everyone's replies from City sent out today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reckrockaree)
    Ahhhhh it seems like they have sent out a lot of replies but my inbox is still empty! At what time were everyone's replies from City sent out today?
    Don't forget to check your junk mail. That's where my email ended up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katehb)
    Don't forget to check your junk mail. That's where my email ended up!
    I can't see anything in there either! Oh how frustrating! Am I the only city applicant who hasn't heard a response this evening?

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic! It might be that they send the emails out in Batches – they get a lot of applicants so it probably takes a bit of time...

ReputationRep:
    No, I haven't either, argghhhhh!

ReputationRep:
    Yay city offers offers are coming in already! Well done guys. For those that are on the waiting list you will have entry into next years course if you don't get in this year.

I've created a thread for everyone who has accepted a place on the SLT postgraduate course at City starting Sept 2014!...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...20postgraduate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluz)
    No, I haven't either, argghhhhh!
    At least I'm not the only one, I will ease off the 'refresh' button a bit now...!

ReputationRep:
    At least I'm not the only one, I will ease off the 'refresh' button a bit now...!
    I suppose I should probably stop refreshing too then...!

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting too.... I don't think my refresh on my emails have been hit so many times in a few hours before... I'm.glad I'm not the only one waiting for an email now congrats to everyone else who has got into the course and any of the unis

ReputationRep:
    Heya guys just got an offer from City yay! Never thought that would happen I was just checking it is definitely funded from the NHS? Is it all funded or depend on your location etc? Any help would be great as I know that Sheffield is all funded x

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Yes the city course is funded by the NHS. I think most are except queens

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been put on the waiting list for City too....would be great to start this year, but if it means guaranteed entry for next year, I'm definitely not going to complain. This alone is a shock!!

ReputationRep:
    Massive congratulations to those who have been offered places at City. Well done! (I can't copy and paste messages for some reason)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmic.love)
    Hey Jen,
    Oh I know what you mean. Where are you moving from? I'm trying to look into postcodes and figure them out and where would be suitable. I want to be close enough but London will be so expensive. I'm looking at tube maps seeing where would be feasible! So much to think about
    Hi both! I've been accepted at UCL after the interviews last Tuesday. I live near Hatton cross which is on the Piccadilly line straight into Russell square. Housing is a bit cheaper and travel will cost £8 a day..hope that helps a bit!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone who have been offered places! I have been put on the waiting list for city so really hoping that I am able to do it this year :-)

Jess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemz475)
    Hi both! I've been accepted at UCL after the interviews last Tuesday. I live near Hatton cross which is on the Piccadilly line straight into Russell square. Housing is a bit cheaper and travel will cost £8 a day..hope that helps a bit!
    Hi!
    I was at the interviews Tuesday too! Glad to hear you got accepted! That helps a lot thank you very much. So would you just get the tube to Euston and walk down? The tube is so great and regular I can't imagine it would take very long. I was looking at the breakdown of fees on the UCL website and they said 240-245 a week for accom!! Is that realistic? Would that be for a house on your own or a shared house? I realise London is expensive to live in but 960 a month seems like a lot! Thanks for the help, I'll definately look into it. Our main renting website over here is daft.ie would you know what the English equivalent is? Sorry for all the questions

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've got quite a few friends in London now. (I will be coming to UCL too ) one of then who I stayed with the night before the interview lives in Clapham. She pays 600 a month rent for a flat share. It's straight on the northern line up to kings x (10 min walk from chandler house) and that cost me about a fiver there and back using my Oyster card! Hope that's helps too. Another of my friends who did the msc at UCL lived in Finsbury park and paid 450 a month and that was close enough to get the bus is which wouldn't have been too pricey each day (cheaper than the tube) x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Thank you very much for that, really appreciate it. A friend of my housemate actually lived in Clapham when he lived over there, he said it took 25 mins on 2 tubes to get into the city where ever he was going to which doesn't seem too bad in fairness (there's apparently a large Irish population there too).
    Congrats on the place, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Are you from England yourself? Will you be moving down?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.