Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RafJav)
    I thought it was harder:/
    Stupid how easy all the mock are compared to these two exams, we have just been an unlucky year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawthorns)
    Teacher Col did you think it was a hard paper?
    No - it was an easy paper that its easy to make mistakes. I've just been through it with mine and they are smacking their heads saying nooooooooooooooo.

eg converting cm^3
    missing %
    Not proving Ke
    saying grav pe goes to ke in terminal Q
    Not realising all stress/strain graphs are same for a given material and not changed by length
    Not working out ration to a number
    Not realising spring s are both stretched so forces are in opposire directions
    Not able to do algebra on monents questiion
    Multiplying by 0.3 instead of dividing on power q
    etc
    etc

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer to the ratio question to the springs and trolleys? anyone get 25/9???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari_1996)
    I would say it was harder IMO.
    Me too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teachercol)
    You can do it by integration.
    I'm doing C4 and I wouldn't have even thought of that. If anyone did actually do that, it's mighty impressive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohailkm96)
    For the output power it's just the gravitational energy gained divided by time (I think), then the input power, as the output power is 30% efficient, you can find out what 1% of the input power is then times that by 100 to get input power.
    I totally failed that question then.

ReputationRep:
    i divided by 30 for the output but cant remember what i did for the input

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any idea when an unofficial mark scheme will be up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari_1996)
    Oh yeah, I've remembered a question which no-one has talked about in this thread. I wasn't sure what to do on the question where it asked for the input and output power (or something like that). What did you guys get? I hope y'all know what question I'm talking about.
    What i did:
    First part = mgh
    Second Part = mgh/45
    Third part = (mgh/2) * 0.3

Cos output power was mgh(i think), input / output * 100 = 30, so output * 0.3 = input

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeyoh9292)
    I'm doing C4 and I wouldn't have even thought of that. If anyone did actually do that, it's mighty impressive.
    It would only be A2 students who have done Newtonian World. I show them integration methods leading to area under F/t and F/x graphs

ReputationRep:
    **** sakeeeee i was so confident about doing well in that exam and then it turned out to be hard.. ((( idk how well ive done unless someone posts an unofficial mark scheme (pleaseee?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustFacts)
    Any idea when an unofficial mark scheme will be up?
    I've done the paper. I'll type it up and post it tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohailkm96)
    Yeah but the forces are acting in opposite directions, so it's (14 x 0.5) - (14 x 0.3)/0.8 = 3.5
    One of the springs compressed and one stretched but they Beth ultimately accelerated the trolley from left to right so that's why I added them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kakashidude101)
    What i did:
    First part = mgh
    Second Part = mgh/45
    Third part = (mgh/2) * 0.3

Cos output power was mgh(i think), input / output * 100 = 30, so output * 0.3 = input
    I probably got the first part right because I did mgh. The other two parts I failed on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas96)
    One of the springs compressed and one stretched but they Beth ultimately accelerated the trolley from left to right so that's why I added them
    It says in bold they are both stretched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teachercol)
    No - it was an easy paper that its easy to make mistakes. I've just been through it with mine and they are smacking their heads saying nooooooooooooooo.

eg converting cm^3
    missing %
    Not proving Ke
    saying grav pe goes to ke in terminal Q
    Not realising all stress/strain graphs are same for a given material and not changed by length
    Not working out ration to a number
    Not realising spring s are both stretched so forces are in opposire directions
    Not able to do algebra on monents questiion
    Multiplying by 0.3 instead of dividing on power q
    etc
    etc
    GODDAMNIT! I've just realised I dropped at least 4 marks (converting cm^3, missing %, saying grav pe goes to ke in oil (what was the answer to that then?) leaving ratio as 25/9 (which I think will be fine - if it's right), not realising about stress/strain graphs), maybe 5-6.

ReputationRep:
    Surly the would bring the grade boundaries down if alot of people didn't achieve as much? Or I'm I wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the trolley spring question, i got 5.25, then changed it to 14. Did anyone get any of these answers? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arun1323)
    what was the answer to the ratio question to the springs and trolleys? anyone get 25/9???
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    for the stress strain graph, i put because strain is inversely proportion to the length, if he length is doubled hen the stain is halved which would give the graph a steeper gradient, is that wrong?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.