Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    I managed to catch the Portugal game from the 77th minute. Just in time to see Ghana score two. Terrible timing by me! Terrible defending by Portugal!

I have to say it looks better on than it does in that picture. Steven Defour was pictured in it and it's not too bad. What about Sportings away top? I'm not too keen on that!

Attachment 230702

Portuguese fixtures have just been released tonight. Final game of the season Benfica will travel to the Dragão. Obviously a long way off but potentially the Liga could be decided at the Dragão, again!

Bit of an odd clash of colours but nothing too bad

Dortmund have signed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Very intriguing signing in my opinion. In the '100 Best Footballers in the World' list the Guardian put up last year, they had Aubameyang at 67, much to the derision of a lot of readers. He's ended up having a pretty good season in France, however, so I'll be intrigued to see how he does at a now big club like Dortmund. You also have to remember that Dortmund are rather fantastic at replacing stars: the last time they had a disgruntled top-scorer, his name was Lucas Barrios and he spent his last season at the club playing second-fiddle to a young Robert Lewandowski before going off on a free-transfer. :p:

(Original post by boumavilla)
    Eredivisie update: :sexface:

Lots of transfers have taken place so far all across the league, the biggest probably being the attacking midfielder Adam Maher (who has been tipped to be big in the future) has joined PSV from AZ. The fee is said to be around 8 million euros which could be a coup if he sells on for a lot more in a few years. Also they've signed Chelsea centre-back Jeffrey Bruma for 3 million Euros and Florian Josefzoon from RKC Waalwijk. However with Maher, Bruma and Josefzoon coming in, PSV have sold their main attackers Dries Mertens and Jeremain Lens to Napoli and Dinamo Kiev respectively, picking up big fees for them in the process, which may be used to further invest in the squad. In fact, one signing that could be possible is Stijn Schaars, who played for the Netherlands in the World Cup in 2010. PSV are definitely still trying to win the title after last year's disappointment despite spending big.

The likes of Ajax and Feyenoord have been relatively quiet, with fairly low key incomings and outgoings so far, but I believe Feyenoord are being linked with the likes of Bojan Krkic, as they need a back-up striker in case of injury to their big striker Graziano Pelle.

Vitesse are busy as they have sold Van Ginkel to Chelsea (to replace Frank Lampard I reckon), and Wilfried Bony should be next out the door. They really need to start spending in order to compete for the title and Europe, they've only signed Vejinovic from Heracles and Kelvin Leerdam from Feyenoord thus far.

Other teams noteworthy for their summer so far are Groningen and AZ. Groningen have been very busy, with the likes of Bacuna, Sparv and Van Dijk leaving for new challenges abroad, and some players in such as Eric Botteghin from NAC and Wijnaldum from AZ. Speaking of which, AZ seem to be busy themselves in re-establishing themselves as one of the top teams in Holland. They've signed Jan Wuytens from Utrecht on a free (who was excellent for Utrecht last season) and Joey Gouweleeuw for 1.5 million Euros from Heerenveen, two big centre-backs who are some of the best in the Eredivisie. Also they have purchased Nemanja Gudelj from NAC for 3 million Euros.

Finally, Dennis Rommedhal has joined the Dutch top flight, he's signed a contract with RKC Waalwijk! :awesome:
    PRSOM for this! :yep: I'll join in later. :sexface: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)

Very intriguing signing in my opinion. In the '100 Best Footballers in the World' list the Guardian put up last year, they had Aubameyang at 67, much to the derision of a lot of readers. He's ended up having a pretty good season in France, however, so I'll be intrigued to see how he does at a now big club like Dortmund. You also have to remember that Dortmund are rather fantastic at replacing stars: the last time they had a disgruntled top-scorer, his name was Lucas Barrios and he spent his last season at the club playing second-fiddle to a young Robert Lewandowski before going off on a free-transfer. :p:

Aubameyang is a good player, if he can replicate the form he has shown this season in France I don't doubt he will be a big success at Dortmund.

I think Dortmund have done good business so far this summer, they have already lost Gotze and Santana and Lewandowski may leave as well but their replacements in Sokratis, Aubemayang and potentially Mkhitaryan will mean they'll still be a strong opponent next year.

ReputationRep:

Also add gundogan for sahin and replacing kagawa with marco reus. If they'd kept that team with all those players they lost like barrios/kagawa/sahin I reckon they'd have had a team that could have matched bayern last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    That league is fixed... How many seasons in a row has this happened?
    I just went to check this out as i was quite intrigued about it when you asked and surprisingly it was only really last season when it was matchday 28 and then in 2010 when it was matchday 29. Imagine Benfica winning the Liga on the last day of the season at the Dragão where they would receive the trophy too... That's pretty sickening!

(Original post by Malevolent)
    Bit of an odd clash of colours but nothing too bad
    You just have bad taste!

ReputationRep:
    I just went to check this out as i was quite intrigued about it when you asked and surprisingly it was only really last season when it was matchday 28 and then in 2010 when it was matchday 29. Imagine Benfica winning the Liga on the last day of the season at the Dragão where they would receive the trophy too... That's pretty sickening!

You just have bad taste!
    What do you make of Quintero to Porto?

ReputationRep:

You just have bad taste!
    Ouchhhh maybe I do :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Christian Eriksen scored two stunning free kicks yesterday for Ajax in their preseason game...

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Christian Eriksen scored two stunning free kicks yesterday for Ajax in their preseason game...

:coma:
    That's my boy right there! Definitely outgrown Ajax but there arent many clubs in for him. Havent been following his transfer saga much but he doesnt seem to have many options now that Dortmund signed that Armenian. His best bet is to sign a one year extension and keep improving under DeBoer. The best Ajax players delay their exits and he seems like a sensible lad so fingers crossed! Even as an Ajax fan, I'd quite liked to have seen Eriksen/Reus together... :coma:. He'd do well at Arsenal as well given the chance.

Fantastic atmosphere at this game btw. Have heard that 2nd division Dresden are one of the best supported clubs in Germany.

ReputationRep:
    As bad as it sounds I think eriksen would work wonders if spurs got him

ReputationRep:
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/06/boruss...owers-3871253/

ReputationRep:
    So Iraq's cinderella story continues. Next up Uruguay, another winnable game. Can see them playing France in the final.

Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    What do you make of Quintero to Porto?
    If you believe everything you read then he should be a Porto player very soon. The kid looks very promising though and with a price tag of €10m being thrown around we could make quite a nice profit out of him.

Porto are being linked to Bernard a lot too, who was linked to Spurs and Dortmund. I would love nothing more than to see him in a Porto kit. Being a fan of the Brazilian league and finding myself being ever more attached to Atlético Mineiro i've been following this guy for a couple of seasons now. He reminds me of another James and feel he would have no problems getting into our team. He does have a price of €25 to his name though which is a lot higher than we would pay for someone.

I think Porto will get one or the other though but we already have a midfield overload going on, but if you believe the reports at the moment then it looks most likely we'll be getting Quintero.

Whilst i'm on the Brazilian league there are a few decent games tonight. São Paulo-Santos and Internacional-Vasco with both currently at half time and Pato has ended his goal drought for Corinthians by scoring two goals tonight, currently HT too. Then there is the derby between Botafogo-Fluminense at 10:30.

ReputationRep:
    Wow Dortmund unveiled their new kits in quite stunning fashion

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...221553489.html

ReputationRep:
    I managed to catch the Portugal game from the 77th minute. Just in time to see Ghana score two. Terrible timing by me! Terrible defending by Portugal!

I have to say it looks better on than it does in that picture. Steven Defour was pictured in it and it's not too bad. What about Sportings away top? I'm not too keen on that!

Attachment 230702

Portuguese fixtures have just been released tonight. Final game of the season Benfica will travel to the Dragão. Obviously a long way off but potentially the Liga could be decided at the Dragão, again!

Yeah, the Portugal match was disappointing. We turned it around brilliantly, but then lost it again so stupidly. I thought we could have gone further in the tournament, but the defending really was not good enough at all. Oh well.. I hope some of those youngsters can make it to the main national team some day..

Also, yeh, that's exactly what I thought when I saw the new Porto kit, they're both the same colour! I'm guessing that Porto will end up using the 3rd choice kit more often than not..

The fixtures are annoying. Every time we play Porto at (or near) the end of the season, it means bad things for us. It's a bit strange that we're going to the Dragao right at the end of the season again... potential title match, and SportTV will be showing it (seeing as how if it had been at Estadio da Luz, BenficaTV would have the rights)...

In terms of signings, Porto have done well. The fact that you're already looking forward to seeing the new players, despite having lost two big names, shows that Porto have probably bought well. I see Ghilas has gone to Porto as well, which is a great signing for Porto.. The one I'm really dreading is Bernard though. I hope that one doesn't happen, he was really good from what I saw in the Confederations Cup >_< If a third party is there to help out in the negotiations, then its quite possible he'll end up at Porto, and with that guy Porto will definitely be a ridiculous team next season.

In terms of Benfica, I'm starting to wonder how long left til Garay is sold. There hasn't been much talk of him moving, and with Ferguson retiring, I'd have thought Moyes had other transfer targets. We've bought Lisadro Lopez already though, so it should be happening soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Barça and Atletico de Madid have reached an agreement for the transfer of David Villa - http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/futbol/pr...etic-de-madrid

Wow. Thoughts on that?
    Not surprised really. Hope he does well with them though. Thought he would go to England though haha

ReputationRep:
    Wait Barcelona sold villa for the same price that norwich are selling grant holt to wigan for???

ReputationRep:
    Lol thanks.

(Original post by Zürich)
    That's my boy right there! Definitely outgrown Ajax but there arent many clubs in for him. Havent been following his transfer saga much but he doesnt seem to have many options now that Dortmund signed that Armenian. His best bet is to sign a one year extension and keep improving under DeBoer. The best Ajax players delay their exits and he seems like a sensible lad so fingers crossed! Even as an Ajax fan, I'd quite liked to have seen Eriksen/Reus together... :coma:. He'd do well at Arsenal as well given the chance.

Fantastic atmosphere at this game btw. Have heard that 2nd division Dresden are one of the best supported clubs in Germany.
    Heard that Ajax are very likely to sign Bojan Krkic very soon, do you think he'll make much of an impact? :beard:

(Original post by DH1')
    Barça and Atletico de Madid have reached an agreement for the transfer of David Villa - http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/futbol/pr...etic-de-madrid

Wow. Thoughts on that?
    Not too surprised tbh. Barcelona had him when he was at his prime, and seeing as they now have Neymar he was surplus to requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Wait Barcelona sold villa for the same price that norwich are selling grant holt to wigan for???
    Grant Holt wont be on £100k+ a week, so no, not the same price tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    :lmao:

Not surprised really, he's on his last leg.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.