Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Maggie Thatcher - The worst PM in UK's history and an economic failure watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj1015)
    Presently unless I am mistaken, like so many of her detractors were not even alive during per period in office.

You seem insistent on finding evidence that intends to discredit her, however everything you suggest has been shown to be incorrect. No one saying that you have to like the woman, but at least get your facts right.
    Not at all. I've only been defending my stance on Falklands as I'm being constantly assaulted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karla_Steinbach)
    Not at all. I've only been defending my stance on Falklands as I'm being constantly assaulted.
    Your stance is based on inaccurate evidence, and lack of prior knowledge.

Are you from argentina? Or any country sympathetic towards them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    A recent survey was carried out as to which PM would have dealt with the current economy well and guess what, Thatcher came out on top and of course, ahead of David Cameron.
    Cameron is an unpopular nazi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj1015)
    Your stance is based on inaccurate evidence, and lack of prior knowledge.

Are you from argentina? Or any country sympathetic towards them?
    You cannot even be bothered to read my name which is obviously Dutch and so is the flag on my profile.

I'm not saying you should be anyhow bothered, but it consumes less fatigue than for example writing a reply.

Sympathetic? Totally neutral as most people don't know about it. I'm studying in the UK but I am from Netherlands, and Dutch, not a Dutch ethnic minority (if that would matter to you).

My evidence is accurate and knowledge is vastly superior to many presented here.

ReputationRep:
    Should I start the assault on British history linking thousand events since the Lord Protector?

Don't even get me started because I'll remark the blood on your hands under Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron alike.

What really matters is the present tense.
    We were discussing the Falklands. You've obiously realised that you were incorrect and are now trying to change your stance and change topic.

But talking about Blood on our hands. Lets have a look at the Dutch Miltarys recent deployements.

Iraq
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-N...%E2%80%93_Iraq

Afghanistan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...sistance_Force

Libya
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_mi...ntion_in_Libya

Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticising the cloggies. A fine body of men and women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    We were discussing the Falklands. You've obiously realised that you were incorrect and are now trying to change your stance and change topic.

But talking about Blood on our hands. Lets have a look at the Dutch Miltarys recent deployements.

Iraq
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-N...%E2%80%93_Iraq

Afghanistan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...sistance_Force

Libya
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_mi...ntion_in_Libya

Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticising the cloggies. A fine body of men and women.
    I wasn't changing the topic at all, but you began to linking some nonsence trying to boycott Argentinian honour.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't changing the topic at all, but you began to linking some nonsence trying to boycott Argentinian honour.
    No. You claimed the Belgrano was sunk whilst retreating, It wasn't. It was redeploying for an attack the next day.

You then claimed that Argentinians are men of honour. I highlighted two that were actually involved in mass murder in their own country.

You're response should've been along the lines of. 'I didn't know that. Thank you for telling me.'

Instead you claimed biased propoganda and then decided to start slinging the mud at other politicians.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Gordan Brown was definitely the worste prime minister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajibola)
    Nah, Gordan Brown was definitely the worste prime minister.
    Gordon Brown was an overman, an intellectual superior and a true candidate for the leader of the free world. Noone deserves to stand in his presence, nor **** him off on nerdy websites making spelling mistakes during the process.

ReputationRep:
    How hot is Amanda Thatcher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)
    I know right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hermann Göring)
    I know right!
    Thatcher for president!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hermann Göring)
    Gordon Brown was an overman, an intellectual superior and a true candidate for the leader of the free world. Noone deserves to stand in his presence, nor **** him off on nerdy websites making spelling mistakes during the process.
    No, he was a weak and ineffective leader. Please come out your delusional bubble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaker1903)
    I'll party when her legacy dies.
    Which is in 2015 after the Conservatives are going to be out of power for 15 years in the United Kingdom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yael)
    Well, she was an ethnic Jew, a member of the house of Israel who would have no trouble potentially gaining Israeli citizenship despite her Protestant Christian faith.

I'm secularized, just like the vast majority of young Jewish generation, but we do speak of ourselves as an ethnicity: there's no point in pretending that we aren't. Of course one could play around with words like Ashkenazi/Sephardi/Mizrahi but Karl Marx&David Ricardo(atheists), Benjamin Disraeli (Judaism), Margaret Thatcher (Methodism) can all be referred to as Jewish in their ethnicity.
    I don't think Thatcher was Jewish at all, or was she? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)
    Just about how I've imagined Thatcher's granddaughter to look like based on the early photos of Thatcher, maybe a little bit larger.

(Original post by Bourgeoisie)
    Which is in 2015 after the Conservatives are going to be out of power for 15 years in the United Kingdom.
    Dictatorship of the proletariat by 2040, that's what kind of pledge I can promise to deliver to the Bourgeoisie at the moment. Now I'm going back to revision.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you even get the energy from to do it? TSR is not to be taken seriously as it is unhealthy and a time waste.

The most energetic people here are far-right as they are those who have low university offers - or no offers - or a decent offer with upcoming failure as they waste their life repeating the same ideological arguments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    No. You claimed the Belgrano was sunk whilst retreating, It wasn't. It was redeploying for an attack the next day.

You then claimed that Argentinians are men of honour. I highlighted two that were actually involved in mass murder in their own country.

You're response should've been along the lines of. 'I didn't know that. Thank you for telling me.'

Instead you claimed biased propoganda and then decided to start slinging the mud at other politicians.
    I'm not getting involved in this but if that is your argument then frankly there is no honourable nation. Would you say Che Guevara wasn't a man of honour and principle? Regardless of where in the political spectrum you place yourself.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You cannot even be bothered to read my name which is obviously Dutch and so is the flag on my profile.

I'm not saying you should be anyhow bothered, but it consumes less fatigue than for example writing a reply.

Sympathetic? Totally neutral as most people don't know about it. I'm studying in the UK but I am from Netherlands, and Dutch, not a Dutch ethnic minority (if that would matter to you).

My evidence is accurate and knowledge is vastly superior to many presented here.
    Clearly not or do you think you know more about the Falklands war and the Belgrano than the man who was captain of the ship and the head of the Argentine navy, both of whom admit that the sinking was justified and the Belgrano was to be a part of a pincer attack on the British task force.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luca-cunn)
    Politicizing a death? The right have never done anything of the sort? Oh wait the recent tradegy involving the Philpotts. Id assume George Osborne saw it as a gift from the heavens. Tories used the deaths of six innocent children to further their anti welfare drivel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mick Philpott was a wicked man who had evil intentions for his children, and happened to use the welfare state to fund them.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.