Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eelnais)
    Ahahaha, maybe that was because it was my first time? Incase you ever turn into a girl, the Pill does turn your period into the perfect red blood and it is a wonder to be on.

I'm so used to talking graphically with my friends that I forget this stuff bothers most people.

/loner at uni for life come October
    Well I've had my fair share of period talk before, my ex had the implant thingy which sorta kinda gave her a never ending period for about 3 months :cry2: It was a tough time for both of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    I don't think you will be alone. My friends and I have talked about the blood clots we see in our pads. Now that I've typed that I realise how strange that sounds
    Another thing guys don't know is how horrible it feels to be sat in a pad which really needs to be changed but you cant for what ever reason, e.g you are sat on a bus
    Oh thank goodness, you too! And yes, that is AWFUL. I sat in a two hour exam once - had got up to go to the exam and had that little 'flood' you get when you stand up, then had to sit on a pad for two hours worrying it had leaked onto the chair.

(Thankfully, it hadn't!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    Well I've had my fair share of period talk before, my ex had the implant thingy which sorta kinda gave her a never ending period for about 3 months :cry2: It was a tough time for both of us.
    My friend has that! She's been on her period for months now, she's getting it taken out it is so bad.

ReputationRep:
    Ahahaha, maybe that was because it was my first time? Incase you ever turn into a girl, the Pill does turn your period into the perfect red blood and it is a wonder to be on.

I'm so used to talking graphically with my friends that I forget this stuff bothers most people.

/loner at uni for life come October
    Speak for yourself! Mine has got a lot worse >.<

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if it's already but said, but trying to go for a piss whilst your "little guy is up".

My God.

ReputationRep:
    How sometimes when you sneeze/cough you can feel the blood gush out...

The annoyance you feel when you see a splatter of blood on your undies- especially when you recently changed them! Grrr

ReputationRep:
    Loving all the period talk ladies :eek4: Makes our boners and nuts getting caught in zippers seem positively tame.

On that note, getting your nuts caught in your fly, pretty agonizing.

ReputationRep:
    The 'knowing glance' shared with strangers in mutual appreciation of a bent over girls arse or someone making a tit of themselves. More generally the feeling of instant rapport with other guys you have in the right circumstances. I am pretty sure women who don't know each other just don't do this. How the **** do you people make new friends?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty gross but before I started getting periods I thought it would be perfect red blood coming out like a cut or something. Not the clotty, stringy, dark red crap it can be if it is very heavy.

So I assume guys aren't really aware of this...

...or maybe I'm just a freak. :eek:

I was a bit horrified by how "different" it is when you're on microgynon :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I don't know if it's already but said, but trying to go for a piss whilst your "little guy is up".

My God.
    This may just be me but I treat it like one of those game stalls you get at a funfair where you have to see how many "balls you can get in the bucket".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I was a bit horrified by how "different" it is when you're on microgynon :zomg:
    That pill is horible! It made one of my friends hair fall out in clumps. Another friend was on it and for months she was really ill, eventually she had to go to A&E and they said if she was on it for any longer it could have put her in a coma. And for myself, it made me wake up with such bad period pains I couldn't even make it to the bathroom without blacking out at least twice!

The injection is a mirracle I have one period every 3 months or so that lasts about 2 days and I don't get any pains!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty gross but before I started getting periods I thought it would be perfect red blood coming out like a cut or something. Not the clotty, stringy, dark red crap it can be if it is very heavy.

So I assume guys aren't really aware of this...

...or maybe I'm just a freak. :eek:
    Omg this. I've been cursed with very heavy/long periods (they last 9-12 days naturally), so I have this every time for a good 4-5 days and it is VERY nasty.

The pill I'm on now makes it slightly better, but I still get it every period for a few days. The previous pill I was on made it worse!

Sorry about the too much info. My periods annoy me soo much. I mean, they're not fun for anyone, but mine have always been a nightmare. I could rant forever. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I love how this thread has just slowly turned into ranting about how bloody annoying periods are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)
    The 'knowing glance' shared with strangers in mutual appreciation of a bent over girls arse or someone making a tit of themselves. More generally the feeling of instant rapport with other guys you have in the right circumstances. I am pretty sure women who don't know each other just don't do this. How the **** do you people make new friends?
    You don't think girls have the same thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
    I love how this thread has just slowly turned into ranting about how bloody annoying periods are!
    This.

Also girls won't know how embarrassing it is for us when someone sits on your lap and your little fella wants to spring into action :erm: I'm convinced that they know what's going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    This.

Also girls won't know how embarrassing it is for us when someone sits on your lap and your little fella wants to spring into action :erm: I'm convinced that they know what's going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've always been curious do guys actually name their 'little fellas'?

I feel like Ralph would be a strong name. (Don't ask why I've thought about this haha )

ReputationRep:
    When you've just shaved your legs, and you put on trackies or jeans or pyjama bottoms or whatever and it feels unbelievably soft! :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Arnie

ReputationRep:

I feel like Ralph would be a strong name. (Don't ask why I've thought about this haha )
    I can only speak for myself and say I've thought of it... Haven't reached a conclusion yet.

(Original post by Peaches & Cream)
    When you've just shaved your legs, and you put on trackies or jeans or pyjama bottoms or whatever and it feels unbelievably soft! :sogood:
    Everyone knows the feeling of smoothness, be it on the legs or the pants :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How disgusting some girls are with their periods. Like going into a female toilet and find a used pad they haven't even bothered to wrap it up and put in the sanitary bin. Or finding period blood not flushed, or even worse on the seat :yucky:

I don't see why girls can't clear up after themselves with stuff like that, so inconsiderate and gross.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.