The Student Room Group

AQA Economics Unit 4 11th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
evaluate the causes of changes in the various phases of the economic cycle (25 marks)
Reply 381
Is it stupid of me to completely leave out revising the exchange rates? :/
Reply 382
Original post by Exotica

Exchange rates a key topic
Reply 383
Original post by Exotica

Don't leave it out completely just read over your notes

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel so under-prepared FFS :frown:
Reply 385
How do you guys find real life info on globalisation, FDI etc, in the past as well as currently? - Tried google but nothing relevant comes up :s
Reply 386
Original post by Skilled
evaluate the causes of changes in the various phases of the economic cycle (25 marks)

Exogenous and endogenous shocks, demand and supply side - read up on these! Speculative bubbles, political manipulation of the cycle and stock building are all the causes of the economic cycle :smile:
Reply 387
Something to help everyone..... http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/juliapeters-1278353-macro-diagrams/

Also click on the authors name, there are a whole lot of powerpoints :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by Exotica

I've pretty much done this too, but like the guys have said, learn the basics :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by kelbel1
Exogenous and endogenous shocks, demand and supply side - read up on these! Speculative bubbles, political manipulation of the cycle and stock building are all the causes of the economic cycle :smile:

Thanks
Original post by kelbel1
I've pretty much done this too, but like the guys have said, learn the basics :smile:

Could you outline the main things we talk about in an essay entitled

Assess the effects on UK microeconomic performance after a slowdown in growth of China
Reply 391
Original post by SimpleTom
Could you outline the main things we talk about in an essay entitled

Assess the effects on UK microeconomic performance after a slowdown in growth of China

Do you mean macroeconomics performance, or micro? x
Reply 392
Original post by Skilled
Thanks

Oh, and the accelerator and multiplier too. Increases in investment can lead to a positive multiplier effect as a result which causes a more than proportionate rise in national income. Because investment is based on past rises or falls in national income (the accelerator theory), investment increases again, setting off another multiplier effect etc etc... until AD has spirally out of control due to multiplier and accelerator relationship and there's a boom phase in the economic cycle. Of course, the opposite applies to a recession, firms start to cut back on investment and don't even replace capital, causing a downward multiplier as it's a leakage from the circular flow :biggrin:
Reply 393
Original post by kelbel1
Oh, and the accelerator and multiplier too. Increases in investment can lead to a positive multiplier effect as a result which causes a more than proportionate rise in national income. Because investment is based on past rises or falls in national income (the accelerator theory), investment increases again, setting off another multiplier effect etc etc... until AD has spirally out of control due to multiplier and accelerator relationship and there's a boom phase in the economic cycle. Of course, the opposite applies to a recession, firms start to cut back on investment and don't even replace capital, causing a downward multiplier as it's a leakage from the circular flow :biggrin:

How do you evaluate whether economic growth is sustainable in the long run or short run
Reply 394
Okay I'm doing everything last minute for this exam because its a retake and I didn't want it to affect my other exams. Got a B in Jan, What can I do to get to and A in the next few hours?
I was thinking of just picking out a few topics and revising them throughly rather than the entire module but it appears to be quite risky :/
Original post by kelbel1
Do you mean macroeconomics performance, or micro? x

Oh, my bad haha, macro!
Reply 396
Apparently they wrote this exam over a year ago. is this true?
Original post by Axion
Apparently they wrote this exam over a year ago. is this true?

They always write the exams at least a year before.

Look at the source line on the data figures of Section A questions, the year/month is always a minimum year before when paper is set.

I'm doing January 10 paper now, and the data say they were 'accessed on 27th May 2008'
Reply 398
Original post by Skilled
How do you evaluate whether economic growth is sustainable in the long run or short run

Well, if it's using massive increases in AD through Government spending, it's probably not done in a very sustainable way, and in the end, the Government will need to reduce the defecit if there's doing massive spending through AD. Long run growth in supply side policies is much better, increasing the PPF etc. That's all I'd say :smile:
Reply 399
Apologies if this has already been answered but how long do you spend and how much do you write for the 15 mark question? I've been treating it a bit like the 10 mark question with a bit more detail, usually writing just over a page but the example essays on the aqa website write a lot more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending