Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosaGPhotography)
    Yeah, I suppose the student budget for tickets gets a bit tight when your running on £11 a day! :P

Oh no! Well I'd love a Canon 5 if i could afford one, but I've always used my Canon 550D which has actually been great - I just spend a little more on the lenses instead. I actually spoke to our course leader and she said not to spend too much because we'll be able to use their facilities.

I'd love to see some of your work if you have any links?
    I might just get a Canon 650 D, thats what I used in college when my Nikon broke. And I'm just in the middle of sorting out all my pictures ready to upload on to my facebook should have them all on by tomorrow I'll send you the link then?

Do you have links links for your work I could look at? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReneeLouise)
    I might just get a Canon 650 D, thats what I used in college when my Nikon broke. And I'm just in the middle of sorting out all my pictures ready to upload on to my facebook should have them all on by tomorrow I'll send you the link then?

Do you have links links for your work I could look at? x
    Ah yeah, that seems like a good way to go. Coolio, yeah definitely send me links!

Yep, right here:
    http://www.rosafayphotography.com/

ReputationRep:
    Hello my names Cari, ill be starting in Caerleon and staying in the en suite halls :-). I'm studying primary education, is everyone else moving in on the 14th?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've just got a quick question about one of the things we have to get for the course. The flash gun?

Is this a flash gun: Attachment 239532 or is this a flash gun: Attachment 239533or are they both the same?

Because when you type 'flash gun' into google, it comes up with the 2nd one, but when i went to order one from 7dayshop.com it came up with the 1st one. Any ideas?
    They are both flash guns in a sense but you want the second one, you'll find it far more useful with the ability to tilt and twist it to bounce the light off various surfaces like the ceiling etc. You will also be able to take it off camera and have it firing from different angles for more dynamic light effects

A good place to check out for second hand gear is mpbphotographic.com you part ex your old stuff and it comes with warranties. You may be able to find a good 5D MK II on there but i agree with your other statement, investing in glass is far more cost productive. They bring out new bodies all the time but they've been using the same lenses for AGES!!!

For us students yes lol. Fares range from around £22 - £60 or more even I think it depends if I book the tickets online & when I want them for etc.

My camera broke aswel need to get a new one before term starts any reccomendations? I was thinking a Canon 5 Mark III but they're so expensive
    Yeah i second this, coming from Liverpool the train prices are ridiculous. If you book them online in advance you get them for £20 but if you don't you get slapped with a £74 like I did for my interview xD

I look forward to you posting the link to your work and checking it out I am on the Photographic Art course but i like looking at others work

(Original post by Cari29392)
    Hello my names Cari, ill be starting in Caerleon and staying in the en suite halls :-). I'm studying primary education, is everyone else moving in on the 14th?
    Hey Cari, I am Adam. What block are you staying in on Campus? I am in Penhow.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am & I'm staying in the en suite halls which block & flat are you in

ReputationRep:
    Hey reneelouise ^_^ I'm Freya, I'm on PFA too

You're getting a 5D mk iii? Oh my! I've just upgraded to a 7D (it arrived about a
    Month ago now) I didn't have a chance to even consider a 5D wayyyy outa my league of price! XD I've upgraded from my 500D, which has been a little trouper, and still serves me well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freglin)
    Hey reneelouise ^_^ I'm Freya, I'm on PFA too

You're getting a 5D mk iii? Oh my! I've just upgraded to a 7D (it arrived about a
    Month ago now) I didn't have a chance to even consider a 5D wayyyy outa my league of price! XD I've upgraded from my 500D, which has been a little trouper, and still serves me well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey Freya I'm not too sure yet I was thinking just the Canon 5D maybe a good condition 2nd hand one. My nikons broke it's irrepairable Do you have facebook or something we can talk on I'm not on this much

ReputationRep:
    Hey Freya I'm not too sure yet I was thinking just the Canon 5D maybe a good condition 2nd hand one. My nikons broke it's irrepairable Do you have facebook or something we can talk on I'm not on this much
    Yeah sure I'm "Freya Gill"

Profile picture is a girl in a burgundy ish too with a boy in the pic too x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freglin)
    Yeah sure I'm "Freya Gill"

Profile picture is a girl in a burgundy ish too with a boy in the pic too x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    done my name on facebook is Ruby Sienna x

ReputationRep:
    Hello Renee and Adam :-D I paid my deposit today, haven't had my room or block number as of yet, they have just said I'll be in an en suite room
    Will you be going to the pop corn party in the night? I've got a bottle of tequila ready for freshers but not sure what the night life is like in Caerleon hah!

ReputationRep:
    Hello Renee and Adam :-D I paid my deposit today, haven't had my room or block number as of yet, they have just said I'll be in an en suite room
    Will you be going to the pop corn party in the night? I've got a bottle of tequila ready for freshers but not sure what the night life is like in Caerleon hah!
    You should get the email in a couple of days &whats this popcorn party everyone's talking about? can you send me a link x

ReputationRep:
    Oh awesome, once you've paid you get it either the same day or next day I got mine an hour after paying. Chances are you could be in either Skenfrth or Penhow, I am sure there are other En-Suite blocks but they're the ones i know of Erm I may go the popcorn night but I am really not fussed on any of the freshers BIG events, I am more of house party kind of guy. However how often do you get a chance to see it RAIN POPCORN. Haha your Tequila may be better suited to the Mexican Night xD. I am not sure there is much nightlife in Caerleon itself apart from pubs, there is some clubs in Newport and Cardiff isn't far away for a good night out.

Where abouts are you coming from then, if you don't mind me asking

You should get the email in a couple of days &whats this popcorn party everyone's talking about? can you send me a link x
    Renee the freshers events list was released last week i think, here is the link http://www.uswsu.com/events/ the popcorn party is on the night everyone moves in, hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah, that seems like a good way to go. Coolio, yeah definitely send me links!

Yep, right here:
    http://www.rosafayphotography.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ReneeLouisePhotography?fref=ts

I made it last night just a few bits on it from one of my memory cards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RustedPickle)
    Oh awesome, once you've paid you get it either the same day or next day I got mine an hour after paying. Chances are you could be in either Skenfrth or Penhow, I am sure there are other En-Suite blocks but they're the ones i know of Erm I may go the popcorn night but I am really not fussed on any of the freshers BIG events, I am more of house party kind of guy. However how often do you get a chance to see it RAIN POPCORN. Haha your Tequila may be better suited to the Mexican Night xD. I am not sure there is much nightlife in Caerleon itself apart from pubs, there is some clubs in Newport and Cardiff isn't far away for a good night out.

Where abouts are you coming from then, if you don't mind me asking

Renee the freshers events list was released last week i think, here is the link http://www.uswsu.com/events/ the popcorn party is on the night everyone moves in, hope that helps
    Thanks Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RustedPickle)
    They are both flash guns in a sense but you want the second one, you'll find it far more useful with the ability to tilt and twist it to bounce the light off various surfaces like the ceiling etc. You will also be able to take it off camera and have it firing from different angles for more dynamic light effects

A good place to check out for second hand gear is mpbphotographic.com you part ex your old stuff and it comes with warranties. You may be able to find a good 5D MK II on there but i agree with your other statement, investing in glass is far more cost productive. They bring out new bodies all the time but they've been using the same lenses for AGES!!!

Ah brilliant, thanks! My mum got me the first one but I'm wondering whether I should exchange now. I'll have a look at the website though!

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/ReneeLouisePhotography?fref=ts

I made it last night just a few bits on it from one of my memory cards

Wow, lovely work!! Love that 'doll' shot

ReputationRep:
    Wow, lovely work!! Love that 'doll' shot
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    I will be studying Advertising design at the Newport campus. Only live 30mins away, so will be travelling each day.
    Not long now, and I will admit its a bit scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing Human Biolgy?:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on the Pharmaceutical Sciences course? Was a foundation student before and going on to the first year, would be nice to find someone on my course!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.