Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyMe)
    No but closer to the exam I'll get something out of her ! Haha
    Please do share you vital information! You will be forever loved and remembered haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsGrand131415)
    Please do share you vital information! You will be forever loved and remembered haha

Haha I'll certainly try my best and report back

ReputationRep:
    The A mark last year was 67%, do you think it'll be even lower than last year? I think it was much harder!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_96)
    The A mark last year was 67%, do you think it'll be even lower than last year? I think it was much harder!!
    Hmm, hopefully it'll be lowered! How'd you find it ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_96)
    I mean it is hard to tell The layout of the paper ( Multiple Choice ) I felt was completely different then the last 4-5 years. Some questions were asked weirdly. So not too sure but hopefully they will !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsGrand131415)
    Hmm, hopefully it'll be lowered! How'd you find it ??
    http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/...iology_EAR.pdf

ReputationRep:
    For the second set of essays I had time so I wrote an essay on both the kidney and the liver (separate essays). This was because I couldn't decide which one I was going to be worse at, as both were pretty poor if I'm honest....
    Do you think i'll be penalized for this?

I found the exam so much harder than I expected it would be! Was estimated an A after getting an A in both my prelims.... but I'm not so sure my final result will be the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sftz)
    For the second set of essays I had time so I wrote an essay on both the kidney and the liver (separate essays). This was because I couldn't decide which one I was going to be worse at, as both were pretty poor if I'm honest....
    Do you think i'll be penalized for this?

I found the exam so much harder than I expected it would be! Was estimated an A after getting an A in both my prelims.... but I'm not so sure my final result will be the same
    They'll only take the mark from one essay, im guessing it'll be the one with the lowest mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackE5)
    They'll only take the mark from one essay, im guessing it'll be the one with the lowest mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They mark both and use the highest mark. They cant mark you down for right answers and attempting the other essay. If anything youve done more work than most they cant penalise you for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhannahdoherty)
    They mark both and use the highest mark. They cant mark you down for right answers and attempting the other essay. If anything youve done more work than most they cant penalise you for it.

Ah good thank you!! I was really worried! :/

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh exam results soon, like real soon

ReputationRep:
    I noticed the paper is now on the SQA website however the marking scheme isn't up just yet.

ReputationRep:
    Did everybody get what they wanted?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.