Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    23rd July
    and where is this based on??
    In Jan it was released the day before we know our exam result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    what exam board? ocr physics in jan was a great exam
    edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeabc)
    and where is this based on??
    In Jan it was released the day before we know our exam result.
    An email from the man at Edexcel Maths:

"To save you asking (and me having to answer), mark schemes for all papers will be made available on Tuesday, 23 July 2013 and results for GCE examinations will be released on Thursday, 15 August 2013"

In January they were on the Edexcel website on 25th February.

The grade boundaries don't come out until the day before the results.

ReputationRep:
    I tries to downloadthe m1 paper and it came up in weird code. Can you relink i or someone copy and paste it please

ReputationRep:
    Have we got estimated grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    arsey will you be posting s1 answers up at 12?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    arsey will you be posting s1 answers up at 12?
    someone now post s1 edexcel solutions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by outsider95)
    For a genuine misread deduct ONLY one mark. If you misread you lose the first answer mark but all other Answer marks are considered follow through (this only applies if you read the number in a question wrong, if you do something in the method wrong youll still lose most of it)
    It wasn't a genuine misread though. For example, the question about rough inclined plane. Instead of 30 and alpha degrees, I considered both alpha by a mistake..
    Would I get 0/8?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sat M1 in January but by looking at this paper and the reactions of some friends it does look harder i must say. It was 64 for an A in Jan but reckon this paper will be more around 60.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wndms)
    It wasn't a genuine misread though. For example, the question about rough inclined plane. Instead of 30 and alpha degrees, I considered both alpha by a mistake..
    Would I get 0/8?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll probably get most of the method marks if you did it in the right way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trentjoseph007)
    Thanks for the reply! And hope u did good as well.

EDIT; i like all the maths modules .. but i tend to make errors in exam .... even if it is a really easy paper (in this case i would say easy paper .. standard) .. I just don't know how to avoid it.
    Spend time going through every single question bit by bit again. Not just browsing through, do a real review and you'll find lots of mistakes which after easily fixing, you'll get the grade you deserved.

ReputationRep:
    Guys please respond to this if I got everything correct except the moment question and in that I wrote everything and all the steps but the answers are wrong will I be able to get 86ums or even an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mohdimad)
    Guys please respond to this if I got everything correct except the moment question and in that I wrote everything and all the steps but the answers are wrong will I be able to get 86ums or even an A

If you're certain you got everything else right then you'll probably lose out on 3-4 marks max so yeah around 90ums or maybe even 100 if it's low boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply I hope so

ReputationRep:
    This paper is going to be the reason I don't get an A in Maths. And because of this I won't get into a good uni. Because of this I'll be doing a mediocre job. Because of this my standard of living will go down. Because of this I will die lonely.

M1=Loneliness. Proven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loiks94)
    Exactly what I did, If they do allow ecf/ft marks then it should be about 8 marks lost. You will get all m1 but no A1 marks I think.
    Thanks buddy, in the exam, it seemed like 8 marks was around what i was gonna lose.

ReputationRep:
    I think 61-58 will be for an A(80 ums) because according to all of the threads that i read on xtreme papers and here most found it difficult but there is always exceptions and taking arsey opinion in consideration I think it is between that range

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NabRoh)
    This paper is going to be the reason I don't get an A in Maths. And because of this I won't get into a good uni. Because of this I'll be doing a mediocre job. Because of this my standard of living will go down. Because of this I will die lonely.

M1=Loneliness. Proven.
    Really in the exact same position as you!
    My only hope is that C3 and C4 go really amazing... otherwise, goodbye King's College.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KalSA)
    Really in the exact same position as you!
    My only hope is that C3 and C4 go really amazing... otherwise, goodbye King's College.
    They will go really amazing, just focus on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NabRoh)
    They will go really amazing, just focus on that.
    Thank you! Same to you... if you are doing them haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.