Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    That is perfectly acceptable, though I would recommend a different route - research all the modules you have available to you, then sign up to all the ones you like the sound of (for timetabling, so you don't miss anything ), then, once you've had a taste of them/spoken to your tutor about it, deregister from the modules you don't like :yep:

This is completely department specific however, as your modules have to be approved by your administrator (so we wouldn't be allowed to do this in chemistry for example). So if they don't let you do that, just email them and explain what you're doing :yep: . If there's still an issue, go speak to your tutor on day 1 to get it sorted out quickly :yep:
    oh, I never thought of that thanks

ReputationRep:
    That is perfectly acceptable, though I would recommend a different route - research all the modules you have available to you, then sign up to all the ones you like the sound of (for timetabling, so you don't miss anything ), then, once you've had a taste of them/spoken to your tutor about it, deregister from the modules you don't like :yep:

This is completely department specific however, as your modules have to be approved by your administrator (so we wouldn't be allowed to do this in chemistry for example). So if they don't let you do that, just email them and explain what you're doing :yep: . If there's still an issue, go speak to your tutor on day 1 to get it sorted out quickly :yep:
    That sounds like the best route. Though dangerous for someone like me who finds anything interesting :P Thank you for all your help and advice.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Oh, for all of you tech-savvy peeps, look what I just recorded

Bear in mind that's only available if you know where to look :teeth:

ReputationRep:

Comp Sci area?

Imagine that speed in halls!

ReputationRep:
    Okay this is gonna sound stupid but in the Welcome Pack it says we aren't allowed to use blu-tack, cellotape or pins to stick posters up, so what can we use?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum17)
    Okay this is gonna sound stupid but in the Welcome Pack it says we aren't allowed to use blu-tack, cellotape or pins to stick posters up, so what can we use?
    Blu/white-tack

Nobody enforces those rules. Just make sure it doesn't leave a mark so they don't have any reason to suspect anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy-moron Prodigy)
    Don't quote me on this but I think the Warwick NUS card offers less benefits than the external NUS card. I only recently found out about the Warwick NUS card so it seems the benefits of getting an external NUS 'Extra' (I think that's what they're called) card are smaller but still present. I believe you get discounts at a wider variety of places with the external one and it's still worth it.
    The Warwick card is a standard NUS card, as opposed to an NUS+ card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello calum)
    Would you recomend registering for courses before we arrive? Because I'm not too sure which ones to do yet and I thought maybe I could speak with my tutor about options? :confused:

[TSR won't let me rep you ]
    Standard advice from the maths department is to register for everything you think you have any possibility of doing, then drop the ones that you don't want to do after you've tried them all a bit. For maths modules, you can go a long time before you can't deregister any more (since the maths department doesn't submit the assignment marks to the university immediately), with other modules you can't deregister if you've done above a certain percentage (that I forget - it's something like 20% or 25% I think) of the total assessed work.

ReputationRep:

Oh man! I didn't realize how good that was until i tested myself!

F+ is the lowest grade I have every achieved :cry:

ReputationRep:

I don't mean to boast, but...

ReputationRep:
    I went to upload my photo for the university card and it didn't recognise the picture as a human face, this doesn't bode well.

ReputationRep:
    I know further up here someone was talking about the student NUS card not being an NUS+ - does anyone know, though, if it will still give us discount on the 16-25 railcard and 10% crosscountry/trainline/national rail journeys? (it's a long shot but I can dare to hope...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterodactyl)
    I went to upload my photo for the university card and it didn't recognise the picture as a human face, this doesn't bode well.
    Pterodactyl, how did you even get onto the page? I've been trying to upload my photo but it says I need to have already enrolled and received an ICT login. Have you already received your official enrollment letter/email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngelCrow)
    Pterodactyl, how did you even get onto the page? I've been trying to upload my photo but it says I need to have already enrolled and received an ICT login. Have you already received your official enrollment letter/email?
    I emailed the ugadmissions to get my Warwick Uni ID and then enrolled.

ReputationRep:
    Because we haven't enrolled yet, you need to use the following to upload your photo..

• Username: Your university number (from your offer letter or fees invoice)
    • Password: Your Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY

)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, guys I can't believe I didn't see the alternative option (stupid) :P All sorted now ^.^ (Y)

ReputationRep:
    I know further up here someone was talking about the student NUS card not being an NUS+ - does anyone know, though, if it will still give us discount on the 16-25 railcard and 10% crosscountry/trainline/national rail journeys? (it's a long shot but I can dare to hope...)
    Yes you can I've done it before I managed to get a first class return for £30 from Manchester to Coventry it was an advanced ticket though and I split it at Stafford to make it much cheaper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just emailed the accommodation office asking to change my preferences around. I am such a nuisance..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_axo)
    Just emailed the accommodation office asking to change my preferences around. I am such a nuisance..
    I emailed them to change my preferences just ten minutes after sending off my application and was told they could no longer make any changes to applications. :erm: I think it might be because the deadline has passed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hootie*)
    I emailed them to change my preferences just ten minutes after sending off my application and was told they could no longer make any changes to applications. :erm: I think it might be because the deadline has passed
    Gah, that is annoying. Ah well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.