Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If your still waiting just ring up Nott trent did have my and just kept asking question I put through to a supervisor who miraculously found my results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily115)
    I've been phoning Admissions, but still haven't got anywhere.. I was told on Friday that a decision had actually been made (when it obviously hasn't) and that I would hear on Friday. I phoned them again this morning and was basically told that nothing's been approved & that I might hear today or tomorrow. But someone else I've spoken to said they told her she could hear on Wednesday, so I don't know what to think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right, I just phoned admissions for the second time. I told them the only condition I need to meet is the DBS check and I've sent my last piece of evidence in. She tried phoning the London Road Campus but the administrator apparantley isn't it so she took my phone number and said she'll try and find out what's going on and call me back tomorrow....

Em, did you get an email from Reading a few days ago saying thanks for having patience and waiting and they're basically reviewing the applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatstudentdude)
    Right, I just phoned admissions for the second time. I told them the only condition I need to meet is the DBS check and I've sent my last piece of evidence in. She tried phoning the London Road Campus but the administrator apparantley isn't it so she took my phone number and said she'll try and find out what's going on and call me back tomorrow....

Em, did you get an email from Reading a few days ago saying thanks for having patience and waiting and they're basically reviewing the applications?
    Yep, I got an email on Friday evening.

It doesn't really sound like they know what's happening :/ I haven't spoken to them today because I phoned yesterday and was told to expect to have heard today, and I don't have any documents left to send.. Even if we hear what's going on tomorrow it will've been nearly a week!

Edit: Just phoned again & was told that they're in a meeting and I should hear 'today or tomorrow' (which I've been told Thursday, Friday and yesterday)

ReputationRep:

It doesn't really sound like they know what's happening :/ I haven't spoken to them today because I phoned yesterday and was told to expect to have heard today, and I don't have any documents left to send.. Even if we hear what's going on tomorrow it will've been nearly a week!

Edit: Just phoned again & was told that they're in a meeting and I should hear 'today or tomorrow' (which I've been told Thursday, Friday and yesterday)
    You phoned just now? So did I and was told the administrator isn't even in to help! This is so confusing! Do you reckon it's all the people applying with conditional offers they're looking over then? I'm really worried this one piece of evidence left to meet my conditions is going to stop me getting in! I fulfilled all the others and was definitely over the necessary ucas points needed! ARGH!

ReputationRep:
    You phoned just now? So did I and was told the administrator isn't even in to help! This is so confusing! Do you reckon it's all the people applying with conditional offers they're looking over then? I'm really worried this one piece of evidence left to meet my conditions is going to stop me getting in! I fulfilled all the others and was definitely over the necessary ucas points needed! ARGH!
    I don't know, I'm completely confused! Part of me thinks they're just saying that 'you should hear...' to stop us phoning, cuz I think I've spoken to the same woman each time 😐
    But they obviously just haven't made the decisions yet, which I don't understand at all, why were there clearing places if they hadn't even made their decision yet?
    I wouldn't worry too much about your documents, as long as you've sent them they should be put with the rest of your stuff (that's what I was told had happened when I emailed mine over).

I'm worried about accommodation more than anything, because they've already been allocating rooms for nearly a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I'm completely confused! Part of me thinks they're just saying that 'you should hear...' to stop us phoning, cuz I think I've spoken to the same woman each time 😐
    But they obviously just haven't made the decisions yet, which I don't understand at all, why were there clearing places if they hadn't even made their decision yet?
    I wouldn't worry too much about your documents, as long as you've sent them they should be put with the rest of your stuff (that's what I was told had happened when I emailed mine over).

I'm worried about accommodation more than anything, because they've already been allocating rooms for nearly a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It does sound a bit dodgy. I'm worried because I emailed the course admissions man after I sent my documents and got an automated reply that he was away until Wednesday! Maybe we actually will hear when he returns. This wait is scaring me though.

As for the rooms...the site definitely says as long as applied by 1st August (deadline) and accepted an unconditional place there, we're guaranteed a room. So I'll kick up a fuss if we haven't been given one.

I really just want to know what's going on.

ReputationRep:
    It does sound a bit dodgy. I'm worried because I emailed the course admissions man after I sent my documents and got an automated reply that he was away until Wednesday! Maybe we actually will hear when he returns. This wait is scaring me though.

As for the rooms...the site definitely says as long as applied by 1st August (deadline) and accepted an unconditional place there, we're guaranteed a room. So I'll kick up a fuss if we haven't been given one.

I really just want to know what's going on.
    See I haven't been told anything about anyone being away, but it sounds like there's a possibility that things might get sorted when everyone on the admissions team is there.. (Which will hopefully be tomorrow)
    I'm just confused as to why this wasn't sorted before results came out/when we sent our evidence to them, because everyone else heard once they'd met their conditions. I'd rather just be told that they don't really know what's happening than 'oh you should hear today/tomorrow', because I'm told that everyday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

My daughter is also still waiting to hear about her place (Reading, Primary Ed). It's even worse for her because she just missed one of her grades so she still doesn't know if she will be accepted. Nobody can explain why it's taking so long; every time she rings up she is told something different like "it's in processing", "it's a problem with the DBS form", or today "it's waiting to be stamped off" (whatever that means). And every day it's "you'll get an email today or tomorrow". The email last Friday didn't help, as it implied they didn't have enough places on the course for all the applicants (even though it is being offered in clearing). I don't think Reading appreciate just how stressful this wait is.

All her friends going to other Unis have been sorted for days and can't believe she is still waiting.

Edit to add: Someone else on the same course didn't meet her grades either (missed by quite a lot more) but apparently she was confirmed a place last Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ontherazzle)
    My daughter is also still waiting to hear about her place (Reading, Primary Ed). It's even worse for her because she just missed one of her grades so she still doesn't know if she will be accepted. Nobody can explain why it's taking so long; every time she rings up she is told something different like "it's in processing", "it's a problem with the DBS form", or today "it's waiting to be stamped off" (whatever that means). And every day it's "you'll get an email today or tomorrow". The email last Friday didn't help, as it implied they didn't have enough places on the course for all the applicants (even though it is being offered in clearing). I don't think Reading appreciate just how stressful this wait is.

All her friends going to other Unis have been sorted for days and can't believe she is still waiting.

Edit to add: Someone else on the same course didn't meet her grades either (missed by quite a lot more) but apparently she was confirmed a place last Friday!
    Exactly! The bit in bold is what I really can't understand though, I'd rather them just be straightforward rather than tell me that I'll hear today or whatever, because I spent all day Thursday & Friday refreshing ucas. I don't know if they're waiting to be 'processed' like I was told last week, or if a decision just hasn't been made :confused:

Is the person that has a place going to Reading? I've spoken to quite a few people who're waiting to hear about the same course, so there seems to be a group of people still waiting..

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! The bit in bold is what I really can't understand though, I'd rather them just be straightforward rather than tell me that I'll hear today or whatever, because I spent all day Thursday & Friday refreshing ucas. I don't know if they're waiting to be 'processed' like I was told last week, or if a decision just hasn't been made :confused:

Is the person that has a place going to Reading? I've spoken to quite a few people who're waiting to hear about the same course, so there seems to be a group of people still waiting..
    At least it's a few of us in the same boat. I've been told so many different things, was also told it wouldn't affect me not having a DBS check by the time we start! It's just worrying how some people, even without the grades, have been accepted as the above user said about her daughter's friend, and some of us are still in confusion about it all. It isn't fair.

As for the email, ontherazzle is right, it did sound like it implied their wasn't enough spaces but surely this can't be the case. They should've had this sorted ages ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Yes, it just seems they're fobbing everyone off with this "today or tomorrow" rubbish which just gets your hopes up only for them to be dashed again at 5pm each day! And yes, the person that has a place is for Reading Primary Ed, seems she got in with CCC.

I just spoke to Accommodation and apparently rooms are going quickly. I don't know where you wanted to go, but she said all the wash-basin only rooms have gone, also Childs is full, but at least they haven't started allocating accommodation to clearing candidates yet.

ReputationRep:
    At least it's a few of us in the same boat. I've been told so many different things, was also told it wouldn't affect me not having a DBS check by the time we start! It's just worrying how some people, even without the grades, have been accepted as the above user said about her daughter's friend, and some of us are still in confusion about it all. It isn't fair.

As for the email, ontherazzle is right, it did sound like it implied their wasn't enough spaces but surely this can't be the case. They should've had this sorted ages ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It did, but if that was the case, surely they wouldn't have opened for clearing? Or as you said, I would hope it would've been sorted before results came out.
    I don't really see how it's fair that we've met the conditions but we still don't even have confirmed places!

I guess all we can do is wait & see what happens tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if there's any change.. :/
    Yes, it just seems they're fobbing everyone off with this "today or tomorrow" rubbish which just gets your hopes up only for them to be dashed again at 5pm each day! And yes, the person that has a place is for Reading Primary Ed, seems she got in with CCC.

I just spoke to Accommodation and apparently rooms are going quickly. I don't know where you wanted to go, but she said all the wash-basin only rooms have gone, also Childs is full, but at least they haven't started allocating accommodation to clearing candidates yet.
    So some people heard last week, while there's a big group of us still waiting.
    I think it's completely unfair that we've met the conditions & if we do get a place, we'll end up with whatever rooms are left, when it's completely out of our control.

ReputationRep:
    They should've had this sorted ages ago.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I couldn't agree more!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering how much longer we're going to have to wait 😞

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here on decision pending?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sent my official verification to Warwick last Friday and still no response, I asked if they had received it and they just responded they will process it when received or some bull**** like that.. Tried calling in a space of 1 hour and just keeps going to automated calling and no one there. Really hope that it didn't get lost as I only have until 31st August or place is lost.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't agree more!

I'm just wondering how much longer we're going to have to wait
    No idea, but be sure to report back if you hear anything else! Ha!

ReputationRep:
    Was required ABB to get into computer science but got in with ABC
    Cant believe how leniant nottingham uni is!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No idea, but be sure to report back if you hear anything else! Ha!
    Will do :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I urgently need my clearing passport. I already got rejection from myinsurance then i've asked my firm choice to release me since 2 days ago then they said they've already sent their rejection but UCAS guys said there was no decision from Durham. It's so frustrating. University of York which i got vibal offer said they can only extend my offer till Thursday and i might not get accommodation due to this delay. I really don't know what i should do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.