The Student Room Group

Is it just me or are the AS marks really harsh this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fas
you need to get requests for script photocopies in by this Friday ( 23rd august ) - the actual remark deadline is 20th September :smile:

but what if my school's closed and i'm an AS student ?
Reply 381
Original post by krishkmistry

Email one of your teachers - I emailed my econ teacher and hes requested a photocopy of my econ exam paper
Original post by Robbie242
Email one of your teachers - I emailed my econ teacher and hes requested a photocopy of my econ exam paper

but i can't email them because school's closed!
Reply 383
but i can't email them because school's closed!

surely they have personal emails, even the school email they can take home
Just got my results and I got a D in history when I have never had anything below a B in my practice essays. I haven't got a clue what happened...

your school won't be closed surely - have you tried ringing the school up ? surely your school Office must still be working ?

i sent off my request for script photocopies today so now the waiting game begins for me ! :tongue:

failing that , email your teacher and see what they say.
Original post by G i l l
Oh, he's an odious fellar isn't he?

Indeed.

He is my father.
AS level isn't GCSE guys, you have to redefine what you mean by 'working hard'. Studying hard 3 weeks before an exam doesn't cut it, unless you are exceptional.
Original post by PromiseKim
Just got my results and I got a D in history when I have never had anything below a B in my practice essays. I haven't got a clue what happened...

Im in the same situation!!!
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
what did he do?

Well...*smirks*If you must know, he sat behind examiners, poking them with a pitchfork, singing *Oh no university for you. Failure times two. Cause I'm the nicest education minister in town.' *With a Hairspray tune to the end*
Original post by Fas
you need to get requests for script photocopies in by this Friday ( 23rd august ) - the actual remark deadline is 20th September :smile:

Hi, where did you find the information for requesting a script back and the deadline?
I think the deadline (23rd) is for priority scripts, so if your uni place is dependant on it...
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/16440-admin-guide-and-entry-codes-14-19-qualifications-2012-13.pdf page 84
Original post by imjustrach
Yes, thank you!

I was predicted AABB and I got CCCD and I literally have no idea how, I really wouldn't care if I hadn't tried but I worked my a--- off for those exams! So not only am I doomed to retake English, I also have to change Uni plans because I 'probably won't' get an A to get in anywhere.

:bricks::mob::rant:

Are you sure you worked that hard?
Reply 393
Original post by carpe diem 123
The marking for F322 is shocking. I was convinced I'd only lost one mark, and subsequently sat the actual paper a few days later which was marked by my chem teacher and she reckoned it would be around 97/100, yet I get my results and it's 123/150!

Definitely get your script photocopied and sent back and then get a remark. OCR chem is known for shoddy marking - it's such a long exam paper half the examiners loose the will to live and just fob people off with badly graded questions.

Good luck!

F322 is absolutely the hardest paper to write for. It contains 100% of the syllabus and it's just so long. I got 133, so I can't complain, but doing the mocks for that paper was a nightmare.
Original post by MeganRok
24 people in my 6th form have been kicked out today, and they are just normal students who actually worked really hard.

How strict is your sixth form?? Is it seriously corruptly messed up? Or peaceful and there's no behaviour problems whatsoever?

My sixth form is terribly bad and they are more than happy to accept anyone who fails their year.
Original post by S4LM4N
Absolutely, I just scraped 2 Bs and 1 C. The A I got was a good one though. But I expected higher :/ I worked SO hard this year

Could've worked harder?
Original post by SyedaK
Guys, just found this on one of the threads (posted in 2012). Thank you soo much. This has motivated me a lot!

Sure, it has motivated you a lot, but are you actually going to do the work necessary?

Doubt it, unless you can prove otherwise.
Original post by I like school
Woah that's so harsh kicking out anyone with a D! I swear if this was a country wide rule then half the country would be looking for a new sixth form. Does that apply even if they got like AAAD?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right! And it's not even like the schools a top sixth form, it's just average so I don't even know what they're trying to do. If you got AAAD then they'll tell you to drop the subject you got a D in lol.
Reply 398
Original post by im so academic
Sure, it has motivated you a lot, but are you actually going to do the work necessary?

Doubt it, unless you can prove otherwise.

I'll mkae sure I tell you my A2 grades. I've already started revising everyday, setting several tasks to complete by the day. If that's not working hard, then I don't know what it.
Reply 399
Original post by im so academic
Could've worked harder?

I worked to the most of my capacity, dear.

Quick Reply

Latest