Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jalouise)
    Did anyone get a second interview?
    I did. You?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get a second interview?
    Do you have any questions about the second interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winading001)
    I did. You?
    Oh did you. What was the 2nd interview about? Just the same subject?

ReputationRep:
    I did. You?
    I noticed a small amount of people did. I also did but on the board only like 6 people got a second interview, mine was awkward xD How'd yours go?

ReputationRep:
    I noticed very people did. I also did but on the board only like 6 people got a second interview, mine was awkward xD How'd yours go?
    It was enlightening. They encouraged me to change Maths to History (as an A-level option) because from what they have identified I perform extremely well in subjects that require literacy skills, (English Lit and Biology for example) but a lot more weaker in subjects that require numerical skills. (Maths and Physics). It makes sense to me because that could explain how I was able to get an A* for the B1 module but only a low a for P1. (I'm on Additional Science)

ReputationRep:
    What happened in the second interview?

ReputationRep:
    I noticed a small amount of people did. I also did but on the board only like 6 people got a second interview, mine was awkward xD How'd yours go?
    And to them, it explained why my performance in the Maths entrance exam was low but yet my performance in English Lit was high.

ReputationRep:
    And to them, it explained why my performance in the Maths entrance exam was low but yet my performance in English Lit was high.
    did you agree to do history then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffyn)
    did you agree to do history then?
    I said I would consult to my parents first about it, then I would email them back with my answer.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I it was Maths for me too! I missed the page at the back...*facepalm* I didn't see it xD My interview was a similar style to yours

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god it sounds like everyone did so well at the interview, I have a feeling I'm going to be part of the minority who aren't going to get accepted :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I it was Maths for me too! I missed the page at the back...*facepalm* I didn't see it xD My interview was a similar style to yours
    I missed that page too. After the exam some friends started talking about a "trapezium" question, I thought they were messing with me but then I realised they weren't. Luckily we still done well enough to get the interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmingjuli)
    I missed that page too. After the exam some friends started talking about a "trapezium" question, I thought they were messing with me but then I realised they weren't. Luckily we still done well enough to get the interview
    Indeed! I didn't even realise I missed out a page till today...wow. Very lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antisocialite)
    Oh my god it sounds like everyone did so well at the interview, I have a feeling I'm going to be part of the minority who aren't going to get accepted :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly, I just think that it's because the TSR is just full of students who are performing above average (mostly). How was your interview? Couldn't have been that bad.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your qualification score is based on your test marks, interview and whether you are on free school meals (or have been on free school meals in the past) or you live in a deprived area. The interview and entrance examinations are on a ration of 4:1. 4 being your exams and 1 being the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmingjuli)

Indeed! I didn't even realise I missed out a page till today...wow. Very lucky.
    I was sitting towards the very back during the entrance exams and I managed to finish everything except two qs which would have taken too long to think about. When it was time to hand in papers, I looked around and saw some people holding up papers which weren't finished. Luckily that wasn't me aha

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I just think that it's because the TSR is just full of students who are performing above average (mostly). How was your interview? Couldn't have been that bad.
    It was quite bad :c I panicked so much I started tripping over my words and my mind was completely blank bc I forgot what I learnt in history. Then she asked me questions I should know the answer to but I was like sorry what? Gah and she said good luck on your letter and I replied with "you too", it was so bad 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was sitting towards the very back during the entrance exams and I managed to finish everything except two qs which would have taken too long to think about. When it was time to hand in papers, I looked around and saw some people holding up papers which weren't finished. Luckily that wasn't me aha
    I finished what I thought was the whole paper after about 20 minutes and then just sat there waiting, thinking that I had finished

ReputationRep:
    Your qualification score is based on your test marks, interview and whether you are on free school meals (or have been on free school meals in the past) or you live in a deprived area. The interview and entrance examinations are on a ration of 4:1. 4 being your exams and 1 being the interview.
    My test marks were just below 400, I don't understand how I even got an interview really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My test marks were just below 400, I don't understand how I even got an interview really

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm in a similar position to you. I think we both just scrapped the academic threshold plus you probably performed outstandingly in one particular subject. Am I right?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.