Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ataubman)
    Oh you're the first person i've met on the same course! I applied for mayflower but was offered glen eyre. Where are you from?
    Wow, wonder how many people are actually on our course :curious:
    I'm from Berkshire in the UK- not too far from home- you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prayingkitty)
    Wow, wonder how many people are actually on our course :curious:
    I'm from Berkshire in the UK- not too far from home- you??
    I live in Surrey but am originally from France and Australia

ReputationRep:
    I live in Surrey but am originally from France and Australia
    Oh wow- I'm originally from Russia and Malaysia. (Parents are Chinese but granddad's Russian). Was Soton your firm?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow- I'm originally from Russia and Malaysia. (Parents are Chinese but granddad's Russian). Was Soton your firm?
    Ah interesting! I have been to malaysia but not russia. Surrey was my firm, Soton was my insurance. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honest croissant)
    Hey I'm studying BSc Geography here but have yet to be given an accommodation offer. Is there anyone else in the same situation as me?
    Yes same course and everything applied for accommodation way back in March so don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Ah interesting! I have been to malaysia but not russia. Surrey was my firm, Soton was my insurance. What about you?
    Cool! Birmingham was my firm but insured Soton- getting a lot of Soton insurers on this forum. That's strange you didn't get mayflower since I thought their rooms were in abundance

ReputationRep:
    Cool! Birmingham was my firm but insured Soton- getting a lot of Soton insurers on this forum. That's strange you didn't get mayflower since I thought their rooms were in abundance
    Yes but i didn't realize that we had to list them as preferences, i thought we would get an offer for each place.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but i didn't realize that we had to list them as preferences, i thought we would get an offer for each place.
    You're lucky you got Glen Eyre- that was my first choice but they've probably ran out really quickly since they're so popular

ReputationRep:
    You're lucky you got Glen Eyre- that was my first choice but they've probably ran out really quickly since they're so popular
    Oh, we'll see which one's the best in the end

ReputationRep:
    Oh, we'll see which one's the best in the end
    Hopefully we get good flatmates

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we get good flatmates
    Hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    You're not true Southamptonians if it wasn't your firm choice. Sorry girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moasis)
    I am studying geophysics as well!
    Nice one! Any idea what geophysics actually is? Also which halls are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danb396)
    Nice one! Any idea what geophysics actually is? Also which halls are you in?
    I just usually just say physics applied to the earth as nobody knows what the course is! I haven't heard anything from accommodation mine still has the status of 'submitted'. Which is starting to stress me out a bit especially since so many have already been allocated to other people! I can't even get on the website at the moment because it's too busy! Never mind, where abouts are you from then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kezzajezza96)
    Well it was my insurance already and a month or so I decided I preferred soton because it was considerably cheaper than York (a few hundred pounds cheaper!) And because it offers the option to study abroad which I really want
    Lol that makes sense I wanted to do that too but don't think it's part of my course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karishmaashikap)
    Lol that makes sense I wanted to do that too but don't think it's part of my course

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no :/ I thought all/most courses had the option to at some point?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no :/ I thought all/most courses had the option to at some point?
    To be honest, I have no idea... Got placement in third year though so hopefully I'll be able to go abroad...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I have no idea... Got placement in third year though so hopefully I'll be able to go abroad...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh nice yeah I think most give you the chance to study abroad- a placent abroad would be even better!

ReputationRep:
    Oh nice yeah I think most give you the chance to study abroad- a placent abroad would be even better!
    That's what I was thinking...either go abroad or find one near home lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was thinking...either go abroad or find one near home lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah either way its good experience

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2014
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.