Law 2007 - Where are you applying? Watch

Purple
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Whats your insurance going to be?

I am still looking for something to replace UCL.
Stick Man
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It may well be QMUL. I'm not sure about the area, but I'd probably end up living somewhere like that if I went to a London uni anyway.

May I ask why you're looking to replace UCL instead of Kings?
Purple
I've always wanted to go to Kings, I only put UCL down because its in London.
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
all this london talk lol

mark out of LSE/KCL/UCL i'd prob put it in pref of KCL-LSE-UCL
Purple
It's either Newcastle, Northumbria or UCL now. I dont want to do my degree in Newcastle though as thats where I want to work as its a commutable distance from where I live.
Katy200
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think i am going to apply for Lancaster and Chester as my tope two. Chester is more realsitic grade wise for me.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Katy200)
I think i am going to apply for Lancaster and Chester as my tope two. Chester is more realsitic grade wise for me.
woo Lancaster!!
umarf786
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
What do you think of my choices :::

Oxford (AAA)

UCL (AAA)

Durham (AAA)

Queen's Mary (AAB)

Hull (ABB)

Surrey (300-320 points) - ABB, BBB, ABC, AAD

................................ ..................

The problem I had was that I am doing Media Studies as well and most top uni's for law don't accept it.. Thankfully, the above 6 do, and I had to ring them up.

I got AAB as AS, in Govt and Politics, Media and Law.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kirstinx)
It's either Newcastle, Northumbria or UCL now. I dont want to do my degree in Newcastle though as thats where I want to work as its a commutable distance from where I live.
kirst if u wanna go to Newc then go, forget about where ure gona work in 7-8yrs time, u could end up working in Birmingham of London or sumthin u never know.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by umarf786)

Oxford (AAA)

UCL (AAA)

Durham (AAA)

Queen's Mary (AAB)

Hull (ABB)

The problem I had was that I am doing Media Studies as well and most top uni's for law don't accept it.. Thankfully, the above 6 do, and I had to ring them up.

that all looks pretty good to me.
Katy200
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
also the uni is where you will spend three years of your life so the place has got to be right as well.
umarf786
Report 12 years ago
I actually support Newcastle United.. and wanted to apply to Newcastle.. but I think Durham is better isn't it??

+ I can drive down to Newcastle.. its not far.

Also, does anyone know anything about Surrey.. and also.. being from Bradford.. only Durham and Hull are close.

Leeds ask for AAA, but they are 6th in Times guides, I chose UCL over them, as they are 3rd..

What do you advise???
guccilittlepiggy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Oxford (AAA)

UCL (AAA)

Durham (AAA)

Queen's Mary (AAB)

Hull (ABB)

in all honesty. i think you're aiming too high. those first 3/4 are very competitive.
Stick Man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kirstinx)
Durham is like 15 minutes' train journey from Newcastle/Northumbria with frequent services from 3+ different train operators. I am surprised that you would say one was in the wrong place for you but not the other.
Stick Man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Oxford (AAA)

UCL (AAA)

Durham (AAA)

Queen's Mary (AAB)

Hull (ABB)

I'd double-check how likely the likes of Oxford/UCL/Durham are to consider people with grades below their standard AAA offer at AS Level. [speculation] Maybe if you do well in the LNAT. [/speculation]

Kings College London is a top law school about 15 minutes' walk from UCL and offer AABb as standard: maybe you could consider them?
Purple
From what I have seen from the 2 Durham is completely different from Newcastle.
Stick Man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't disagree, but your post was talking more about commuting distances.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Oxford (AAA)

UCL (AAA)

Durham (AAA)

Queen's Mary (AAB)

Hull (ABB)

woah i didnt even look at ure AS's i jsut assumed oxford AAA i was simply impressed u'd included an insurance. Umm personally i wouldn't judge oxford as one of those places that you apply to to aim for AAA when u didnt get AAA at AS, like people have already said, you have AABc at AS. KCL i think would be a better option instead of UCL and/or Ox.
umarf786
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mtbab)
woah i didnt even look at ure AS's i jsut assumed oxford AAA i was simply impressed u'd included an insurance. Umm personally i wouldn't judge oxford as one of those places that you apply to to aim for AAA when u didnt get AAA at AS, like people have already said, you have AABc at AS. KCL i think would be a better option instead of UCL and/or Ox.
The problem is KCL asks for AABb .. and I've got AABc .. its that AS grade that is limiting me.

I've rung up Oxford.. and UCL and also Durham.. and all of them have said that firstly.. they loook at my GCSE's and A's and B's are a must. Then they look at my A2 Predicted. .. and Im predicted AAA, then Personal statement and the reference, LNAT and finally the AS grades. But they told me.. AAB was ok, and my reference will state that I was 4 marks off an A in law ...

I personally think its worth a go.. My P.S is going to be really good and I'm confident of recieving an offer from the Top 3..
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The problem is KCL asks for AABb .. and I've got AABc .. its that AS grade that is limiting me.

I've rung up Oxford.. and UCL and also Durham.. and all of them have said that firstly.. they loook at my GCSE's and A's and B's are a must. Then they look at my A2 Predicted. .. and Im predicted AAA, then Personal statement and the reference, LNAT and finally the AS grades. But they told me.. AAB was ok, and my reference will state that I was 4 marks off an A in law ...

I personally think its worth a go.. My P.S is going to be really good and I'm confident of recieving an offer from the Top 3..
ohh ure pred AAA well y didnt u say so lol. meh i gues so, but r u sure about applyin to those those v v competitive course. Can i ask, why surrey?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed