The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by libertinegirl96
A couple of people from my school got their offers through Monday and yesterday? I got mine Monday...

I've had nothing yet. :frown: But I know offers are coming.
University of York
York
Reply 381
Original post by KarynStew
Sent mine off a month ago and still nothing, then my friend sent off hers after and got an offer within a week! The anxiety from waiting is getting to me now...

I seriously think it is to do with the departments...what have you applied for?
Reply 382
Original post by SuperSah
Still waiting.

Been over three weeks since I had the interview. I do wonder what's keeping them.

I reckon you'll receive the decision by next week. Remember, they were closed for about 2 weeks.
Original post by CescaD96
I seriously think it is to do with the departments...what have you applied for?

Both of us have applied for Film and Television Production.. It's just the waiting, I'm just the sort of person that needs to have everything organised so I guess it's off putting when it's out of my hands :smile:
Yeah, should hopefully hear back soon!

Looking at 2014/2013 students, December interviews mostly got decisions on the 8th-10th of Jan, on both years!

So maybe it'll be similar this year?
Reply 385
Original post by KarynStew
Both of us have applied for Film and Television Production.. It's just the waiting, I'm just the sort of person that needs to have everything organised so I guess it's off putting when it's out of my hands :smile:

Ooh, that's annoying. I'm the same. I just want it to be over with.
Ooh, that's annoying. I'm the same. I just want it to be over with.

Same! I feel like I can't properly focus until I hear from them all. :frown:
I'm looking forward to the visit day at York! I put it down as a bit of a wild card on my UCAS after a lot of research but the more I've found out about it the more I love the sound of it :biggrin:
Reply 388
Original post by bethblur
Same! I feel like I can't properly focus until I hear from them all. :frown:

We both applied around the same time, didn't we? Gah, I just want to know!
We both applied around the same time, didn't we? Gah, I just want to know!

Yeah, 8th December. Not a clue what's going on. Didn't know York was one of those unis that took long. Makes me think I must be a middling applicant :/
Reply 390
Original post by bethblur
Yeah, 8th December. Not a clue what's going on. Didn't know York was one of those unis that took long. Makes me think I must be a middling applicant :/

Same. I know that mine has to go through two departments cause I've applied for a joint honours but this is mad.
Reply 391
Yeah, should hopefully hear back soon!

Looking at 2014/2013 students, December interviews mostly got decisions on the 8th-10th of Jan, on both years!

So maybe it'll be similar this year?

Probably! But History/History and Politics applicants, it's quite varied...
Probably! But History/History and Politics applicants, it's quite varied...

Did you interview for that or was it given to you?
Reply 393
Did you interview for that or was it given to you?

I didn't interview and I'm still waiting for a response.
York seems to just take an age to reply to anyone and everyone
(edited 9 years ago)
So....... What do you guys think about the colleges?
Reply 396
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
So....... What do you guys think about the colleges?

Seeing now that I probably won't be firming York (at least; if I get an offer,) I've not really looked at them since the summer holidays. But I liked Derwent and it has mixed reactions on the York holders thread.
Reply 397
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
York seems to just take an age to reply to anyone and everyone

I got a response in a month which I would have said was quick. Then again I've also applied to St Andrews and Edinburgh and they haven't replied after 3 months and I probably won't hear from them until March...
Reply 398
Original post by emcat
I got a response in a month which I would have said was quick. Then again I've also applied to St Andrews and Edinburgh and they haven't replied after 3 months and I probably won't hear from them until March...

St Andrews have told me that they'll probably get back to me in February, and I reckon that now will happen as they emailed me a few days ago about my fees status.
Original post by emcat

Just seems strange that almost no one gets a reply on this thread about it. Maybe it's just us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending