Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BM6 Southampton applicants for 2015 entry Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M!lad)
    Have people received confirmations that they passed the primary screening i.e. met the eligibility criteria?
    Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomango)
    Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok so it's not just me 😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M!lad)
    Have people received confirmations that they passed the primary screening i.e. met the eligibility criteria?
    It'd be too much hassle for them, i think it's just a matter of them handing out interviews to a select amount after assessing applicants and thats it really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me neither.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCO)
    It'd be too much hassle for them, i think it's just a matter of them handing out interviews to a select amount after assessing applicants and thats it really

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yhh probably, but on the email it said we should hear before end of December which had me worried 😅

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I never received the eligibility forms when they were first handed out. Did anyone else experience this problem?

I now have now received them via the student room and have an extension until next week.

Did you post them or scan them through email?

I have 5/6 of the criteria do you think this will enhance my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanne9495)
    Hi guys,

I never received the eligibility forms when they were first handed out. Did anyone else experience this problem?

I now have now received them via the student room and have an extension until next week.

Did you post them or scan them through email?

I have 5/6 of the criteria do you think this will enhance my application?
    Hi,

No I haven't received that problem but I scanned mine through email by replying to the email that it was sent through.

Anyone who has less than 3 doesn't meet the criteria. If you have 3 or more your application is treated equally. This is the same as if you meet the entry grade criteria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know the cut off for the ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An4w42)
    There isn't a Ukcat cut off, they take it into consideration with all your other stats e.g personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    There isn't a Ukcat cut off, they take it into consideration with all your other stats e.g personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The UKCAT is only really used when 2 very similar applicants need to be decided between. :yes:. Personal statement is what decides if you get an interview and it really important, UKCAT not so much :nah:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    The UKCAT is only really used when 2 very similar applicants need to be decided between. :yes:. Personal statement is what decides if you get an interview and it really important, UKCAT not so much :nah:.
    Ok. Do you know when southampton will start filtering and rejecting /interview places for this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Do you know when southampton will start filtering and rejecting /interview places for this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicin...ay_dates.page?
    Tuesday 9 December 2014 ----------------------BM4/A101 applicants
    Thursday 11 December 2014 --------------------BM4/A101 applicants
    Wednesday 21 January 2015 --------------------BM5/A100 Mature Non Graduate applicants
    Tuesday 27 January 2015-------------------------BM5/A100 applicants
    Thursday 29 January 2015 -----------------------BM5/A100 applicants
    Monday 2 February 2015 -------------------------BM5/A100 applicants
    Friday 6 February 2015 ---------------------------BM5/A100 applicants
    Tuesday 10 February 2015 -----------------------BM5/A100 Overseas applicants
    Friday 13 February 2015 -------------------------BM5/A100 applicants
    Tuesday 24 February 2015------------------------BM5/A100 Graduate applicants
    Friday 27 February 2015----------------------BM6/A102 applicants
    Friday 6 March 2015 --------------------------BM6/A102 applicants
    Invitations for interview go out around 2 weeks before the interview date. Rejections don't tend to happen until later in the year (i.e there are rarely any before the interviews have happened).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicin...ay_dates.page?

Invitations for interview go out around 2 weeks before the interview date. Rejections don't tend to happen until later in the year (i.e there are rarely any before the interviews have happened).

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when they start to give out pre interview rejections
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when they start to give out pre interview rejections
    Literally answered this 2 posts ago :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an acknowledgment email yet? I haven't Might have to give them a call tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Dunnoe about you guys but I received an acknowledgement email back in November.

ReputationRep:
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for my offfer

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.