Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So confused! How do people know if they get bursaries already?! 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayjay23)
    So confused! How do people know if they get bursaries already?! 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had one last year so I'm assuming I'll get one again this year.. But this isn't always the case

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayjay23)
    So confused! How do people know if they get bursaries already?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look on your university website to see if you meet the requirements for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And yet another case of "go home student finance, you're drunk"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not that bad considering I am going to be studying in London. My parents probably won't provide any financial assistance unless I really really need it which probably won't happen since I'm getting enough if I get into that university.

If I got into my insurance I probably would get something like 60-80% lower than this, due to it's location, the fact I'm living at home and the fact that I wouldn't qualify for many of the scholarships or bursaries at my insurance due to not firming it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David B)
    Look on your university website to see if you meet the requirements for them
    I'm getting one through the National Progression Bursary I got the National Scholarship Bursary last year.

ReputationRep:
    Finally sorted out my budget I'll have £525.25 a month (minus November and December as I get the bursary at the end of October which will take it up to £725.25) but after I've paid everything out that I need to; I'll be left with £155 a month or £38.75 per week

ReputationRep:
    Only been awarded the basic maintenance loan so far. I sent the income variance form back via recorded delivery over a week ago and I'm still awaiting the response to see if I'm getting anymore. I haven't had the best experience with SFE... I sent my form of in March and I'm still being backlogged now.

ReputationRep:
    Maintenance Loan: £4168
    Maintenance Grant: None!
    Bursaries: None!
    Scholarships: Nothing
    Savings: About £7000, but I am saving this up and hopefully won't have to touch it through uni and will use it during my post grad
    Money from Parents: If I need anything they will help me out!

Accommodation Cost: £5,500 approx, parents are paying £5000 and i am paying £500
    Weekly spend after Accommodation: about £112 a month

Any money that I don't spend I will be putting into my ISA and any money that I earn from a job that I get while at uni will go there too! I'm hoping to not have to rely on my parents too much and i'm sure I won't have to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthtome)
    Maintenance Loan: £4168
    Maintenance Grant: None!
    Bursaries: None!
    Scholarships: Nothing
    Savings: About £7000, but I am saving this up and hopefully won't have to touch it through uni and will use it during my post grad
    Money from Parents: If I need anything they will help me out!

Accommodation Cost: £5,500 approx, parents are paying £5000 and i am paying £500
    Weekly spend after Accommodation: about £112 a month

Any money that I don't spend I will be putting into my ISA and any money that I earn from a job that I get while at uni will go there too! I'm hoping to not have to rely on my parents too much and i'm sure I won't have to!
    "parents are paying £5000"

:iiam:

ReputationRep:
    "parents are paying £5000"

:iiam:
    Using money from remortgaging the house so that they can pay for the accommodation for me and my brother! I really appreciate them doing that and I don't want to have to ask them for anything else, I know that I am really lucky and I'm really thankful for it!

ReputationRep:

Maintenance Loan: £7128
    Maintenance Grant: £3387
    Bursaries: £2000 (might)
    Scholarships: £3000 (might)
    Savings: zero
    Money from Parents:
    not so sure

Accommodation Cost: £8960 (£224 per week for 40 weeks)
    Weekly spend after Accommodation: didn't count lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just about enough to get me some water and a pair of knickers :P x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xLittleMissyx)
    Just about enough to get me some water and a pair of knickers :P x
    No Bra!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered, what is the average debt for a UK student? (Excluding Scotland) as tuition is free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-Rooney)
    I've always wondered, what is the average debt for a UK student? (Excluding Scotland) as tuition is free.
    I was researching that today .Apparently it's atleast 50,000
    How they got to that value ,I don't know -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No Bra!!!!!!!!!!!!??????
    I hate wearing bras haha :P I love the feeling of freedom x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livealittle)
    Well if you think about it currently, most people are at uni for 3 years paying £9000 a year, plus minimum maintenance loan of £3500 a year. So that makes a minimum loan of about £37500. The top maintenance loan is about £7000 a year, which would make a total loan of £48000. This is still below but if you take into account all the people doing 4 year courses or for certain courses more years, that would bring the average up, plus the amount you get in London is increased. It seems like a reasonable figure.

The person who calculated that probably did a bit more research than me and probably had more figures to hand, like how many students were doing 3 years or 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    Finally sorted out my budget I'll have £525.25 a month (minus November and December as I get the bursary at the end of October which will take it up to £725.25) but after I've paid everything out that I need to; I'll be left with £155 a month or £38.75 per week
    Based on spending what on food? Or have you not included that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livealittle)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? That's crazy lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrietROAR)
    Based on spending what on food? Or have you not included that
    I'm living at home... So my board money goes towards food.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.