Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wooo got an email from Christ's saying I've been selected for Interview
    My BMAT isnt great though, so Im worried that despite the interview I might not get an offer, and my UMS is 95 which seems to be lower than the average of most colleges

Anyone have the info on who Christ's give offers to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elishaclark2)
    Congratulations, that's a very good score! hopefully the majority of us will be interviewed now have you seen the stats for last years John's med applicants?
    Thanks! My scores not exceedingly well, but I would say that they're about average.
    Your BMAT score is very good and your stats are also brill, so I would be very surprised if you don't get an interview!
    Yeah I have looked at the stats for last year, and I'm slightly more relieved that a lot of people got offers with 5s in S1 and S2 in their BMAT.

Do interview invites get sent by email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Thanks! My scores not exceedingly well, but I would say that they're about average.
    Your BMAT score is very good and your stats are also brill, so I would be very surprised if you don't get an interview!
    Yeah I have looked at the stats for last year, and I'm slightly more relieved that a lot of people got offers with 5s in S1 and S2 in their BMAT.

Do interview invites get sent by email?
    Still no message from Downing... Have they thrown my application because my scores are sub-standard??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCMed96)
    Still no message from Downing... Have they thrown my application because my scores are sub-standard??
    Has anyone else applying to Downing heard? You've still got this week left. I haven't heard either yet so I'm in the same position as you right now...
    About 70 people have applied to Downing and probably 55-60 will get interviewed. The chance of you getting an interview is quite high. Are your S1 S2 scores in the 5s?

ReputationRep:
    received an interview at christ's today! I'm worried because compared to you lot my BMAT isn't as high...

5.7 6.9 4A
    99.4ums average across 3 sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eglande)
    received an interview at christ's today! I'm worried because compared to you lot my BMAT isn't as high...

5.7 6.9 4A
    99.4ums average across 3 sciences
    But your ums average is high enough to kill me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCMed96)
    But your ums average is high enough to kill me
    ahaha thanks, but I have realised i probs made a mistake applying to Christ's..i didnt realise it had quite such an academic reputation so bmat is a worry:/

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview from Christ's as well!
    UMS average 97.7
    BMAT: 7.6 6.3 3.5A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master219)
    I actually sent all colleges in cam an email about stats for the most recent cambridge medical UCAS cycle (2013/2014) for that college (including the UMS %, BMAT scores and GCSEs) of candidates that were interviewed, not interviewed and given an offer. Downing college replied and gave me the stats in an excel spreadsheet (about 56 candidates inc. in total). If u want i can post it here, I think itd be quite useful for u?
    If any one else wants any other spreadsheets like these, ask me, i might have some of them, but bare in mind not all colleges replied so i only happen to hav it for a few. Ill comment l8r which ones replied if any one wants them
    Thank you so much for this data! I love applicants 6 & 10 on the downing spreadsheet Hopefully if BMAT scores are a little down this year I should be OKish! But we shall see, thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Any guesses on what it will be for an A, B or C in the Cambridge scoring system?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Selwyn

ReputationRep:
    Any idea what the A and B grade ranges were last year? I read on the Downing website that you need at least a B grade or above to get called for interview

ReputationRep:
    Trinity Interview! 12th at 12:40pm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprocrastinator)
    Any idea what the A and B grade ranges were last year? I read on the Downing website that you need at least a B grade or above to get called for interview
    I think a B tends to be roughly over 5. Then an A is roughly over 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    I think a B tends to be roughly over 5. Then an A is roughly over 6.
    So I assume 5.4 and 5.7 would be B grades?

I'm so annoyed I didn't match the scores I got in my papers -.-

ReputationRep:

That's what I would guess, but I don't actually know.

ReputationRep:

Whenever I did my interview last year I peeked over the sheet and saw my BMAT grades as B+ B+(5.9 5.8). So presumably B is further divided into two parts with 5.5+ being B+?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hear from St John's yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docemm)
    Anyone hear from St John's yet?
    Not yet, hopefully we will hear back today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elishaclark2)
    Not yet, hopefully we will hear back today
    I haven't heard back either... Maybe tomorrow?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.