Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mukkamoto)
    got rejected

shame they pull out this VR stunt after applying
    i'm sorry to hear that! did you get rejected today?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axc247)
    What a nightmare! I reckon the cosupervisor would be your best bet. Seeing as the hospital work was part of a masters, she should be just as able to confirm that you completed it/the hours that you did?

Which uni are you at btw? I'm also from a psychology background

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Manchester but had my graduation yesterday so all finished which uni do you go to?

Yeah such a nightmare! Its so frustrating as I think it always makes the student look bad because they're hardly going to think that a member of staff is going to be the one causing the problems!

Have contacted my cosupervisor so fingers crossed, they don't give you too long to contact all your referees do they? (aware I should probably have done it prior the this point..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome_Alien)
    I agree, this guys sounds like an utter penis. I would put your co-supervisor down, I don't think Warwick would care or look into whether she isn't employed by the trust. I mean they have 400+ referees to contact.
    As above, I'm working on the basis that - odds are - they probably won't contact any of my referees. Also, if everyone's referees are as flaky (about admin) as mine are, then I can imagine warwick will have to show a degree of leniency when it comes to verifying all of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceciafb)
    Just told my friend who interviewed with warwick that they'd changed to MMI and he said 'good, the old style interview was s**t and boring' so I suppose we can count ourselves lucky this year?
    He's not wrong. I hated the interview and it seemed very inconsistent (some interviewers were lovely and others were really annoying).

I'm curious as to whether any of the other stations will remain (the group session and the written exercise). I quite liked both of them when I did it.

ReputationRep:
    So am I right in thinking everyone is including their training in the hours for work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santi_92)
    So am I right in thinking everyone is including their training in the hours for work experience?
    Not sure I would. It's not actual work experience and your supervisor might give a different figure when pressed?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    if I withdraw from my interview, does somebody else get my place?

I'm reconsidering studying in the UK due to financial circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yurilein93)
    Hello,

I assume so, since myself and a few others have been put on a waiting list where we find out about interviews in January. So I presume they will offer it to one of these people. Sorry to hear that you are having to reconsider!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth me putting down my current role as a medical secretary down on the form? I'm working directly with doctors and nurses and have been chatting to them about their daily jobs and have actually learnt tonnes about the admin side of the nhs and also the interface between private companies and the NHS, but I haven't done anything patient-facing so I'm not sure if it'll look silly and irrelevant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceciafb)
    Is it worth me putting down my current role as a medical secretary down on the form? I'm working directly with doctors and nurses and have been chatting to them about their daily jobs and have actually learnt tonnes about the admin side of the nhs and also the interface between private companies and the NHS, but I haven't done anything patient-facing so I'm not sure if it'll look silly and irrelevant?
    I definitely think so. There is a 'medical related' or sth like that option towards the very bottom so think they would expect you to include it for the reasons you listed.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that Yuri. But then I'm sure studying in Germany will be brilliant too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axc247)
    I assume so, since myself and a few others have been put on a waiting list where we find out about interviews in January. So I presume they will offer it to one of these people. Sorry to hear that you are having to reconsider!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I thought so too. I will have some intense thinking sessions and conversations over Christmas. I don't think it would do any good to anyone if I just attended the interview if I feel I should not get an offer and study there, and if someone else who's got a good chance actually but missed the UKCAT cutoff only slightly stands a good chance of getting a place.

(Original post by aGEMapplicant)
    I'm sorry to hear that Yuri. But then I'm sure studying in Germany will be brilliant too.
    Holy mackerel who from UCL are you, haha! I'll inbox you!
    #EDIT aw sorry it's you! :P yep I was thinking of what you said when I posted my question. What a failure then that I didn't come to the conclusion that aGEMapplicant is you. :P

ReputationRep:
    Holy mackerel who from UCL are you, haha! I'll inbox you!
    #EDIT aw sorry it's you! :P yep I was thinking of what you said when I posted my question. What a failure then that I didn't come to the conclusion that aGEMapplicant is you. :P
    Haha yes. It's meeeee.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else had any difficulties with the software with the third experience on the survey monkey form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eljl)
    Has anybody else had any difficulties with the software with the third experience on the survey monkey form?
    Yeah, on mine the dates changed from d/m/y to m/d/y then changed back for the 4th form

ReputationRep:
    Ok, quick question. What are you guys doing about additional work experience? So was thinking of combining shadowing placements within same trust for purposes of the survey, but handing in seperate confirmation letters for each. Is that too keen-y?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aGEMapplicant)
    Ok, quick question. What are you guys doing about additional work experience? So was thinking of combining shadowing placements within same trust for purposes of the survey, but handing in seperate confirmation letters for each. Is that too keen-y?
    You can do that I suppose but I really don't think it's going to score you any additional points or benefit you in any way. Might as well save the time

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what people think in terms of the turnaround after Selection Centre. If we get offers by the 31st March we have to reply by 6th May instead of 4th June. I would think they'd prefer to know if we're taking them sooner rather than later, but to process 380 applicants in 2 weeks...?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many are interviewed at warwick? And how many offers made to fill 164 places?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.