Leeds Dentistry 2015 Applications Watch

Beani
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bwade92)
Woo, got an offer from Leeds. Any other graduates got offers?
Yeh! I'm a graduate with an offer! do you have any offers from other places?
bwade92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Beani)
Yeh! I'm a graduate with an offer! do you have any offers from other places?
No just Leeds atm, haven't heard anything from Newcastle yet so expecting a rejection. what about you? Thoughts on accommodation- halls or private?
ToolsOfTheTrade
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was looking at the Tannery it looks pretty good if you want self catered and an en suite bathroom, sentinel towers is another one and is a bit smaller if you like that sort of thing. Both are about a 15 min walk from the dental school so that not too bad!!
bwade92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ToolsOfTheTrade)
I was looking at the Tannery it looks pretty good if you want self catered and an en suite bathroom, sentinel towers is another one and is a bit smaller if you like that sort of thing. Both are about a 15 min walk from the dental school so that not too bad!!
Yeah definitely looking for self catered, I was catered at Liverpool for my first degree and it was awful. Double beds and en suite sounds good as well!
Rosie2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know if concept place accommodation is nice? It's in the same bit as the tannery and sentinel towers so is fairly close to the dental school
rach_96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anybody else got an access to leeds offer?
Geekslovefood
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rach_96)
Has anybody else got an access to leeds offer?
I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
rach_96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Geekslovefood)
I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are you feeling about the access to leeds programme thing we have to do?
meena_makiz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you guys started looking at accommodations yet? Which is the best one?
Geekslovefood
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rach_96)
How are you feeling about the access to leeds programme thing we have to do?
I don't mind it. I think it's brilliantly helpful. In all honesty I haven't looked at it yet. Do you know when we start it though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
dntl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys, so I am basically in year 12 and want to apply through the access to leeds scheme, I just wanted to know if it lowers your GCSEs requirements since I didn't do great in my GCSEs? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]
Geekslovefood
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dntl)
Hey guys, so I am basically in year 12 and want to apply through the access to leeds scheme, I just wanted to know if it lowers your GCSEs requirements since I didn't do great in my GCSEs? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
[/QUOTE]

As far as I know I'm not sure it does? But just to be sure have a look on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImAz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dntl)

Posted from TSR Mobile
[/QUOTE]

For Access to Leeds students they do not look at your GCSE's they use a matriculation standard or something meaning all you need is a C in GCSE maths.

However this is in general. For dentistry Leeds needs a minimum of B's across the board but it's definitely more realistic to have A's or A* across the board with a few Bs in there.

So it probably does lower your GCSE requirement but phone the A2L programme to find out for sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile
RP1996
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anybody made a specific group for Leeds Dentistry 2015 on fb?

If so please link it
rach_96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Geekslovefood)
I don't mind it. I think it's brilliantly helpful. In all honesty I haven't looked at it yet. Do you know when we start it though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea! Im presuming summer maybe?
still winning
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For all those feeling down after a rejection. Read this as it's a true story which happened to me. I received all four interviews that I applied for and was over the moon I thought all I need was just 1 offer. Beat this I blew them all as I just couldn't shine in the way they wanted at the interviews and was rejected by all for universities. I was on the floor and seriously couldn't get up with those knock out punches. I loved dentistry so much and it's all I
Ever wanted to do so I even went as far as thinking of applying to Prague. I knuckled down and come 14th August 2014 I got 4 straight A* and guess what all four universities that rejected me rang me to offer me a place during the course of the morning. I am at Leeds in my first year and loving every minute. Please do not loose hope and just knuckle down.
meena_makiz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by still winning)
For all those feeling down after a rejection. Read this as it's a true story which happened to me. I received all four interviews that I applied for and was over the moon I thought all I need was just 1 offer. Beat this I blew them all as I just couldn't shine in the way they wanted at the interviews and was rejected by all for universities. I was on the floor and seriously couldn't get up with those knock out punches. I loved dentistry so much and it's all I
Ever wanted to do so I even went as far as thinking of applying to Prague. I knuckled down and come 14th August 2014 I got 4 straight A* and guess what all four universities that rejected me rang me to offer me a place during the course of the morning. I am at Leeds in my first year and loving every minute. Please do not loose hope and just knuckle down.
Thats so lovely! I'm really really happy for you! PLEASE tell me how you managed the 4A*s?!
How are you finding Leeds? Which accommodation would you recommend?
still winning
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Loving leeds. I'm a local lad so still with mum and dad so can't recommend any accommodation as for the A* honestly hard work and leave the rest to Allah (swt). If it's in ones destiny then nobody can take it away from you.
lois griffin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A few people on this thread have mentioned accommodation choices. People I have mentored have gone to Leeds and what I would say is that it is worth going to the Accommodation Viewing Day, usually held in April???? Not only will you get the opportunity to view the various Halls, hopefully you will get even more excited about studying in Leeds and this will give you further motivation to that last push for great A level results. PLEASE NOTE that all the accommodation close to Uni is massively oversubscribed, especially self catered.....however, if you are disappointed with your allocation (after A level results day) DO NOT WORRY - all Leeds Uni accommodation is of a very high standard. I know medics and dentists who were allocated accommodation further out of town and they had a fab first year and with hindsight would not "have changed anything for the World"
susanjan123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just stumbled across this thread- alhamdulillah a offer holder at Leeds (conditional) :|
Was wondering who is coming to the accommodation viewing on the 25th April?
Need the damn grades so badly but physics is slowly tearing my soul apart -___-

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise