Nutrition and Dietetics applicants for 2015 Watch

cleanslate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Golde)
Hi guys does anyone know the likeliness of the unis accepting you for dietetics if you don't get the grades? As it is a competitive course does it mean you're more likely to be rejected if you don't reach predicted grades?

Ps Im trying to chose my firm and insurance!
This probably doesn't help your cause, but I think it varies from uni to uni. Nottingham told me there were always possibilities, whereas I got the impression from some others that there was no flexibility. I think some courses oversubscribe and thus rarely go into clearing.
Harry Potter's sidekick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone else firmed Hertfordshire uni?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
GeorgiaPuckett
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jg21)
Has anyone firmed and insured yet? I've firmed Surrey and insured Nottingham! Any Surrey firmers let me know as we might be seeing each other in September
I have also firmed surrey!
minihay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello all,
I'm on an Access to Science course and applied to Cardiff, Kings and London Met. I received all my offers within a week and am going to firm Cardiff with London Met as insurance.
Cardiff and Kings asked for all distinctions in Bio and Chem and Merits in Psychology whereas Met only want 75% distinctions in 1 science (how can their entry requirements be so different and low!!).
Really loved Kings and would love, love to go there but I've got kids and it means uprooting them whereas I can commute to Cardiff.
Someone on my course asked Cardiff and Plymouth if there is any flexibility on grades as they got a merit instead of a distinction in 1 biology module and were told that it might be okay but they would have to wait until all the grades are out on A' Level results day before they can confirm.
Looking forward to seeing Cardiff people in September
Megamoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter's sidekick)
Anyone else firmed Hertfordshire uni?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was their interview like? I've got one next Tuesday (late, I know!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
VanessaGeorgina
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Megamoo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this question wasn't directed for me, but I had my interview in Hertfordshire in January
It starts with a English and maths test ... Pretty basic stuff, so nothing to worry about. Then there's a group interview followed by an individual. As long as you know why you want to be a Dietitian and what qualities make a good Dietitian, you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Harry Potter's sidekick
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow they are still doing interviews? Yeah, I agree with the above comment. It was pretty chilled. The people were really nice! Just remember that the lecturers/interviewers want you to do well as much as you want to. So don't feel too worried/nervous. Maybe brush up on long division and know your stuff about the role of a dietitian, and you'll be fine Also try to make your voice heard (even once) during the group interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Golde
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've just firmed Surrey and made Nottingham my insurance 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
channies
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jg21)
Surrey firmers, what accommodation are you putting down?
Band D is my first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
cleanslate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Firmed Nottingham with Herts as insurance. Can't wait!
Harry Potter's sidekick
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cleanslate)
Firmed Nottingham with Herts as insurance. Can't wait!
Nice!! We finally both made our decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
cleanslate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter's sidekick)
Nice!! We finally both made our decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It took me a while!
Harry Potter's sidekick
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cleanslate)
It took me a while!
I think I always had my eye on Herts, but getting an offer from Nottingham threw a small spanner in the works because where there is an option there's just so much opportunity for indecision. Too much comparing I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chriss19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got into Coventry Dietetics, anyone else hit me up!
yasminfareed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys,
I am intending to apply to dietetics next year, but have a Canadian qualification instead. I'm actually currently studying Nutrition in Austria, but will have trouble with the credit transfer later on, so I thought that applying for a bachelor's degree would increase my chances. According to the King's Website, my 85% average with all sciences included with As are equivalent to an AAB/ABB in A levels. I'm mostly really worried that most universities won't accept my qualification and will penalise me for having already started uni. I've applied for a shadowing program and have numerous voluntary experiences though. I'm also a little worried that being an EU citizen, it would be more difficult to get into rather than the UK due to the NHS funding.

Any opinions on this? Will be grateful for any replies. Thanks!
anni101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know how flexible kings are if you missed the results slightly i.e. got ABB instead of AAB??
megandoyle97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, did anyone do the ocr chemistry paper today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Megamoo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by megandoyle97)
Hey, did anyone do the ocr chemistry paper today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
F324? Yes, it was horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
megandoyle97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
F324? Yes, it was horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know I can't stop crying because I know I've failed :/ I need a B in chem to get into surrey dietetics so I don't know what to do. Hopefully grade boundaries will be low!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Megamoo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by megandoyle97)
I know I can't stop crying because I know I've failed :/ I need a B in chem to get into surrey dietetics so I don't know what to do. Hopefully grade boundaries will be low!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think pretty much everyone at my college found it hard so I'm guessing it will be the same all over the country which hopefully means low grade boundaries! Pretty sure I got like a U :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads