University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread Watch

Claudia_gx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by oliwialidia)
Really!? Mine was BBB! I was shocked because I was expecting a lot higher! It's so weird ours are so different!
Wow that's awesome my insurance is BBB aha. Well done!
oliwialidia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Claudia_gx)
Wow that's awesome my insurance is BBB aha. Well done!
My insurance was BBB too, because I didn't have a lower one to put!
olliemccaffery
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
anyone got an offer for Graphic Design?
sofiagiulia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got an offer for Sociology! Does anyone know any contact hours estimates per week?
hummingthrough
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got an offer from UofEdinburgh for studying MSc in Psychological Research. Anyone here in a similar field? I'm supposed to reply to the offer by April 15th
helenapraidell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone got offers from Ireland? A good few of my friends and myself have applied but no one's heard anything back. We can only hope that the conversion to LC grades is what's the delay. The suspense really is killing me — send my application in October!!
Aqua_Diamond
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by helenapraidell)
Anyone got offers from Ireland? A good few of my friends and myself have applied but no one's heard anything back. We can only hope that the conversion to LC grades is what's the delay. The suspense really is killing me — send my application in October!!
I'm from Ireland and haven't heard anything either :-) I did my LC last year so, I already have my results. I think they're just slow at responding to certain courses. You're not alone, we just have to wait it out I think.
LLa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XTimmoX)
Has anyone who's applied for psychology heard anything back yet? I applied in like November last year and not heard anything back yet
Same situation! But I applied for MA psychology
LLa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rovensie)
I'm from China, and yes, honestly I'm feeling the same A lot of my friends who didn't really worked hard got into Edinburgh and some of them even had their parents write their PS. Actually everyone I know who applied to Edinburgh got in... And this made me really reluctant when I chose to firm Edinburgh. They ask only for BBB, and unlike the situation in the UK where most of the offer holders achieve higher than that, a lot of the offer holders I know here in China can only (hardly) achieve BBB. I'm not saying that people who don't do A Levels well are unable to do well in university, but I do believe it can be an indicator on how hard they work. I'm not complaining about anything , and I'm just saying actually it's most likely that I can still get into Edinburgh without having spent so much time on studying or doing my research or reading around my subject, etc. It's quite contradictory with Edinburgh's reputation...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! Maybe, the university of edinburgh is becoming less prestigious!
Aishj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone got offers for law?
Muntasir24
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Still waiting for law
Aishj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Muntasir24)
Still waiting for law
When did you apply
Muntasir24
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aishj)
When did you apply
I applied past the UCAS deadline on the 15th of Feb
Bryony.Mole6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied back at the start of dec and still not heard anything 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
XTimmoX
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LLa)
Same situation! But I applied for MA psychology
I was MA I think as well
Polar2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone with an engineering offer heard anything about a post-offer visit/open day? I'd be really keen to go but I haven't heard anything yet :/ my friend who has an offer for computer science has been invited to one already, which is slightly worrying me
nearlyheadlessian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LLa)
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! Maybe, the university of edinburgh is becoming less prestigious!
Since when has institutional prestige had anything to do with the conditions attached to offers made to prospective undergraduates who haven't completed their secondary education? Just sayin'...
benpringle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got my offer, Cambridge is my firm but either Edinburgh or York as my insurance. After visiting both I think I'll put York as my insurance.
Aishj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by benpringle)
Got my offer, Cambridge is my firm but either Edinburgh or York as my insurance. After visiting both I think I'll put York as my insurance.
Why not edinburgh?
benpringle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aishj)
Why not edinburgh?
York has a much better reputation for what I want to do and I much prefer it as a university in general for different reasons. Plus, a lot of people I know are at/going to York and I know very little people at Edinburgh. Great uni though, just not for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.78%
No - but I will (98)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (606)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise