First Year Vacation Schemes/Insight Days 2014-15 Watch

legallyblonde72
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I took the Situational Judgement test last week and met the benchmark so sat the Verbal Reasoning one on Thursday, fingers crossed I hear back soon! Have you heard back yet? (in reply to Baker & McKenzie question)
DiversityMatters
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My results were very bad, scored a 2.2. I have EXTENSIVE legal experience but honestly I know the top firms won't take me serious no matter what my experience with those grades. So I will begin applying for vac schemes in third year I reckon?

What do you guys think I should do??

Thanks
J-SP
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DiversityMatters)
My results were very bad, scored a 2.2. I have EXTENSIVE legal experience but honestly I know the top firms won't take me serious no matter what my experience with those grades. So I will begin applying for vac schemes in third year I reckon?

What do you guys think I should do??

Thanks
Sounds a realistic approach. Maybe supplement it with informal work experience this year or look for in-house opportunities as they tend to be more open minded, and are a great way to build your CV even further.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lucilou101
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by legallyblonde72)
I took the Situational Judgement test last week and met the benchmark so sat the Verbal Reasoning one on Thursday, fingers crossed I hear back soon! Have you heard back yet? (in reply to Baker & McKenzie question)
Yeah that's the same as me, haven't heard back since the Verbal Reasoning

Although, I just checked and my Verbal Reasoning hasn't changed to completed, even though I did it and the link to complete it doesn't work anymore. (slightly worrying)
legallyblonde72
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lucilou101)
Yeah that's the same as me, haven't heard back since the Verbal Reasoning

Although, I just checked and my Verbal Reasoning hasn't changed to completed, even though I did it and the link to complete it doesn't work anymore. (slightly worrying)
Don't worry - I had the exact same issue with both the SJ and VR!! I emailed the firm both times (probably look super keen...) to check there hadn't been an issue but never got a response, but both changed to 'completed' a few days after - I guess it just takes a little time.

Good luck let me know if you hear!
kaye88
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you in your first year?
Lucilou101
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by kaye88)
Are you in your first year?
To whom is this question directed?

This thread is over a year old now, so those who participated will no longer be first years.
Nemi_Juelz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how you would go about asking a question like:

"How is (Name of Firm) different to the other firms you have applied to?"

Also I have a limited amount of work experience and these vacation schemes/insight day applications tend to ask a lot of questions (which is to be expected).

Your help will be most welcomed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.8%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (700)
47.43%

Watched Threads