The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fluteflute
"Applicants should be intending to return to their country of ordinary residence following their studies."

I think you can interpret that as including postgrad.... :tongue:

Oh; thats nice. Do I have to apply or will oxford inform me specifically? [Btw my comma key is not working so regard semicolons as commas.:tongue:]
Reply 381
Hello everyone,
I am new here. I wanted to join this discussion as I hold an offer to read biochemistry at Exeter College.
My offer is based on the grades A* AA. I applied with CIE IGCSEs and AS levels so yes I am an overseas applicant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sgk286
Hello everyone,
I am new here. I wanted to join this discussion as I hold an offer to read biochemistry at Exeter College.
My offer is based on the grades A* AA. I applied with CIE IGCSEs and AS levels so yes I am an overseas applicant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello fellow(it rhymes :tongue:) biochemist.
I have an offer for biochem; from magdalen and I am overseas too
Reply 383
Original post by sgk286
Hello everyone,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to The Student Room, sgk286, and congratulations on your offer! :smile:
Reply 384
Original post by un_willing
Nice! I was beginning to think I was on my own (but I'm used to that, being a linguist...). I got a conditional offer for French & Beginner's Russian. Did you have interviews at Lincoln? How were they?

Congratulations :smile: look forward to hopefully seeing you in October! Yes, it's good to know another linguist! I had 2 interviews at Jesus (my invitation to interview came from Jesus) and one at Lincoln. I'd say the interview at Lincoln was more challenging but I actually really enjoyed it! Did you interview at Lincoln or did you get reallocated?
Original post by Jenna15
Congratulations :smile: look forward to hopefully seeing you in October! Yes, it's good to know another linguist! I had 2 interviews at Jesus (my invitation to interview came from Jesus) and one at Lincoln. I'd say the interview at Lincoln was more challenging but I actually really enjoyed it! Did you interview at Lincoln or did you get reallocated?

Yeah I applied to Lincoln and was interviewed there. At least you only had to cross the road for your Lincoln interview! I felt my French interview was particularly tough (for some reason it was with the French, German and Spanish tutors, and I was being severely grilled by all of them!) so I was utterly shocked to get an offer. Hope to see you there :smile:
St. Peter's anyone ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fluteflute
During interviews? Yep! :smile:

I only met one student guide doing Computer Science and Philosophy. Don't know how to decide if it was you or not now........
Original post by Lau14
Can I still find out my PAT result by emailing my college asking for feedback even though I have an offer?

Yes, you can. Just send them a polite email asking whether it would be possible to get your PAT result and scores in other parts of the application (if you want to know them :biggrin: )
Original post by EvasiveRose
I only met one student guide doing Computer Science and Philosophy. Don't know how to decide if it was you or not now........

Was he the embodiment of amazing, incredibly humorous and extremely knowledgeable? :P
Reply 390
Original post by LordNedStark
Hello fellow(it rhymes :tongue:) biochemist.
I have an offer for biochem; from magdalen and I am overseas too

Did you go to oxford to make interviews or just did the interview by Skype? I did the interview by Skype. It was scary yet a great experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by foalsgold
St. Peter's anyone ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I have an offer for St Peter's! Which course? :smile:
Original post by Noble.
I'm pretty sure that unless Singaporean, most internationals will pretty much have to pay, at least some, out of their own pocket.

No.

Hi! I'm just curious, why is it that Singaporeans won't have to pay? I'm actually Singaporean and struggling to find funding to go to Oxford.
Original post by Lucilou101
Was he the embodiment of amazing, incredibly humorous and extremely knowledgeable? :P

Haha. The person I spoke to could have been all those things although our conversation lasted approximately a minute so I can't be sure.... :colondollar:
Original post by Lau14
Can I still find out my PAT result by emailing my college asking for feedback even though I have an offer?

Yes, you can ask for this.
Original post by LordNedStark
One of the conditions of reach oxford is that
I have to return back to my country after my course is over.(I read it somewhere).
What if I want to continue postgrad?

I will let Souktik take care of all your queries:

Original post by souktik
x
Original post by admissionshost

Is it possible to get feedback on your interview performance?
Reply 397
Original post by admissionshost

Original post by EvasiveRose
Yes, you can. Just send them a polite email asking whether it would be possible to get your PAT result and scores in other parts of the application (if you want to know them :biggrin: )

Original post by Yaz97
I'm half an hour from Derby too - which part of Derbyshire are you from?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Wirksworth, it's near Matlock if you haven't heard of it! What about you? :biggrin:
Original post by Chlorophile
Is it possible to get feedback on your interview performance?

Yes it is. I'm not sure if all the colleges have the same policy though

Latest

Trending

Trending