Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which party do you plan to vote for in the General Election? Jan-Feb opinion poll Watch

• View Poll Results: Which party are you planning to vote for?
    Conservative
    22.74%
    Labour
    23.58%
    Liberal Democrats
    5.89%
    UKIP
    10.53%
    SNP
    3.16%
    Sinn Féin
    1.05%
    Green Party
    24.63%
    Plaid Cymru
    0.42%
    SDLP
    0.63%
    DUP
    0.84%
    Independent
    0.63%
    Alliance
    0.21%
    Respect
    0.42%
    Other (please state in a post)
    0.84%
    Not voting
    4.42%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    The Greens are going to win it, Lord have mercy.
    Maybe on TSR, but probably not in real life.

(Original post by Raymat)
    Is anybody voting the Whigs?
    The Whigs are still around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    The Greens are going to win it, Lord have mercy.
    I wouldn't go that far but considering the general picture you get of public opinion on TSR I really expected UKIP to be doing better and Green to be doing worse. Tories are no real surprise. People want them out. If this demographic poll could get out to the wider public it might provoke some debate and hopefully steal some votes from other parties, that being said if people are voting right they'll probably still vote right and if they're voting left they'll probably vote left so if anything I imagine a labour government is most likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    The Whigs are still around?
    I was referring to the Liberal Democrats but I like calling them Whigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Manifesto)
    The Green Party is committed to pursuing immediate and unconditional nuclear disarmament.
    This is enough reason to avoid voting Green.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comptroller)
    This is enough reason to avoid voting Green.
    Agreed.

I think that anyone considering voting Green needs a brain transplant. Waste of space wind farms and green levies when oil is fluctuating at under 50 dollars a barrel? No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    I wouldn't go that far but considering the general picture you get of public opinion on TSR I really expected UKIP to be doing better and Green to be doing worse. Tories are no real surprise. People want them out. If this demographic poll could get out to the wider public it might provoke some debate and hopefully steal some votes from other parties, that being said if people are voting right they'll probably still vote right and if they're voting left they'll probably vote left so if anything I imagine a labour government is most likely.
    Opinion polls show very much an even spread. With the exception of Labour's 3% seat distribution advantage, I wouldn't be surprised (and hope) that the Tories are the largest party after the election - most of the people voting UKIP will see sense and see that it's essentially a vote for Labour, so vote Tory.

But who is to say that the SNP won't prop them up and force them to waste £180 billion on the Scots?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, as long as it isn't UKIP, BNP, Britains First or any other bull**** party I don't care. They all lie and they're all only benefitting themselves, except Green but they're as weak as a nun.

ReputationRep:
    Conservative!
    I would like a referendum on the EU.
    Also I have a great MP! Done a fantastic job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.