The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Durham College Allocation Thread (for 2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tibbz2
Yup!

Although only going for the Tuesday and my subject talk and stuff is nearly all day! Hopefully I'll be able to look around Chads before I leave.

Yay, you got booked! I think you're doing Physics from what I remember? Maybe I'll see you there then! Are you driving or taking the train? :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by J3SS742
Yes, I am! :smile: What subject have you got an offer for? :biggrin:

I have an offer for Biochemistry (Biological Sciences). :smile: What about you?
Reply 382
Original post by Sapphire321
I have an offer for Biochemistry (Biological Sciences). :smile: What about you?

Haha no way, same! :smile: guess I'll see you at the visit day then! :biggrin:
Yay, you got booked! I think you're doing Physics from what I remember? Maybe I'll see you there then! Are you driving or taking the train? :smile:

I was going to get a train but there were none that arrived early enough, so im being driven up instead!
What course are you going for? :smile:

English Literature and French :smile:
On the St Chad's page of the post application open day guide it says girls should wear a "dress, skirt or trousers and blouse" for the formal dinner. Does anyone know whether they mean a business style/office outfit or a dress up/party outfit?
I just received my offer for Ancient History today. How long does it GENERALLY take for a college to email you? 1 week? 1 month?
I'm going for Biochemistry. :smile: You?

My course is Biomedical Sciences, so kind of similar-ish!

I was wondering about the formal dinner too, they don't really give you much information about the whole thing :/ I was thinking a smart dress, but more party than office?
Original post by bethblur
I just received my offer for Ancient History today. How long does it GENERALLY take for a college to email you? 1 week? 1 month?

Hi. More like one week. Now they have done the first big allocation they are allocating on a regular basis
Original post by southernbelle123
Hi. More like one week. Now they have done the first big allocation they are allocating on a regular basis

Am i at a disadvantage for my preferred if they have already done the first big allocation?
Original post by rust&stardust
My course is Biomedical Sciences, so kind of similar-ish!

I was wondering about the formal dinner too, they don't really give you much information about the whole thing :/ I was thinking a smart dress, but more party than office?

If you are unsure I would email the college. My college is not having a formal dinner on the open evening but they have VERY detailed instructions on the website for when term starts about what to wear.
Am i at a disadvantage for my preferred if they have already done the first big allocation?

No. Each college has a quota for each subject and they dish out places throughout the allocation period so that they don't get too many biologists and too few english students at the end of the process
Original post by southernbelle123
No. Each college has a quota for each subject and they dish out places throughout the allocation period so that they don't get too many biologists and too few english students at the end of the process

Ok that's reassuring. Thank you

Congratulations!

Mine was the very next day last week so hopefully you will here soon.

I logged into the post offer page with ucas ID and durham PIN and it showed accommodation at my college - I found out 12 hours before I officially got the letter from the college. I couldn't wait!
I also got my preferred college so i think it depends on how many people are on your course already who are at your preferred college.

Good luck!
Original post by lililou
Congratulations!

Mine was the very next day last week so hopefully you will here soon.

I logged into the post offer page with ucas ID and durham PIN and it showed accommodation at my college - I found out 12 hours before I officially got the letter from the college. I couldn't wait!
I also got my preferred college so i think it depends on how many people are on your course already who are at your preferred college.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! Were you notified by email, or did you sign in and then find out? How do you find what your durham pin is?
Any prospective Trevelyan theologians around? Also, to add to the Durham vs St Andrews debate, which theology department is better? On paper, Durham seems to be the obvious choice, but I wasn't too impressed with it at the open day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much! Were you notified by email, or did you sign in and then find out? How do you find what your durham pin is?

My durham PIN was on one of the very first emails I received from them. I signed in first and afterwards I was notified by email. A few people on here did it that way.
Original post by lililou
My durham PIN was on one of the very first emails I received from them. I signed in first and afterwards I was notified by email. A few people on here did it that way.

It says my details are incorrect when I try to log in. I'm guessing they'll give me a new pin because they gave me an offer for Ancient History, when my opening email was addressed to me concerning joint honours with Modern.
It says my details are incorrect when I try to log in. I'm guessing they'll give me a new pin because they gave me an offer for Ancient History, when my opening email was addressed to me concerning joint honours with Modern.

Hi
That happens until your college has been allocated. I got my offer in the evening and experienced the same as you but then the following morning at around ten I got through. My pin didn't change. I had a change of course too.
Original post by lililou
Hi
That happens until your college has been allocated. I got my offer in the evening and experienced the same as you but then the following morning at around ten I got through. My pin didn't change. I had a change of course too.

Oh wow! Thank you so much! That's really helpful. Will keep checking lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending