Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire321)
    Is anyone here who has been allocated to St Chad's going to the Monday/Tuesday residential open day?
    Yup!

Although only going for the Tuesday and my subject talk and stuff is nearly all day! Hopefully I'll be able to look around Chads before I leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenaf)
    I found out today I've been accepted by Castle as well what subject?
    Physics and Astronomy, you?

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated to Grey. Who else here has?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here who has been allocated to St Chad's going to the Monday/Tuesday residential open day?
    Yes, I am! What subject have you got an offer for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paarkerpenn)
    I'm the same, was super keen on arch and anth, especially when I was considering (momentarily) Oxford, but was put off my how few unis offered it. I'm quite happy I've been given the referral opportunity!
    I think it's all very confusing. I'm sure once you receive a decision from Durham it'll will become a lot clearer. There is so much to consider at the moment, feel like I' changing my mind every two seconds!
    I'm fearing getting dumped in the worse ones as its a referral, sort of similar to Ox/Cam pooling systems ):

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any news for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwilliams97)
    I will be
    What course are you going for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rust&stardust)
    I'm going to that one What course are you going for?
    I'm going for Biochemistry. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Yup!

Although only going for the Tuesday and my subject talk and stuff is nearly all day! Hopefully I'll be able to look around Chads before I leave.
    Yay, you got booked! I think you're doing Physics from what I remember? Maybe I'll see you there then! Are you driving or taking the train?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J3SS742)
    Yes, I am! What subject have you got an offer for?
    I have an offer for Biochemistry (Biological Sciences). What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for Biochemistry (Biological Sciences). What about you?
    Haha no way, same! guess I'll see you at the visit day then!

ReputationRep:
    Yay, you got booked! I think you're doing Physics from what I remember? Maybe I'll see you there then! Are you driving or taking the train?
    I was going to get a train but there were none that arrived early enough, so im being driven up instead!

ReputationRep:
    What course are you going for?
    English Literature and French

ReputationRep:
    On the St Chad's page of the post application open day guide it says girls should wear a "dress, skirt or trousers and blouse" for the formal dinner. Does anyone know whether they mean a business style/office outfit or a dress up/party outfit?

ReputationRep:
    I just received my offer for Ancient History today. How long does it GENERALLY take for a college to email you? 1 week? 1 month?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for Biochemistry. You?
    My course is Biomedical Sciences, so kind of similar-ish!

I was wondering about the formal dinner too, they don't really give you much information about the whole thing :/ I was thinking a smart dress, but more party than office?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethblur)
    I just received my offer for Ancient History today. How long does it GENERALLY take for a college to email you? 1 week? 1 month?
    Hi. More like one week. Now they have done the first big allocation they are allocating on a regular basis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by southernbelle123)
    Hi. More like one week. Now they have done the first big allocation they are allocating on a regular basis
    Am i at a disadvantage for my preferred if they have already done the first big allocation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rust&stardust)
    My course is Biomedical Sciences, so kind of similar-ish!

I was wondering about the formal dinner too, they don't really give you much information about the whole thing :/ I was thinking a smart dress, but more party than office?
    If you are unsure I would email the college. My college is not having a formal dinner on the open evening but they have VERY detailed instructions on the website for when term starts about what to wear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethblur)
    Am i at a disadvantage for my preferred if they have already done the first big allocation?
    No. Each college has a quota for each subject and they dish out places throughout the allocation period so that they don't get too many biologists and too few english students at the end of the process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by southernbelle123)
    No. Each college has a quota for each subject and they dish out places throughout the allocation period so that they don't get too many biologists and too few english students at the end of the process
    Ok that's reassuring. Thank you

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.