Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DarrenBCFC)
    Exclusive to the richest 5% or so. In My opinion the NHS has become worse in the last 5 years or so
    Far from.
    And of this is the case then why has the percentage of tax paid by the richest increased and by the poorest decreased?

You are the typical lefty "the right is evil and wet must all be equal in having nothing" fool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Far from.
    And of this is the case then why has the percentage of tax paid by the richest increased and by the poorest decreased?

You are the typical lefty "the right is evil and wet must all be equal in having nothing" fool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you see this fair

Scenario - Millionaire - £250,000 a year tax cut
    Pensioner who can't relocate £15 a week bedroom tax

ReputationRep:
    Also another one of my favourites is Glenda Jackson who is joint top with Dennis Skinner purely for this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0G2r7G96RY

ReputationRep:
    Cameron

Clegg

May

Gove
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Do you see this fair

Scenario - Millionaire - £250,000 a year tax cut
    Pensioner who can't relocate £15 a week bedroom tax
    How cute, falling back on the "bedroom tax".
    And if a pensioner can't afford the " bedroom tax " I do question their ability to budget given how generous the state pension is. Also, IIRC, there is an upper age threshold, although I think it's a bit higher than retirement age.

How about this one: millionaire, £42,500 income tax cut, about 10pc of their tax liability. Oh, and of course one property sale may well take away a few years of that due to stamp duty changes.
    Peasant on 10k, about £720 tax cut, 100pc of their income tax liability.
    How about this, your 5pc starts at something like 70k, a group something like 2k worse off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Far from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And you're a typical right wing 'lefties are evil and want to stifle aspiration, the free market is perfect and will save us all' fool.
    People in glass houses...

Not to mention the fact you're now praising the tories for taxing the rich more when that's the very accusation you throw at Labour and call it the politics of envy?

You're just a conservative cheerleader unable to form your own opinions so you support everything they do and say.
    Understandable during the election but now do come off it.

ReputationRep:
    How cute, falling back on the "bedroom tax".
    And if a pensioner can't afford the " bedroom tax " I do question their ability to budget given how generous the state pension is. Also, IIRC, there is an upper age threshold, although I think it's a bit higher than retirement age.

How about this one: millionaire, £42,500 income tax cut, about 10pc of their tax liability. Oh, and of course one property sale may well take away a few years of that due to stamp duty changes.
    Peasant on 10k, about £720 tax cut, 100pc of their income tax liability.
    How about this, your 5pc starts at something like 70k, a group something like 2k worse off

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Peasant are you serious- that is a working class wage- employers pay what they want now. You can write all about how much of a drain the working class people are on society because they do not earn over 10k a year who are really feeling the cuts would you still be right wing if you lost your job and was being paid the minimum wage so Camerons cronies can rip the piss out of you. Really it all depends where you live traditionally speaking the tories do well in the south coast and London while picking up the rich arrogant **** seats like staffordshire and Cannock. While Labour do well in the West Midlands, Nottinghamshire, most of Yorkshire - the North East and Scotland.I hope you end up on the minimum wage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Cameron

Clegg

May

Gove
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    And you're a typical right wing 'lefties are evil and want to stifle aspiration, the free market is perfect and will save us all' fool.

Not to mention the fact you're now praising the tories for taxing the rich more when that's the very accusation you throw at Labour and call it the politics of envy?

You're just a conservative cheerleader unable to form your own opinions so you support everything they do and say.
    Taxing the rich more - and then giving it them back and some more with there 250k a year
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)

Am I praising them for taxing the rich not heavily?
    Everybody should have their taxes cut, everybody is having their taxes cut, at least on the simplest level

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Peasant are you serious- that is a working class wage- employers pay what they want now. You can write all about how much of a drain the working class people are on society because they do not earn over 10k a year who are really feeling the cuts would you still be right wing if you lost your job and was being paid the minimum wage so Camerons cronies can rip the piss out of you. Really it all depends where you live traditionally speaking the tories do well in the south coast and London while picking up the rich arrogant **** seats like staffordshire and Cannock. While Labour do well in the West Midlands, Nottinghamshire, most of Yorkshire - the North East and Scotland.I hope you end up on the minimum wage
    And nor the even more unsurprising argument: cannot argue on any factual basis any more, or at least have given up trying to argue on a deceitful pseudo-factual basis so resort to emotive argument and risky irrelevant points.

This is why I rarely leave MHoC these days. At least there, for the most part, you debate sensibly or leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I praising them for taxing the rich not heavily?
    Everybody should have their taxes cut, everybody is having their taxes cut, at least on the simplest level

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You seemed to be...
    You're trying to de-politicize the issues stating that 'everyone should have their taxes cut' as if it is simply common sense in order to remove debate from the assertion you are making.

I accept there is an argument for reducing taxes but personally there are plenty who don't think taxes should be cut and have good reason for that view.

I personally want us to have the very best and most well funded PUBLIC healthcare, education and services in the world and want as little to no privatization or profit driven motive in the process. Thus taxation in my opinion should rise for those who can afford it.

And 'everyone having their taxes cut' is frankly not true anyway. How about VAT which has shot up again? Or how about the fact that wages in real terms have fallen? Offsets a modest increase in the personal allowance.

ReputationRep:
    And nor the even more unsurprising argument: cannot argue on any factual basis any more, or at least have given up trying to argue on a deceitful pseudo-factual basis so resort to emotive argument and risky irrelevant points.

This is why I rarely leave MHoC these days. At least there, for the most part, you debate sensibly or leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've hardly been much better yourself Jammy Duel. Writing things like 'Labour will mess things up' and making loads of posts simply sniping at 'lefties' and resorting to Daily Mail sensationalist type headline posts and then asking for 'sensible debate'.
    When will you stop being a mouthpiece for the tory party and actually regain your ability to think independently?
    Step off your high horse and stop acting like you're better or more intelligent then other people.
    The election was 6 weeks ago, unless they're paying you there's no reason to keep acting like a tribal football supporter as you have been.

ReputationRep:
    Michael Gove
    Ian Duncan Smith
    George Osborne
    Nigel Farage
    Simon Danczuk
    Chuka Umunna

ReputationRep:
    Selling it below par- to make the bankers and the people in the city richer and the people on the minimum wage have the cutbacks they choose. Where do you live south coast? London? come and live in the West Midlands I have never met a Conservative voter. It is Labour and UKIP who are the two biggest parties on total votes
    Most of the seats in the Midlands are Tory. Some counties have no Labour representation, Warwickshire and Shropshire to name only two. I could also say Hereford and Worcestershire. My county of Warwickshire contained two very marginal seats which Labour couldn't win.

ReputationRep:
    Far from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bull**** – see studies cited here
    http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...ax-campaigners

Tax payers' alliance and ONS would disagree with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Most of the seats in the Midlands are Tory. Some counties have no Labour representation, Warwickshire and Shropshire to name only two. I could also say Hereford and Worcestershire. My county of Warwickshire contained two very marginal seats which Labour couldn't win.
    No it is not at all
    west bromwich west
    westbromwich east
    the whole if wolverhampton 4
    every brumseat sutton and solihull are seperate towns and are snob areaa 8
    dudley north
    every walsall seat -thers about 4
    Thats all the labour seats =19 off the top of my mind

Tory seats in the midlands
    dudley south
    Sutton Coldfield
    Solihull

Stafford is a seperate county _ you jumoed the gun i said West Mids not hereford and Worcester.they seem to do well in the countryside

ReputationRep:
    No it is not at all
    west bromwich west
    westbromwich east
    the whole if wolverhampton 4
    every brumseat sutton and solihull are seperate towns and are snob areaa 8
    dudley north
    every walsall seat -thers about 4
    Thats all the labour seats =19 off the top of my mind

Tory seats in the midlands
    dudley south
    Sutton Coldfield
    Solihull

Stafford is a seperate county _ you jumoed the gun i said West Mids not hereford and Worcester.they seem to do well in the countryside
    Okay so you're talking about the West Midlands as in county. I thought you were talking about West Midlands as in election area. Birmingham's a safe Labour area, but Birmingham is pretty ****. West Midlands area is definitely Tory.

ReputationRep:
    Oh in the W Mids area the tories just give us the immigrants now because London is full. In my area there is now more foreigners then there is white people.

You Mean do his mates in the City a deal give the rich more money when the share prices inflate meaning there is nothing left for the working man. They make me sick- I have never seen a party elected which has broke as many promises. They where only elected because of the scaremongering that the SNP will be governing England- and the fact 3 million Labour voters did not show. Also going back to the point of the SNP they may have done well this time but the scots will go back to labour as they now have a conservative government. Hated in Scotland, Hated in the Midlands and Hated in Yorkshire ,If Labour was to reinstall Blair overnight and there was a reelecion the conservatives would not have a chance. Aslong as Labour get someone with half a brain they will win over 400 seats in the 2020 election.
    There is so much rambling here that most of what you say is off topic. Your comment about no one in the West Midlands voting Tory is no surprise. There are places that hate the Tories, and the fact that you know no one who votes Conservative is a mere statement of where you live and is in no way representative of the UK.

And no, I don't mean do his mates in the City a favour - I mean being able to stop cutting benefits so quickly. So kind of the opposite. But good try, attempting to get your anti-Tory message in at every opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    If you are going on all votes added together the its labour hands down
    For EG - this is just a hypothetical and i havent researched the populations

Lets say Birmingham Hodgehill 100,000 eligible to vote (this is just an example and may not be entirely truful
    labour wins majority and win abou 25,0000 seats as the turnout is poor
    redditch population 20,000 who can vote lets sqy conservatives win this seat with 8,000 votes , and then do the same in broms grove

So that equals 25,000 labour votes =1 seat
    But 16000 tory votes wins 2 seats

Its unfair in the way labour take the big cities in the West Midlands area and then you have tiny consistencies such as redditch bromsgrove cannock staffs south and Litchfield which probably add up to 150,000 eligible voters in TOTAL. Where as one Birmingham seat is almost as big and wins less seats
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Are people still really making excuses for Labour?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.