Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go to sleep now, good night all! Good luck to everyone with the exam tomorrow.

If there's anything that you need to ask, just ask me here or send me a PM and I'll try and respond when I wake up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JC.)
    Labour market policies are policies the government can implement in order to aid the labour market. That's why choosing employment for that question was vital, because that's essentially what the question was about. How the government can improve the labour market and the conflicts it may cause.
    Ahh ok, so it's based from the government. So therefore, a subsidy to firms to increase employment of workers can also be valid, evaluated with a increase in budget deficit, leading to conflicting objectives. Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JC.)
    I'm going to go to sleep now, good night all! Good luck to everyone with the exam tomorrow.

If there's anything that you need to ask, just ask me here or send me a PM and I'll try and respond when I wake up.
    Yeh fair enough, cheers for the help and hope that it's been decent revision for you haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how many paragraphs we should write for each question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nurav11)
    Ahh ok, so it's based from the government. So therefore, a subsidy to firms to increase employment of workers can also be valid, evaluated with a increase in budget deficit, leading to conflicting objectives. Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem. I would be cautious with that one though. This is the aggregate demand of labour, not demand of one type of worker. Subsides are used to increase the output of certain good/demand for certain workers, which is more micro.

Wouldn't hurt to throw it in there, but I'd do it at the end after the other points if you have time.

Have enjoyed helping, and it's helped me revise

Now I really am going to bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hai_Ann)
    Number of paragraphs is subjective, depends whether you put your Evaluation together with your KAA or not.

For eight markers, One paragraph for definitions/data, One for the first point, and another for the second point. So three short paragraphs

12 markers: One paragraph for definitions and data, second paragraph for A point and evaluation, and a third paragraph for a second point, and more evaluation

30 markers: Four paragraphs, same as the 12 marker but with another paragraph for Point + Evaluation, and the paragraphs should be really detailed

ReputationRep:
    What time is this exam? I know it usually varies slightly, but is it around half 1?

ReputationRep:
    What was the formula for the index thing again?

Is it (new/old) x 100 or ((new-old)/old) x 100?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irMike)
    Environment, Income equality and Productivity I think are the others.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annngelx)
    What was the formula for the index thing again?

Is it (new/old) x 100 or ((new-old)/old) x 100?
    For Percentage change it's

[(New-Old)/Old] x 100

For Index numbers it's (New/Base Year) x 100

Or (New/Old) x (Original index number)
    if you're not dealing with the base number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hai_Ann)
    For the 30 marker my teacher suggests 8.
    Ist paragraph should be your introduction
    The other paragraphs should include your KAA and evaluation. 4 KAA points and 3 evaluation points or vice versa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irMike)
    What time is this exam? I know it usually varies slightly, but is it around half 1?
    yeahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mowtoe)
    yeahh
    Alright sweet, I get a lie in

ReputationRep:
    Guys.. Quick help:

1) How is CPI Measured?
    2) What is the difference between CPI and RPI?
    3) Explain 2 ways of measuring unemployment.
    4) Give advantages and disadvantages of the methods explained above.
    5) What are the 3 injections and withdrawals into and out of the circular flow of income?

Feel free to post 5 more questions after you have answered these one (short + snappy ones, not long, detailed ones) and myself and fellow users will answer and so on...
    A chain of questions!

Good luck peeps.

ReputationRep:
    Guys for base year calcuation I under that its:

New - Old
    old

Which gives you new years value.
    However, why do you have old years value of 100% to new years value e.g. 177% to get 277% - why can't you just put answer as new years value of 177% alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dripper)
    Guys.. Quick help:

1) How is CPI Measured?
    2) What is the difference between CPI and RPI?
    3) Explain 2 ways of measuring unemployment.
    4) Give advantages and disadvantages of the methods explained above.
    5) What are the 3 injections and withdrawals into and out of the circular flow of income?

Feel free to post 5 more questions after you have answered these one (short + snappy ones, not long, detailed ones) and myself and fellow users will answer and so on...
    A chain of questions!

Good luck peeps.
    1) CPI is measured using a survey of 7000 households. It asks them what they buy and how much they spend on each of the 650 items in the basket of goods. It does not include housing prices. It is calculated as a percentage.

2) RPI takes into account housing costs, mortgages, rent, etc. however CPI doesn't. The UK uses CPI to make the economy look more stable, since housing prices fluctuate and therefore using RPI would make th economy look unstable.

3) There are two main ways used by the government to measure unemployment the ILO and the CC. The ILO (international labour organisation) send out a survey/questionaire to households and ask if they have been in employment within the last 4 weeks and are willing and able to work within 2. People aged 16-65 are surveyed. The CC (claimant count) is a measure of the people claiming benefits, who are aged between 18-65.

4) The claimant count doesn't take into account people who are unemployed but not claiming benefits (possibly due to the stigma). The ILO is conducted by a survey, which means that people could lie, this skewing the results. Furthermore, the data is outdated when it is published, as unemployment rates are constantly fluctuating. By the time the data goes out, people could have lost/gained jobs. The ILO also takes into account people aged 16-18 who may be unable to work due to being in full time education.

5) Injections:

• Exports
    • Government spending
    • Investment

Withdrawals:

• Imports
    • Savings
    • Taxes

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean by 'unemployment is a lagging indicator'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbiex)
    What does it mean by 'unemployment is a lagging indicator'?
    It can change drastically even after following a particular trend. E.g. If it looks like unemployment is falling, one event could mean it begins to rise against the trend.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember seeing any questions in past papers relating to the financial and capital account. Anyone know if they are part of the specification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisP97)
    I can't remember seeing any questions in past papers relating to the financial and capital account. Anyone know if they are part of the specification?
    They aren't, you just need to know they always balance out the current account in the balance of payments + what makes up the current account (net trade values + current transfers)

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.