Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aklack)
    Anyone think they know the raw mark for an A?
    Well due to that cylinder question, I'm thinking the raw mark for an A will be around 59/60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heffalump .)
    I did
    -5x+3y-1=0
    do you think I still got all the marks?:L
    Absolutely you will. They say in the mark schemes to condone that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2014_GCSE)
    Absolutely you will. They say in the mark schemes to condone that kind of thing.
    Phew! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2014_GCSE)
    5x - 3y + 1 = 0
    (Original post by Sail last)
    It was 5y = -3x +7 since it went through (9, -4) or something
    (Original post by Madmatician)
    5y + 3x = 7
    Thank you!

Ugh, I made the stupidest mistake then. I wrote the first gradient as 5/3 and used -3/5 for the question after that. Omfg. I must've lost so many marks on such a dumb mistake. I'm actually kicking myself right now :/

That question was out of 8, so I must've got 4 marks at most. I'm so annoyed. F this.

ReputationRep:
    Even though this was generally a good test I hope that the ums graph isnt a straight line again!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excaliburnus)
    Thank you!

Ugh, I made the stupidest mistake then. I wrote the first gradient as 5/3 and used -3/5 for the question after that. Omfg. I must've lost so many marks on such a dumb mistake. I'm actually kicking myself right now :/
    That question was out of 8, so I must've got 4 marks at most. I'm so annoyed right now.
    It shouldn't matter - as you worked out the first gradient wrong, but the second right (going by your gradient) you should have only lost the marks for the first part, and then you should be able to pick up on follow through marks.

ReputationRep:
    Are these the right answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoxa)
    It was 7.

You used the fact that the shortest distance will be to the midpoint, so 2/2 = 1. Your radius was root 50, so you used pythgoras; 50-1 =49. Root49 is the shortest distance, which is 7.
    Oh man.
    Are there any questions that you found difficult.

ReputationRep:
    for the cylinder question where you have to find the positive value of r i just put r=4 should i also have acknowledged the r=-4 or will i still get full marks regardless?

ReputationRep:
    this paper was easy, banter

ReputationRep:
    also im wondering if anyone one knows each and every question that requires a statement of some sort because that is where i usually drop marks? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I always try and stop myself reading threads like these because I go from confident to 'HAH IM FUJJED' but for once I'm like yas, I got this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    Oh man.
    Are there any questions that you found difficult.
    Like all of them? I thought that was the hardest C1 paper I've ever done. How did you find it as a whole?

I think the applied modules will hard this year too.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know of an unofficial mark scheme for the edexcel board of this paper yet?

ReputationRep:
    thats exactly what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadMuhammad)
    I got 108/5 or something similar not 31.
    thats exactly what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterchristo2)
    thats exactly what I got
    Did you find the paper hard?

ReputationRep:
    completely botched the cylinder question and somehow SOMEHOW my brain didnt register that the I had the radius WHAT THE FUCUUUAFUAUFAFU., so i sat there like a moron knowing what to do for the circle question with the RADIUS and a diagram drawn out and I FOR SOME REASON DIDNT SEE THAT I HAD THE RADIUS=HYPOTENUSE. -______- shoot myself. How is that even possible....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lobster37)
    also im wondering if anyone one knows each and every question that requires a statement of some sort because that is where i usually drop marks? thanks!
    There's the roots one, where you had to say (x+2) is a factor, and the maximum/minimum points question, and maybe the ones with b^2-4ac? Apart from those, I can't think of any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lobster37)
    anyone else?
    I may have lost a few marks on question 6 where you had to work out the volume of the cylinder.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 27, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.